Thread: sx/sp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    There's a fetishistic obsession of some people who self-type this stacking to deem themselves as the ultimate prototype of it and an authority on the correctness of its symbolism, and it's really unsettling because no one does anything similar with the other stackings.

I like to focus on my own sx-y. I get impressions, sure, but not enough to judge another's sx from a few posts in a thread. I have not seen the full embodiment of it in any one personality here so if someone could direct me to the prototype? Maybe I will change my type. It is only when I have intimate conversations with people that I see it. I have trouble distinguishing if some people are sp/sx or sx/sp and it can take some time. Just about anything I post in this thread is going to be self-referential and to me that should be a given but fuck if I don't feel like I have to make a disclaimer sometimes so I don't offend someone's sensibilities. Music and art is all subjective symbolism. I pay attention to someone's actions and preferences. I like to hear their "story".

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

P.S. I find the word "fetishistic" creepy. It makes me cringe.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have been quick to sacrifice those things in the clutches of my first instinct. I could say I have taken them for granted. I am trying to be more appreciative of the these things because in the past I have walked away from everything I owned to satisfy first instinct, without regret. There were also periods of domestic bliss during that time. I think that is why I am better suited with an sp/sx type to help me stay grounded. I have longer periods of domesticity with an sp/sx than any sx first. For me getting into romantic relationships with another sx first is like playing with fire. My instinct, I think, is stereotypical in the sense that I would give everything up for that intense one on one connection with another human being (when it is reciprocated) even if it means going down in flames.

Rising like a phoenix from the ashes is a main theme for me.
    yea i'm definitely not like the bolded, but that is what i expect to see from sx-firsts. it would be unlikely for me to give up all of my material security for a relationship - it's more like, i'd try to bring that other special person into my sp world, make them a part of it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    yea i'm definitely not like the bolded, but that is what i expect to see from sx-firsts. it would be unlikely for me to give up all of my material security for a relationship - it's more like, i'd try to bring that other special person into my sp world, make them a part of it.
    My mom is so/sp and my stepdad was sp/so. I can understand this very well.

In a way they were an ideal couple. They loved each other very much. <3

YWIMW

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL ^ you are too focused on how other people of this stacking experience it. Must be some kind of angst.

Everything about Enigma feels sx/sp to me, me, me.

"In your hands, I am numb,
    as I write words in color,
    like flames beneath the sea,
    pull me in,
    feel deeper than my skin,
    so we may blossom,
    and ignite again..."
    mixolydian is not a very sx/sp mode, please re-evaluate

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    mixolydian is not a very sx/sp mode, please re-evaluate
    Enigma got me through existential κρίσις so I don't care if it meets the "official criteria" for sx/sp. But if you can direct me to the official source of criteria I will reevaluate my perception based on any Te you can provide.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enigma got me through existential κρίσις so I don't care if it meets the "official criteria" for sx/sp. But if you can direct me to the official source of criteria I will reevaluate my perception based on any Te you can provide.
    that was a failed music joke. carry on

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

that was a failed music joke. carry on
    I am not a musician, like you. so it went right over my head.

I just deeply appreciate it.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well shit maybe I have all the instinct stackings last then lol. I do not have a wide circle of friends, no intimate relationships and do not care much about my security.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

^ I would have guessed sx/so for him and so/sx for her.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

sx/sp/sx

\\

It doesn't have to be a "twisted" mind though.

YWIMW

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that too ^ but I don't think it's just for sx/sp

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just imagine a stranger running up to me on the street, asking me all of these invasive questions and freaking me the fuck out. Gotta maintain your space, bruh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I just imagine a stranger running up to me on the street, asking me all of these invasive questions and freaking me the fuck out. Gotta maintain your space, bruh.
    Why would a stranger do that? I avoid eye contact, in public, whenever possible, it helps.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would a stranger do that? I avoid eye contact, in public, whenever possible, it helps.
    A stranger made that image and posted it anonymously. If this was the first thing a stranger told me about themselves, I'd be pretty turned off tbh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I love that too ^ but I don't think it's just for sx/sp
    Yeah, for sure lots of people do love it but I just happen to prefer those conversations. I love playful banter with my friends and making fun of each other too to but I don't have a lot of casual connections, who I actually talk to, anymore since I cut a lot of unhealthy ties a couple of years ago. I don't initiate many conversations to start with unless I already have some kind of comfortable interaction established. I usually let others take the lead in the beginning and even after knowing them awhile I might feel apprehensive about initiating and often wait for them to come to me when they want to talk. If I ask someone how they are I really would like to know. I don't want to do that just for the sake of opening up communication. Also if I don't feel like hearing the answer to "how are you?" I won't ask.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

There's definitely a certain fetishistic fascination with people connecting their existential angst w/ the average sx/sp and it's really unsettling because nobody does anything similar with other stackings.
    Weren't you retyping into some other stacking recently?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Weren't you retyping into some other stacking recently?
    no? I probably re-humored sp/sx in a fit of boredom but that quickly dissipated

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much a matter of not relating to it as it is being turned off by its presentation. I mean I hate small talk as much as the next sentient being, but if you have to be so forward about your personality like that it ends up feeling suffocating.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small talk is part of feeling each other out to see what common interests we have so we'd know which of those topics are safe to explore and which would make the other person clam up...or turn us off.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Idk, I relate to this pretty strongly myself. It may be related more to Beta or quadras. I can see Delta and Alpha preferring something less heavy, even the sx/sp ones, like Galen.
    I think this image was taken too literal by some. Of course I don't walk up to people and blurt it out on first meeting. lol It might just be a introverted thing too. I am not an antisocial person even though I don't do the whole group. chatbox, skype, etc... very often. When I do and I am into it I tend to dominate conversations with topics I find interesting, which is kind of rude of me (at times) when I think about it and I can alienate those with different interests.

When I do light or heavy conversations, it is usually with those I have already established communication with. I am like this irl. I feel weird when people start conversations with me waiting in line or in a waiting room. I would never start talking to strangers about those things though, unless I wanted them to leave me alone.

I live with a couple beta introverts and we can go days (weeks) without conversations.One of the reasons is that we have really different interests. We get by saying as much needed to let each other know what we are doing or what we want or random quick jokes as we pass in the kitchen. Unless we are watching movies then it gets a bit foolish.

I think @silke posted something at one point on what subjects you might find different stackings talking about? If she still has the link maybe she can post it. I wasn't speaking for everyone.

I should have put a disclaimer on this that it wasn't just sx/sp and sp/sx that do this but I did say anything I post in THIS thread is probably self referential. lol The people who actually liked this on my fb are of those stackings though and my friend who just commented but didn't like it is sx/so and he loves small talk and will have those conversations, sometimes with strangers. Yes, they run away from him too. I have a bit more awareness of when it is appropriate, than he does. He just posted on his FB that he doesn't like the word "appropriate". He says it's just another word for "conforming".

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this image was taken too literal by some.
    Hopefully this isn't referring to Galen and I.
    Accepting something as a possible scenario to imagine isn't taking it literally. Many of those topics, especially the last half, are too personal to really share with a random stranger without some kind of lead up to it. Or rather, without the progressive digging deeper into the psyche.

Whether we like it or not, small talk is the equivalent of two dogs taking the measure of the other to see if it's safe to go in for a mutual butt sniff and maybe some humping. Just because we butt sniff doesn't mean I want to be humped. And if you go in for a butt sniff without taking the other dog's measure you might get snapped at, growled out, or flat out attacked.

And then there is the context of when the topic is brought up. If I'm touring a musem of space artifacts, talking to someone about aliens and faraway galaxies doesn't need much of a lead in because the museum artifacts pretty much provide that already. So, the alien stuff would be considered the small talk that could lead to a deeper discussion about the meaning of life, intelligence, and why we are here.

Edited to add: small talk is a basic bid for a connection. Like a request, "Hey, wanna talk?" To which the other person has the option to refuse or make a bid back.
    "What's up?" can be a bid, it can also be simply acknowledging the other person's existence/presence in passing.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Hopefully this isn't referring to Galen and I.
    Accepting something as a possible scenario to imagine isn't taking it literally. Many of those topics, especially the last half, are too personal to really share with a random stranger without some kind of lead up to it. Or rather, without the progressive digging deeper into the psyche.

Whether we like it or not, small talk is the equivalent of two dogs taking the measure of the other to see if it's safe to go in for a mutual butt sniff and maybe some humping. Just because we butt sniff doesn't mean I want to be humped. And if you go in for a butt sniff without taking the other dog's measure you might get snapped at, growled out, or flat out attacked.

And then there is the context of when the topic is brought up. If I'm touring a musem of space artifacts, talking to someone about aliens and faraway galaxies doesn't need much of a lead in because the museum artifacts pretty much provide that already. So, the alien stuff would be considered the small talk that could lead to a deeper discussion about the meaning of life, intelligence, and why we are here.
    Did you read the rest of my post? I have said a couple of times I do this with people I have established relationships with. I am perfectly capable of small talk but I don't prefer it with strangers. I have interests that I like to talk about and I have people who I am interested in listening to regardless of the topic. The image itself did not completely exclude other topics. It just listed a few. Small talk is a subjective thing to me anyway but I usually have a purpose for starting conversations and tend to stay out of conversations that do not interest me and I am sure you guys do the same.

If you guys don't relate I am not proclaiming you not to be your self types. It was something I related to and not meant to stir controversy.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sx first, like any stacking, connects or doesn't. When an sx first connects, especially with another sx, they will likely bypass the small talk and get to the things listed in the picture quickly. For an introverted sx/sp, small talk with people they do not connect with will be painful (sx/sp extroverts will probably not necessarily get much out of it, but not dislike it quite as much) while speaking to people they connect with does not require much small talk.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you read the rest of my post? I have said a couple of times I do this with people I have established relationships with. I am perfectly capable of small talk but I don't prefer it with strangers. I have interests that I like to talk about and I have people who I am interested in listening to regardless of the topic. The image itself did not completely exclude other topics. It just listed a few. Small talk is a subjective thing to me anyway but I usually have a purpose for starting conversations and tend to stay out of conversations that do not interest me and I am sure you guys do the same.

If you guys don't relate I am not proclaiming you not to be your self types. It was something I related to and not meant to stir controversy.
    Yes, I read the rest of your post.
    "I think this image is taken too literal by some." Could have been referring to this thread, or when you posted it to your fb. Hence my first two sentences.

The rest of my post wasn't about you, nor typings. It was a combination of imagining a scenario in which a stranger just suddenly started talking about such things, and adding some information on small talk itself.

I didn't see any controversy happening. I don't even see an argument happening. Just some people talking about small talk and deeper conversations.

Edited to add: I reread my post a few times and I'm thinking that maybe my general use of "I" and "you" in the dog paragraph might have given the impression that I was attacking you, Aylen. If so, I'm sorry for my poor wording. The two generic situational povs could just as easily be switched.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yes, I read the rest of your post.
    "I think this image is taken too literal by some." Could have been referring to this thread, or when you posted it to your fb. Hence my first two sentences.

The rest of my post wasn't about you, nor typings. It was a combination of imagining a scenario in which a stranger just suddenly started talking about such things, and adding some information on small talk itself.

I didn't see any controversy happening. I don't even see an argument happening. Just some people talking about small talk and deeper conversations.
    I understand but there was a vibe of people getting offended by it and no I was not thinking of you when I said that. It was an ongoing vibe I was getting from this thread.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Edited to add: I reread my post a few times and I'm thinking that maybe my general use of "I" and "you" in the dog paragraph might have given the impression that I was attacking you, Aylen. If so, I'm sorry for my poor wording. The two generic situational povs could just as easily be switched.
    The dog analogy was a bit disconcerting since I never considered it that way before but it's ok.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Sx first, like any stacking, connects or doesn't. When an sx first connects, especially with another sx, they will likely bypass the small talk and get to the things listed in the picture quickly. For an introverted sx/sp, small talk with people they do not connect with will be painful (sx/sp extroverts will probably not necessarily get much out of it, but not dislike it quite as much) while speaking to people they connect with does not require much small talk.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

no? I probably re-humored sp/sx in a fit of boredom but that quickly dissipated
    Crappy excuse.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Little supernovas in my head
    Little soft pulses in my dead
    Little souvenirs and secrets shared
    Little off guard and unprepared

I was never good enough to find
    I was never bad enough to mind
    In the middle I will do my best
    Take me in your arms and leave the rest

I will give you anything to

Say you want to stay, you want me to
    Say you'll never die, you'll always haunt me
    I want to know I belong to you
    Say you'll haunt me

Together, together we'll be together, together forever

Little variations on my page
    Little doors open on my cage
    Little time has come and gone so far
    Little by little who you are

I can see the patterns on your face
    I can see the miracles I trace
    Symmetry in shadows I can't hide
    I JUST WANT TO BE RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE

I will give you everything to

Say you want to stay you want me too
    Say you'll never die, you'll always haunt me
    Say you'll haunt me

I BELONG TO YOU

Little supernovas in my head
    Little soft pulses in my dead
    Little souvenirs and secrets shared
    Little off guard and unprepared\

I will give you anything to
    I will give you everything to

Say you want to stay you want me too
    Say you'll never die you'll always haunt me
    Say you'll haunt me

I BELONG TO YOU

Disclaimer: ...

"Sx/sp Hungry ghost realm: hungry ghosts suffer from extreme hunger and thirst. They wander constantly in search of food and drink, only to be miserably frustrated any time they come close to actually getting what they want..."
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-11-2015 at 03:31 PM.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    I'd also say this is much more Sp/Sx. Should probably be re-posted there instead.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Like a friend

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

"I watched you suffer a dull, aching pain
    And now you decided just to show me the same

No sweeping exit or offstage lines
    Can make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild horses couldn't drag me away
    Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away

Faith has been broken and tears must be cried
    Let's do some living after we die

Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them someday"

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

SX Variants:

SX/SP’s:

This is a very volatile type. They are driven to form connections but have very high demands of their partners. When their powerful fantasies don’t match reality, they become very restless. They take the fire and passion of the sexual instinct and turn it inward. This can cause both brooding and fiery outbursts. Dramatic mood swings are very likely with this type. This subtype of Four could be considered the most classic Four, because of the way they seem to embody the archetype of the tortured artist, although not all Fours of this subtype are artists. Stereotype aside, this subtype does tend to bring their emotions into focus more readily then the other subtypes of Four. What is under the surface with the self-pres/sexual is now bubbling to the surface. This subtype can resemble type Seven because of their drama, passion for experience and tendency to suffer from frustration when life seems dull. Like type Seven, they can seem to throw themselves into experience.

When healthy, this subtype learns to balance the need for passion with the less obvious need for groundedness which can come from solid and focused relationships with others and with their creative outlets.

sx/sp - total inward gives way to total outward in jerky bursts, usually directed at one person in particular, can't focus on the overall group, but may move rapidly from one total focus to the next

The SX/SP pursues bonds with more energy and are more likely to "lose themselves" in the feelings of a relationship. The SP/SX is more likely to maintain themselves independent of the relationship, but yet be dependent upon the other person. The reason for this is that SPs consider their mates as part of themselves, basically.

SX/SP: This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self medicating.

SX/SP variants are more likely to idealize other people outside of the relationship, but are unlikely to ever consider cheating, because of the SP secondary. SP/SX are usually utterly faithful and would not likely even think of cheating as this would amount to "hurting themselves."

Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.

Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer

The SX/SP description seems a little harsh and a bit too "feeling triad" biased, although parts of it are accurate. My experience with them is that their sexuality is only slightly inhibited by having the SP in secondary position. The right person brings them out of their "shell" quite easily.

The SX/SP can seem a little selfish in expecting to have their "needs" met, compared to the SP/SX who usually attempt to meet their own needs first and seem "cold" instead of selfish. As I told Marie in the SP thread, they can be really into someone at first and go pretty cold if they suddenly feel that person isn't right for them. On the bright side, they (SP) tend to be the most emotionally faithful variant and are always there for the people who are close to them in their lives.

“You are right about the SX/SP tendency for having some trouble with relationships. The SP variant tends to just look for someone similar to themselves, and they are usually pretty satisfied when they find that person, although this can take a while. SX/SPs often bond with others that have qualities that they find intriguing at the present that might not bode well for them in the future, and realize later that they neglected their SP secondary and are not getting what they truly want out of the relationship. On the positive, they tend to have a variety of fascinating experiences with others, and they usually have a better sense of how people truly click than the SP does.”

The SX/SP usually wants some kind of ideal qualities in other people and the realities of these other people's flaws is sometimes difficult for the variant to handle. On the other hand, it seems this variant gets "taken advantage" of more than the others due to their strong urge to connect and the fact that they do not usually have an excessive number of outside contacts outside the relationship like the SX/SO does.

“I was involved with an SX/SP 1w2 for four years, two of them married to her. My mother is an SX/SP 2w3 and has had all kinds of problems with her relationships. I know this variant pretty well. I defer to Jase when it comes to describing social variants, as I do not know this variant well at all. My contacts with the social have been fairly limited. I learned a lot being with an SX/SP and trying what I thought was my hardest to be emotionally satisfying only to find out in the end that it wasn't enough and that I was just too SP for her.”

The Ozzy dvd mostly has value as entertainment. If you can see the sx/sp phobic pattern through all the hijinks, it might be worth it to check out from that standpoint as well. Ozzy would seem to present more of a sx/soc counterphobic image, at least in the past, but the series and various interviews seem to indicate otherwise. He's a homebody with wanderlust, and seems pretty oblivious and indifferent to social concerns (he claims to have no friends, and the show doesn't offer any evidence to the contrary). His life is all about the connective charge he gets from performing, and his attachment to home life, and the split this causes in him.

People have pointed out that the sx/sp is Fourish, and maybe it is, since so much is marinating inside. The social in last position can further impede the delivery of the goods which the sx instinct has harvested within, and that could cause the brooding, conflicted, wandering sort of temperament associated with sx/sp on this thread.

I was going to add an observation I've made about SX/SP, but I was too lazy to do it. They seem to either really do the eye contact thing if they are interested in someone or get completely disinterested, you are right. I observe this kind of behavior watching dating shows when the SX/SP females will start out interested in a guy, making great eye contact, and then by the end of the date their eyes are wandering around the room, completely disinterested, if for some reason the man doesn't end up meeting their standards. The male SX/SP might do this too but they are usually horny so they still try to make a play on the woman but you can tell it will only be a one-night stand by his behavior.

Basically, I think you are right in generalizing SX/SP to yourself in that they *can* make great eye contact if they are actually emotionally interested

A friend of mine gave a good description of the sx/sp energy, as opposed to the sx/so. Both sexual types have a large energy, and tend to be pretty....er....obtrusive in a social setting. The difference is that sx/so's have a smooth energy that flows outwards, while sx/sp's energy goes in bursts. He pointed out that I'll sit there comparatively quietly until something in the conversation catches my attention, then I'll burst in and take over. Sx/so's don't do this, they tend to hold court on a more consistent basis, and be more polite and socially-oriented in their interaction as well. In general, sx/sp's are more in their heads, thinking....and will sit just thinking about the conversation, then suddenly feel a big burst of sharing come on, and burst in, sometimes at the wrong point, because they're not as attuned to the social dynamic. This is something I don't like about myself, one of my biggest faults that's been brought up by numerous people through the years. It's like I can't always get a feel for where to interject my thoughts in a group conversation, so I wind up blurting, and talking over people from all directions, even when I'm trying to gauge it. Sx/so's are very socially attuned and much smoother, regardless of e-type, than sx/sp's, who are just freakin jerky, no matter how they try. Unlike the sx/so's smooth outward flow (sometimes likened to a generator), sx/sp energy moves in/out/in/out in unpredictable bursts (sometimes likened to lightening). That's one reason sx/sp's[blocked due to guideline #4 violation]people off more.

However, I don't really see this dynamic in sp/sx's. Self pres/sexual's are less forceful in their interjections, and usually more contemplative. They think more thoroughly about what they want to say and how they want to say it before speaking than sx/sp's who, like I said, are very blurtatious. And alot of times, sp/sx's will have all kinds of interesting thoughts on things that they don't even express until someone draws it out of them. This isn't always so, they sometimes express alot, but they're (SP’s) not as aggressive about expressing their thoughts, for the most part. I've noticed that they (SP’s) can be happy just thinking to themselves without sharing, whereas I feel absolutely compelled to share, for better or worse. Sp/sx's are much more measured.

When sx/sp's are in withdrawal mode, they're basically tuned out. This is why they can appear more like a self pres type, but if you look closely, sp/sx's tend to be more tuned in and focused and present than a withdrawing sx/sp, who is trying to shut off the stimulation. If you look at them closely at such times, they'll appear to be elsewhere mentally. If you try talking to them, they'll display a reluctance to be drawn in. However, if something really catches their interest, they'll change dramatically and become like a regular sx/sp, all bursty and jerky and excited. Self pres/sexuals get excited too, when talking about ideas that interest them, very much so, but they don't do the jerky thing. It's more consistent, though not in the socially-conscious way of the sx/so. A sp/sx will obviously be drawing things out of their mind and probing for the proper words to express it, where a sx/sp will be more like *total focus inward. total focus outward in a burst. total focus inward....* Does that make sense?

sx/sp 4w3 is less pretentious than the sp/sx 4w3, less outlandish than the sx/so 4w3, less Sevenish than the so/sx 4w3, less intellectual than the soc/sp 4w3, and less Onelike than the sp/so 4w3. I think we have some sx/sp 4w3's around here somewhere. White Raven comes to mind, and I'm sure there have been a few others drifting through over the years. Salieri was most likely a sx/sp 4w3.

http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...neagram/180432

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

"I stood on mountaintops
    That overlooked the world
    I can't find anything
    Except a void inside
    I went to places where
    I could forget your name
    I can't find anything
    Except a void inside

I don't have anything
    Because I don't have you
    I don't have anything

What can I buy to make
    The sky turn blue again
    Where can I go to feel
    Like I'm alive again
    Show me the places
    Where I can forget your name
    I can't find anything
    Except a void inside

I don't have anything
    Because I don't have you
    I don't have anything

I've been stripped of everything
    Except some flesh that bleeds
    And I've been robbed of everything
    Except a soul, except a soul
    That needs:you, sweet you

I don't have anything
    Because I don't have you
    I don't have anything"

YWIMW

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not so much a matter of not relating to it as it is being turned off by its presentation. I mean I hate small talk as much as the next sentient being, but if you have to be so forward about your personality like that it ends up feeling suffocating.
    i was thinking about this - isn't the "suffocating" feeling typically how sx-lasts might react to sx types? how does an sx-first feel "suffocated" like this?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking about this - isn't the "suffocating" feeling typically how sx-lasts might react to sx types? how does an sx-first feel "suffocated" like this?
    It depends on who it's coming from. If I'm repelled by someone, I'm not just gonna be okay with them exposing their deepest secrets to me. People have boundaries, etc. I can't imagine most people would be okay with that.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I had run across this today and so your post was timely in that I was wondering about this in general and not in relation to Galen.

Often a negative reaction develops in response to seeing your last instinct operate in others. For example, sp-last people might get impatient with those who devote a lot of time and effort into making themselves well fed and comfortable - fiddling with the room temperature, checking seat cushions, arranging their bottled water, etc.

Sp-last people can grow bored if they find themselves trapped in a conversation about food, home decorations or furniture, local deals, home prices, salaries.

Sx-last people might feel uneasy when they see people openly demonstrating their sexuality, gender orientation or sexual preferences, engaging in PDA, discussing private feelings and experiences, etc.

Soc-last people might get impatient with 'shallow' socialite “chit-chat”, get frustrated when required to network, and wonder how others can keep up with so many acquaintances. On the other hand, one takes the dominant instinct as a given. One may believe that everyone should be this way and become surprised that everyone else isn't.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...ml#post2985444
    Edit: I didn't delete the image that sparked all this so I guess the site did.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Wrap me in a bolt of lightning
    Send me on my way still smiling
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Straight into the mouth of the unknown
    I left the spare key on the table
    Never really thought I'd be able to say
    I merely visit on the weekends
    I lost my whole life and a dear friend

I've said it so many times
    I would change my ways
    No, nevermind
    God knows I've tried

Call me a sinner, call me a saint
    Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same
    Call me your favorite, call me the worst
    Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt
    It's all that I can say. So, I'll be on my way

I finally put it all together,
    But nothing really lasts forever
    I had to make a choice that was not mine,
    I had to say goodbye for the last time
    I kept my whole life in suitcase,
    Never really stayed in one place
    Maybe that's the way it should be,
    You know I live my life like a gypsy

I've said it so many times
    I would change my ways
    No, nevermind
    God knows I've tried

Call me a sinner, call me a saint
    Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same
    Call me your favorite, call me the worst
    Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt
    It's all that I can say. So, I'll be on my way

I'll always keep you inside, you healed my
    Heart and my life... And you know I try.

YWIMW

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast