Thread: Do you relate more to your Kindred, or Look-Alike?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not the biggest fan of ILE. Whenever I'm around them I feel like I have to compete with them, like I need to be funnier, wittier, and smarter. I don't care much for their enthusiasm, either. It's like they expect me to either laugh or go "ooh" and "ahh" at everything they say. One ILE I know constantly makes obscure references to random TV shows, and it makes me feel lost. Despite their seemingly good nature, ILE can sometimes be an insensitive asshole, and I don't like that.
    These relations are characterized by commonalities in world view, since kindred partners have same leading function, however their implementing functions are antagonistic to each other. Thus, even though they feel some measure of likeness, they do not understand each other's actions and may perceive them as egoistical. In addition, there can be competition in the areas of leading function. Kindred partners usually acknowledge each other and treat each other by accepted norms conduct, but they are unlikely to show real interest in each other's problems. The interest of a kindred partner in yourself seems superficial. Thus, these relations are not distinguished by interpersonal warmth.

I'm kind of indifferent toward SEE. I often find women of this variety to be physically attractive, but their personality is boring as hell and kind of simple. One time an SEE expressed to me his belief in aliens and UFO encounters, and I immediately became skeptical. Often times SEE and I will discuss how we feel about certain things -- how much we hate that, and how much we love this. Relationships and people are also common topics of conversation.
    Business partners have the same functions of implementation, so their methods are alike. Communication in a business pair is always lively and long-winded. It has undoubted benefit: partners help each other develop their role-function, orient each other at solving problems, such that their contact resembles business discussion and cooperation. In dealing with your business partner, avoid exerting pressure on each other with your leading functions or communication will turn into an unpleasant verbal match.
    Theoretically speaking, I think look-alike relations are more comfortable than kindred relations, since the PoLR function is more sensitive than the Role. If an SEE were to say something to me like, "that shirt is a really ugly color", I'd just be like, "whatever, bitch, I've got more important things to worry about than the color of my shirt". But if an ILE were to say something to me like, "your idea is really stupid and illogical", I'd probably feel a little pissed off and hurt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look alike
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    Theoretically speaking, I think look-alike relations are more comfortable than kindred relations, since the PoLR function is more sensitive than the Role. If an SEE were to say something to me like, "that shirt is a really ugly color", I'd just be like, "whatever, bitch, I've got more important things to worry about than the color of my shirt". But if an ILE were to say something to me like, "your idea is really stupid and illogical", I'd probably feel a little pissed off and hurt.
    I'm kind of indifferent toward SEE. I often find women of this variety to be physically attractive, but their personality is boring as hell and kind of simple. One time an SEE expressed to me his belief in aliens and UFO encounters, and I immediately became skeptical.
    Your scientistic dismissal is unfounded on any kind of commitment to knowledge and understanding, and purely the result of your weak mind having been programmed with clarity in a world defined by confusion and dissent.

*retypes ILE*

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    Your scientistic dismissal is unfounded on any kind of commitment to knowledge and understanding, and purely the result of your weak mind having been programmed with clarity in a world defined by confusion and dissent.
    *feels a little pissed off and hurt*

How is my answer any more anecdotal than anyone else's? How is using Model A "scientistic"? What the hell is your problem? Is it the attached thumbnail?

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    *retypes ILE*
    Do you mean this, or is this just a poorly-executed joke?

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*feels a little pissed off and hurt*

How is my answer any more anecdotal than anyone else's? How is using Model A "scientistic"? What the hell is your problem? Is it the attached thumbnail?

Do you mean this, or is this just a poorly-executed joke?
    im like 95% sure hes joking its more a shot at ILE's then anything if you think about

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of ILE. Whenever I'm around them I feel like I have to compete with them, like I need to be funnier, wittier, and smarter. I don't care much for their enthusiasm, either. It's like they expect me to either laugh or go "ooh" and "ahh" at everything they say. One ILE I know constantly makes obscure references to random TV shows, and it makes me feel lost. Despite their seemingly good nature, ILE can sometimes be an insensitive asshole, and I don't like that.

I'm kind of indifferent toward SEE. I often find women of this variety to be physically attractive, but their personality is boring as hell and kind of simple. One time an SEE expressed to me his belief in aliens and UFO encounters, and I immediately became skeptical. Often times SEE and I will discuss how we feel about certain things -- how much we hate that, and how much we love this. Relationships and people are also common topics of conversation.

An interesting difference from what I posted on these types, yet I think you have the same kind of response to ILE and SEE as I do. IOW, tome it seems a very IEE response. I relate to what you said.

The ILE I mentioned I have some theological differences with and he has brought up his view I do not agree with, and also he questioned the practice of a Naturapath I use. I know he has an extremely broad knowledge, so what he says is generally useful. However, he has no clue how deeply I know these two subjects and all the related arguments so i just leave it. If I thought he truly wanted to pursue more knowledge on the topics I would engage him in discussion on them. However I perceive he just wants to share what he thinks, so I leave it. I just don't expect a complete meeting of the minds with him, that's all.

Same could be said of my SEEs, and also like you, at times my response to them is a judgement that they are shallow. But I try to reverse that judgement, and just say we have different priorities. I mean, who says shirt-color is a more important thought than one of my insights? To them my insight might be pedantic and not of much use; not like the practical decision of a just-right color. Also, if they focus on the "shallow"things, it just might be that doing that helps them relax and focus and be their best person, maybe. And that is important. In fact, it might be really psychologically smart for them to choose to do that given whatever their circumstances are, as well as their type.

P.S. Re: Your SEE/alien-encounter comment: Yes, crazy theories and SEEs I have experienced too. However personally I do not rule out the possibility of alien encounters. Though, if they are real, there are probably more fakes around than reals. I don't know. But one SEE I know is a devout Mormon/ Joseph Smith believer, and I think that's even crazier than sex with aliens! Another is a big believer in the Rapture (Tim LaHaye! Left Behind!), and I am not. It is not logical, its bad theology, and its just wrong. (However, I do understand why intelligent and faithful people mistakenly believe in it)...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 07-06-2014 at 06:45 PM.