Thread: Post the weirdest music you listen to

Hybrid View

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of weird, I think honourable mention needs to go to Bjork. She has been making weird music and dominated the scene of "different" for more then two decades. These are some of her hits that I have listened two. For alternate synths and offbeat music videos, Bjork has been pushing the envelope in music for a long time as so I think she fits in nicely with the thread's theme.

All is full of love. Amen

She even did a song wth Tanya several years ago. This one is weird.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie Havens first came on the scene at Woodstock in the 1970s. He is a guitarist who plays both originals and covers. It's his covers that blow my fucking mind and in many instances are better then the originals. He is not overly well known, but his sound and his personality could be argued were the singular voice of the Freedom movement.

His deep, raspy voice and energetic guitar arrangements give his music a life of its own. I guess this could be considered weird, I don't fucking care I love it. Here is a reimagined Beetles song Here Comes the Sun.

I know where this song is at. Its all mixed together, that fire and rain. Its just a really beautiful guitar piece and Richie just has this light about him.I am not a religious man, but I know when he is talking about when he says "I knew I would see you again." That's that coming home shit.

Richie died a couple years ago. I remember hearing the news on the radio. "You can't turn back the hands of time" Rest in peace in brah.