Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ASMR = Si?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    I don't know, my LIE friend has always been into ASMR, but I, an EII, never understood its phenomena. If I were to have anything to do with it, I'd be a creator of such content, I guess.
    Probably all the ones which do asmr clips perviously looked that and liked. They do it for fan, mostly.

You need to tune to get the effect. Sometimes same works worse. Different people prefer different stimuls. Check different variants. One of the principles can to be sensory overload which creates trance state. You may try trance techniques, like a meditation or other - this may change your reactions on asmr later.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't really see how this is uncomfortable for most people, but then again I never question anything if it makes me feel good. I just like the sensation so I like it, I don't overthink it.

You are supposed to find it boring and weird though if you feel nothing. It's not something you are supposed to enjoy with the 5 senses, its something to enjoy from the subjective sensation it gives some people, and it is a very defineable sensation.

It's like if you were to say"I don't like the taste of vodka but I've never been drunk before" well no one is supposed to enjoy it...or I guess until you get used to it

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ASMR creeps me out. I feel like I've been kidnapped.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't seem anymore Si than music is Si.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    ASMR creeps me out, too. I can't watch it without being weirded out.
    Relax and concentrate on the voice, imagine you as a child with a father near you who reads a tale for your sleeping, allow the sound to calm you, imagine yourself in a pleasant place which the voice describes.
    The task is to switch from the problems and worries on that stuff, to allow you to have a rest.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like soft sounding cooking shows like this one:

My life is one big hectic mess of always rushing and overthinking so watching/listening to these vids actually helps me relax (if only even for a few min)

I can only do cooking shows tho. don’t rlly care for any other “ASMR” lol

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have discovered that it does nothing for me.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Based on 16personalities.com results for 77 Youtube ASMR artists who gave a fairly unambiguous result (who didn't say that they often typed differently in the past), 26% were INFP, 19% were INFJ, 14% were ENFP, 8% were ISFP, 6% were ENFJ, 6% were INTJ, 5% were INTP, 4% were ESFJ, 3% were ENTJ, 3% were ISFJ, 3% were ISTP, 1% were ENTP, 1% were ESFP.

66% were NF club, 16% were NT club, 8% were SF club, 0% were ST club. 70% were introverts, 30% extroverts.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1583854

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's related to sensing stimuli and probably the most interesting for suggestive Se types which is why sol watches that shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one for @Sol to type.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 4 year old likes ASMR and will fall asleep to it, so now I’ve watched a few people and am no longer as weirded out by it. But this is really the only one I like https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCmZb4LwQRhEzZX5Uqpcqziw so far
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t feel anything

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Here's one for Sol to type.
    mostly associates with P
    seems sensory awkward, good in emotionality
    mb INFP

Also. There she mentions a psychotherapy. This may mean higher behavior distortions from: 1) symptoms, 2) psychoactive meds, 2) psyche therapy methods. Changes from type's common can be in different and in differing degree.

Her panic attacks would become lesser if she'd added everyday physical load (2h working as easy example). Some monthes mb enough to remove that, without special therapy. We get emotional stress, in some time of the life - much of it. Adrenalin arises and without physical load it's not processed correctly, - develops abnormal regulation of it's quantity or perception. N types who have lesser interest to physical work should get alike more often. FN the most, as they react more emotionally and hence get more expressed fluctuations in adrenalin levels, their regulation mechanism gets higher pressing.
    People of today industrial societies live in conditions differing from what were at their ancestors, to what was developed genetical adoption. Something have become better, but something worse. Among what gets problems is psyche work, including hormones processes. We today have lesser friendly communications, deal with more of new people, have lesser of physical activity, get new chronic infections which may influence on psyche and other, have other meal than in past, have toxins in food, meds, drugs and environment which influence on psyche too (check recent problem with plumbum). It influences on kids during developing of their brain and bodies, on people during the life. Then appear some disorders massively and subclinical forms. Brain is most complex organ, it gets noticable problems easier than other.
    Last edited by Sol; 11-15-2023 at 04:31 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    ASMR - an Si phenomena?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=asmr

EDIT: example -
    I'm Si dom and find ASMR annoying af.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Here's one for @Sol to type.

This reminds me of stuff I would do as a kid. Just randomly touch and move things and listen to them. This asmr is like rudimentary lesson in sense perception. Not the ONLY kind that can be done, but you get what I mean.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    mostly associates with P
    seems sensory awkward, good in emotionality
    mb INFP

Also. There she mentions a psychotherapy. This may mean higher behavior distortions from: 1) symptoms, 2) psychoactive meds, 2) psyche therapy methods. Changes from type's common can be in different and in differing degree.

Her panic attacks would become lesser if she'd added everyday physical load (2h working as easy example). Some monthes mb enough to remove that, without special therapy. We get emotional stress, in some time of the life - much of it. Adrenalin arises and without physical load it's not processed correctly, - develops abnormal regulation of it's quantity or perception. N types who have lesser interest to physical work should get alike more often. FN the most, as they react more emotionally and hence get more expressed fluctuations in adrenalin levels, their regulation mechanism gets higher pressing.
    People of today industrial societies live in conditions differing from what were at their ancestors, to what was developed genetical adoption. Something have become better, but something worse. Among what gets problems is psyche work, including hormones processes. We today have lesser friendly communications, deal with more of new people, have lesser of physical activity, get new chronic infections which may influence on psyche and other, have other meal than in past, have toxins in food, meds, drugs and environment which influence on psyche too (check recent problem with plumbum). It influences on kids during developing of their brain and bodies, on people during the life. Then appear some disorders massively and subclinical forms. Brain is most complex organ, it gets noticable problems easier than other.
    this is constructive in a general sense.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    find ASMR annoying af.
    Yeah same.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
    it's related to sensing stimuli and probably the most interesting for suggestive Se types which is why sol watches that shit all the time.
    How so?

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si isn't anywhere, but in yourself. Don't look for it in the distance. Look inside of yourself. Anything can be translated into Si terms if you fix yourself somewhere in time and space. If you wanna know what Si vibe feels like, read the little prince. Better yet, listen to it in asmr version.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch ASMR videos, I find them somewhat between boring to annoying.
    Whispered voices have no relaxing effect to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123