Thread: Fat Gem Goes To The Gym

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Gem, sending you encouraging waves.
    Are you small or big boned? Which kind of regime did you start?
    In my experience, it's 60% in food, 40% in work out.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Gem, sending you encouraging waves.
    Are you small or big boned? Which kind of regime did you start?
    In my experience, it's 60% in food, 40% in work out.

I think my old personal trainer suggested it was close to that 70% food and 30% exercise but since food hasn't been such a problem for me I think my system just got sort of stuck after having a crazy thyroid having first weight loss then a fast gain. So the exercise is the part I am more so focussing on. Example of a daily diet sample yesterday was a tofu health snack x3 (zero unhealthy fat v low carbs and high protein) plus a nectarine several portions of nuts, seeds and dried dates (high in healthy fats and protein) plus one slice of toast pomegranate juice and two fresh coffee's, also a pro tine ball (high pro tine with nuts). I mean really thats not a diet to worry about.

I do vary it of course and I usually have more veg and high fibre things like vegetable bake topped with bran.Fat free greek yoghurt with fresh berries and honey and pecans and etc.

Actually this is a good point...maybe i should keep a food diary here so i know what i am eating exactly every day.

So far today it has just been a coffee but I will have some elderflower water and nut & seed mix soon and maybe a small slice of toast with dairy free spread with sliced tomatoes and basil, yeah that sounds good.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boudica View Post
    I think my old personal trainer suggested it was close to that 70% food and 30% exercise but since food hasn't been such a problem for me I think my system just got sort of stuck after having a crazy thyroid having first weight loss then a fast gain. So the exercise is the part I am more so focussing on. Example of a daily diet sample yesterday was a tofu health snack x3 (zero unhealthy fat v low carbs and high protein) plus a nectarine several portions of nuts, seeds and dried dates (high in healthy fats and protein) plus one slice of toast pomegranate juice and two fresh coffee's, also a pro tine ball (high pro tine with nuts). I mean really thats not a diet to worry about.

I do vary it of course and I usually have more veg and high fibre things like vegetable bake topped with bran.Fat free greek yoghurt with fresh berries and honey and pecans and etc.

Actually this is a good point...maybe i should keep a food diary here so i know what i am eating exactly every day.

So far today it has just been a coffee but I will have some elderflower water and nut & seed mix soon and maybe a small slice of toast with dairy free spread with sliced tomatoes and basil, yeah that sounds good.
    So what is your routine now and how are you going? Any progress?

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    So what is your routine now and how are you going? Any progress?

Hi yes sticking to it hard and fast but had some difficulty with the pt sessions getting mixed up etc. Basically the first pt trainer I had went on holiday and didn't enter my plan onto the system for me so i had to add lib and then another session got mixed up and now finally I have a plan and should have a key ... but anyway I have been going three times per week and working out pretty hard and having a sauna after. I think the last trainer I saw thought I was doing a bit much to start with but my body wanted to so eh.

The diet is still very good, I do find it hard to keep records of things but for example today probably the worst part of my diet was an egg & cress sandwich on granary and a small size packet of kettle chip crisps. Even with those items it's still very low on unhealthy fats and not too high on carbs with plenty of protein. I also had fat free yoghurt with nuts and dried dates, melon & pineapple an maybe i will have some spinach and rice cakes later. The diet has stayed super healthy, i had some carob yesterday i think (I love carob!) and I have been eating a lot of quern and tofu which is high in protein and healthy fat and low in carbs.

So yeah I'm pushing through it all, it dosnt actually seem difficult to me. The last personal trainer gave me some stomach exercises to do and one of those was really tough, i think my abs went to sleep ages ago and are still trying to wake up. All the rest of them seemed like we just had to keep added stuff to them either weight or time in reps etc. So I had cardio and three circuits. One circuit (x2) of three upper body exercises, one (x2) of legs and the same of stomach and core exercises. I will up the anti myself though i think.

No real difference as yet, nothing that hasn't swayed before I think the scales said 69.3 a few days ago. I do feel a lot healthier though and i feel pro active and motivated which is really good as i was missing that. Also my tummy seemed to go briefly flatter haha must have been those ab exercises.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim