Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since this thread is full of negativity already, what i associate with an unhappy sp/so lifestyle is this (meaning falling into a repetitive life because of repressing sx-passions, which primarily has nothing to do with being attractive to the opposite sex or not ...) :
    Last edited by lynn; 03-02-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the chick seem so/sp, but the content of the original song is much more observing and subdued.
    Last edited by Galen; 06-19-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Frida Kahlo - "The Bus" (1929)

http://www.fridakahlo.org/the-bus.jsp
    This painting, The Bus, clearly shows Diego Rivera's influence on Frida Kahlo's political attitudes. In this painting, a few people are sitting side by side on a wooden bench of a rickety bus. They are representatives of different classes of Mexican society. From left to right, there are a housewife holding her shopping basket, a blue-collar guy in his work overall, a barefoot Indian mother who is feeding her baby, a little boy looking around, a businessman holding his money bag and a young girl which might be Frida herself. In this painting, Frida demonstrated her sympathy for the dispossessed. She painted the Indian mother as Madonna-like and the blue-eyed gringo is a representation for the capitalists.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this?

I miss you
    But I haven't met you yet
    So special
    But it hasn't happened yet
    You are gorgeous
    I remember

And if you believe in dreams
    Or what is more important
    That a dream can come true
    I will meet you

I was peaking
    I haven't been given
    My best souvenir
    I miss you
    I know your habits
    But wouldn't recognize you yet

And if you believe in dreams
    Or what is more important
    That a dream can come true
    I will meet you

I'm so impatient
    I can't stand the wait
    When will I get my cuddle?
    Who are you?

I know by now that you'll arrive
    By the time I stop waiting

I miss you

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

description and info on sp/so instinct & compatibility from this website. i kinda like the info on this site, i may post it into an article here if i can get permission:

Secure-Social instinct (sp/so)

"To build my self-sufficiency, material comfort, and societal role."
    Appearance: calm, polite, steady energy, grounded stance.
    Role: builder, businessman, model citizen, protector, philanthropist.

Summary
    This type seeks to achieve a stable, peaceful living. They are diligent about building financial and societal security for themselves and their loved ones. Reserved in nature, they may be sociable out of formality or the desire to secure useful alliances. They are often found in business or volunteer clubs that promote networking. Responsibility and sacrifice are their strong suits. Their relationships are based on loyalty and trust, more so than sexual intimacy or passion. Respecting privacy and space in their relationships, they may appear to lack warmth. Beneath the surface, they are deeply committed to their close ones. They live according to their means and dress without making a statement. Their homes and their relationships are stable, neat, and orderly. Their ideal partners are the Secure-Socials, Secure-Sexuals, and Social-Secures (sp/so, sp/sx, and so/sp).

Primary Instinct: Secure (sp)
    Those with the Secure Primary Instinct are concerned with "nesting and nurturing." Focused on protecting the self, they ensure that its physical needs, comfort, health, and self-sufficiency are met. They are keenly aware of their environment, such as its temperature, safety, and cleanliness. They are inclined to make their surroundings healthy and comfortable. They need personal space and privacy while they avoid situations that make them dependent or vulnerable. They tend to be grounded and stable. Compared to other types, they may appear more mature and disciplined, as they are focused on practical matters. They enjoy nourishing themselves and others physically, such as with food or clothing. They prefer durable, material goods over intangible entities. They tend to preserve memories, traditions, rituals, and family heirlooms.

Secondary Instinct: Social (so)
    The Social Instinct is channeled to serve the needs of the Secure Instinct. The result is that Secure-Socials contribute to their workplace and communities so that they can build financial and societal security for themselves and their loved ones. They are known to be dutiful and responsible at their work, rather than creative or free-spirited. They gain social status due to their steady contributions. Reserved in nature, they may be sociable out of formality or the desire to secure useful alliances. They are often found in business or volunteer clubs that promote networking. They see status and group belonging as a means to building security, rather than as ends. Their relationships are based on trust and loyalty, rather than passion. They live according to their status and dress without making a statement. Their homes and their relationships are stable, neat, and orderly.

Potential Weaknesses
    The Primary Instinct can be both a strength and a weakness. When people with the Secure Primary Instinct become overly preoccupied with its fulfillment, they may obsessively worry about health. This may lead to eating disorders, obsessions with cleanliness, or excessive exercise routines. Likewise, some may become needlessly anxious about financial matters or mortality. Secure-Socials have the Sexual Instinct as their least dominant Instinct. As a result, some may lack energy and creativity in life. Their relationships may lack depth and intimacy, as they may have difficulty fully opening up to their partners. The dominant Instinct is often used to compensate for the least dominant Instinct. For instance, Secure-Social businesspeople may use their financial resources to recruit creative individuals to the workplace.

Relationships
    In relationships, they seek trust, loyalty, and stability. They demonstrate their loyalty by standing firmly with their partners at all times, through good times and bad. Compared to the other types, they are rather practical about picking their partners, as opposed to indulging in their passions. If they had to choose, they will prefer a stable, secure relationship over an intense, exciting one. They value independence and respect other people's privacy. They rarely become dependent or vulnerable, as they usually maintain some space from their partners. If they feel that their personal space is violated, they will resist, but not necessarily leave. A marriage to them is a sacred contract that should never be broken, unless the spouse breaks the agreement first. They see their mate as a lifelong companion, rather than as a part of them. Abandonment is their biggest fear, and betrayal is their biggest insult.
    They live according to their means and dress without making a statement. Their homes and their relationships are stable, neat, and orderly.

Compatibility
    A couple with similar Instincts is most compatible because it allows the two to walk in the same direction. This is the opposite from Personality, in which “complements” attract. Walking in the same direction allows a couple to reach mutually agreeable decisions, while having complementary Personalities allows the couple to solve problems using different perspectives. The latter also adds a sense of freshness to the relationship while preventing overlapping identities. Their ideal partners are the Secure-Socials, Secure-Sexuals, and Social-Secures (sp/so, sp/sx, and so/sp).

Secure-Social + Secure-Social (sp/so + sp/so): Having similar motivations and needs, the two find each other’s company to be comforting. With compatible Personalities, they are able to achieve a loyal, stable, and secure living together. They will respect each other’s independence and privacy.

Secure-Social + Social-Secure (sp/so + so/sp): The Secure-Social partner helps to achieve a stable and secure living while the Social-Secure helps the couple further integrate into society. The result is a well to do couple that is able to steadily move up the social ladder.

Secure-Social + Secure-Sexual (sp/so + sp/sx): Having the same Primary Instinct, they feel comfortable and secure in each other’s company. The Secure-Social partner helps the couple integrate into society while the Secure-Sexual helps the couple enjoy new, exciting experiences together.

Incompatible Partners
    If paired with someone without the Secure Instinct, they will feel unable to fully trust their partner. Their partner may appear disloyal to them, even when the partner had no such intentions. Likewise, they may feel that the partner is too invasive, or demands too much interaction. Meanwhile, incompatible partners will feel that Secure-Socials have an inner core that can never be penetrated, or that they are unwilling to fully put themselves into the relationship. The former may also feel that the relationship lacks vigor and that the Secure-Social lacks affection.

Career
    Secure-Socials feel most fulfilled when working on projects that are in line with the goals of their Primary Instinct. Namely, just as they seek these entities for themselves, they are good at providing protection, physical comfort, health, and material and financial security to others. With a Social Secondary Instinct, they have a greater awareness of societal needs and can navigate themselves socially to achieve the aims of their Primary Instinct. They prefer careers that allow them to build financial and material security through established institutions. Examples of careers that they may enjoy include:

• Accountant
    • Business Manager
    • Civil Engineer
    • Health Care Administrator
    • Judge
    • Nurse
    • Police Officer
    • Real estate Developer
    • Stockbroker
    • Surgeon

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

really like this song - could be sp/so struggling with sx issues?

Here I am
    I'm too shy to show you my vulnerable side
    I'm too near to make it clear emotional suicide
    Is this love I'm thinking of I know that
    Know that
    Close the latch I can't attach I'm sure that I'm sure that

Here I am, I can't give you anything
    Here I stand, I can't turn away
    Here I am, don't want to cause you pain
    Here I stand, alone and on my own again

Death an act of Heaven slept I'm a crazy, lazy
    Fall so deep then I can't sleep, I'm slippin' into hazy
    Want to share but it's not there, and tell me why
    Laugh to live no tears to cry, and I really, want to

[Repeat: x2]
    Here I am, I can't give you anything
    Here I stand, I can't turn away
    Here I am, don't want to cause you pain

[Repeat: x7]
    Here I am

[Repeat: x7]
    Here I am, here I stand

On my own again on my own again
    Here I am, don't wanna cause you pain

Here I am, here I stand, oh here I stand
    Here I am, here I am, oh here I am
    Here I stand, here I am, here I stand, here I am

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Carly Waddell - sp/so (9?) - participated in 'Bachelor' and related series

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin Currie (frontman of Del Amitri) 6w7? sp/so

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@silke wow that Waddell girl looks a lot like Emily Kinney from "The Walking Dead" TV series

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 02-25-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rem Koolhaas - ILE sp/so

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hope I understand sp/so right :/

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Sent to me by an sp/so today. I thought, ahh, so is this what it is like...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

just posting a few comments from this blog post i came across. i've come across it before and remembered it because the OP believed that an sp/so only has a high chance of compatibility with another sp/so (unlike the other stacks.) i think a couple of the comments have some interesting thoughts regarding the nature of sp/so and relationships and how other stacks may perceive them. just some food for thought i guess

INTP said...

Sx/Sp more compatible with: Sx/Sp, Sx/So, Sp/Sx
    Sx/So more compatible with: Sx/So, Sx/Sp

Sp/Sx more compatible with: Sp/Sx, Sx/Sp
    Sp/So more compatible with: Sp/So

So/Sp more compatible with: So/Sp, So/Sx
    So/Sx more compatible with: So/Sx, So/Sp
    INTP said...

It appears that the instinctual variants play a more important role in Enneagram compatibility than the types themselves. This is exactly what this post is about.

However it shouldn't be interpreted in absolute terms like "the only type compatible with sp/so is sp/so", but rather in an orientative manner: "there are much higher chances for good compatibility beween two sp/so".

These aren't precise formulas, there's a lot of flexibility to them. Sometimes, two seemingly incompatible types can get along well, but it's just more improbable that's all.

The theory that sp/so is sensibly more compatible with another sp/so than with other instinctual stackings comes from the fact that both insist on less intimacy and more independence. So an sx would probably feel frustrated with them because of their need to be close and have intense contact. Something similar happens to the so/sp: they want social interaction and are fairly dependent on society's demands.

Of course if we really had to choose, then yes, the so/sp would be more suitable for the sp/so than either the sx/sp, sp/sx or sx/so. And this is exactly what the theory stipulates: that the more similar the types, the more likely the good compatibility. I only listed the highest chances, but the list can obviously go on, in order of similarity.

The sp/so stacking is one of the most independent and least relationship-oriented. Being in relationships does not come naturally to them and can easily feel suffocated by too much intimacy or too much social demands. They're highly individualistic and self-reliant and it is more likely that on the long term they will come to appreciate and get along better with a very similar person, with very similar views and behavior.

Like I said, this is not set in stone but it's obviously more likely.
    Anonymous said...

In some ways I agree about people who are more similar to each other being more compatible. I think the saying that 'opposites attract' is well... not as accurate as some may believe. But this is the only way I agree, and this agreement doesn't have anything to do with the Enneagram.

Perhaps the reason I feel so uncomfortable with trying to formulate different levels of compatibilities between each type is that I feel it can be destructive in more ways than one, and can lead to bias in how others view certain types, regardless of whether they are compatible with them. An example of this would be the idealization of the sx instinct - from this logic one may come to the conclusion that sp/so is only compatible with sp/so because the other variants don't like sp/so.

I would also disagree about sp/so being (or one of, even) the least relationship oriented; in many types, sp/so would seem far warmer than than so/sp, who is more diplomatic and focussed on group recognition. Also moreso than the sp/sx, who is possibly the most self absorbed, socialyl oblivious and self reliant. Because, for the sp/so, the social instinct is balanced and not generally a cause of stress, sp/so will often find that relationships come easy to them. True intimacy may not though, I would agree with that.

So yeah, I agree that certain stackings, even if of different types, can find themselves having a similar flavour and certain likemindedness, however this is not necessary and I don't even think it influences compatibility really.

A persons tastes, views, opinions and presentation may be affected by their stacking, however people of the exact same stacking often vary greatly in these areas despite this, and this is often what really determines compatibility.

For me, compatibility is not determine by E type at all, and I don't think it's part of it's purpose in gaing self understanding.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ben Watkins of Juno Reactor - sp/so NA

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watkins is sx/so imo, if not that then so/sp. juno reactor's music, not to mention their live act, is pretty much the epitome of contra-flow.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

much of what is posted on Chartressblue's channel is sp/so remakes - https://www.youtube.com/user/chartressblue/videos

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)