Thread: INTp Jobs/Careers/Occupations: What do fellow ILIs do for a living?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    On a different note, are there not many Gammas on this site? Not sure yet (new) but it seemed like a thing.
    Not a ton compared to Beta or Alpha and most of the ones that are on here aren't especially active.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I read @Expat's thing on hidden agenda (whoa, interesting!)... do you think ILIs are closet idealists? Not, like, impractical dreamers or anything, but like, Fi-flavor idealists?[
    Yes and Yes. I think the types of idealists ILIs represent are usually different from the ones alphas and betas represent. Though I don't think that excludes ILIs from being ideological due to Demonstrative Ti and Mobilizing Fi. So I think you are on the right track by calling them Fi flavored idealists.

I was wondering, too, because I read a fairly well-developed argument on a different site for the character, Jay Gatsby, being ILI. Thoughts? <--Sorry, this is sorta off-topic... but it could potentially influence ILI career decisions... like, if Ni+Fi were to "loop," as they say, I could see it leading to very high standards (with regards to future investments as well as ethical considerations)
    That's really interesting. Could you show me where you found that argument? I've never really thought about him being ILI but I could actually see it. While I wasn't a fan of The Great Gatsby I've felt like I could relate to Gatsby. Also i agree with you on the Ni+Fi loop.
    Last edited by Contra; 08-18-2014 at 01:25 AM.