Thread: Subtype origin

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype origin

I was doing some intense introspection today and thought about all the people I know of various types and came to the conclusion that subtype is a result of having an ability bottled up. An intj-t subtype for example might have their spontanious realization unappreciated or supressed causing them to report only their logical judgements and keeping their intuitive sparks hidden. An intj-n subtype however would avoid talking about the logical work he did to get to his conclusion but would talk about his/her visions freely whenever they pop up. There are certain payments that each function needs to feed on in order to keep functioning,the type of payment varies for each type. The dual has an excess of a certain type of emotional payment, that isn't useful to them, but is useful to their dual. When you emotionally get too much of something and it throws you off ballance, you can always exchange emotions with others to get back to the middle, but since our brains are matured and have low entropy within them relating to our functions, we will begin to become the type we were again by restarting the same viscious cycles that once were present. I think two creative subtype duals would be able to make each other less creative and more base, while base subtype duals would push each other to become more creative, by feeding each other appreciation.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. I've wondered if I'm an f subtype because of my family growing up. My mom's suggestive function is , and my brother is and my sister is . My dad is , which is still F.

Maybe it was a reaction to having so much of that in my family? It seems like I could have wanted the best way to relate to people in my family and if did it then that's what I might have gone with.

But of course there's and in my family too. So like I said, I don't know.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that idea kind of falls apart when I think about my husband's family growing up. LOL

He's and a t subtype. But his mom is and his dad is - with a PoLR. His older sister is

No family-related reason why he'd be a t subtype.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about that either. My family was Alpha. The source of all bad interactions between me and my parents can be boiled down to my over preference. In as far as this affected my subtype, it made me more insecure about my role function and focus even more on (even if at the same time keeping more quiet about it).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your PoLR?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps a Freudian slip?

Corrected to role function. Thanks.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!