Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post

Feel free to disagree; Fe tries to make people feel comfortable and tries to get them to open up, and would rather spare someone's feelings than tell them a hurtful truth that might spare future embarrassment. Te is nothing of the sort, and will not only be brutally honest to spare you from continued embarrassment but is also notorious for sarcastic and/or cheeky comments.

One of the first things Persephone said to me is that I'm a serious boring type. That is the cheekiness I've come to associate with Te.
You're kinda wrong. Fe aims at "moving" emotional reality, just like Te deals with setting facts (objective, quantifiable reality) in motion towards a goal. Your opinion of Fe is simplifying and slightly idealistic, so to speak. Fe can intend to direct (manage) stuff like anger/shame and thus end up stirring ppl's feelings, not sparing them. However Fe leaves an impression of dealing with surfaces (way too movable, almost kaleidoscopic surfaces) ..to me it seems Fe folks often disregard what someone is really feeling or how they relate to smth. for the sake of what affects/emotions they think they should "attach" to people.