Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious as to what type you think I am. Questionnaire and a lot of photos for VI.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Hold up, I did NOT type myself based off of that one test,
    I was just responding to that one test, not to your typing as a whole. But yeah, you all mentioned those other tests given by other people. All this talk of testing makes me think Te and/or Process and not Ti and/or Result

Since it's in their SuperId, they know they're not talented in it and typically leave it to others to take care of it.
    Well, to me, it's more like duals possess a tinge of the other's qualities. I was once talking to an SLE friend who said after I failed at something that "Everything happens for a reason" as though he was channeling his inner Ni mystic. Or how my Delta NF ex loved to fix cars, like she was some kind of ST or something.

I do admit though that knowing about Socionics did sort of have influences with my answers (but how much really? If I did a questionnaire and I was still typed by half the people as "Delta" or "INFj", I must have done a bad job trying to get people to tell me what type I wanted to hear, right?)
    As I said, I think this was only going on in part of the questionnaire.

Passive-Aggressive? Lol! I thought we've reconciled? But seriously, you've misinterpreted a lot of my motives!

Is that partially why you lashed out on me earlier? You've suggested that I'm downplaying your knowledge and being insincere. I do acknowledge you as someone who knows a lot about Socionics but that doesn't mean I'll agree with your reasoning or see what you see. A lot of it is pretty black-and-white. Not incorrect but rigid. Like with the One Piece and DBZ comparison. What you said wasn't wrong but I am not wrong in my own interpretation of it either. You put more weight into the format of the series and concluded that certain quadras wouldn't have interest in it based off of their own agendas not being fulfilled. My basis for the quadra was on the story, its vibe, the content, etc. One Piece is about evolving relationships of the characters over time, to you? The story is focused on the whole crew, each of them may have different dreams but all of the dreams are big and they travel around the world, challenging the world government, so they can achieve them and they support their captain's dream, over all. And there isn't really much character development...

Most importantly, I wasn't being passive aggressive (at least what I consider passive-aggressive) and swear on everything in the world and outside of it that I didn't think anything close to what you suggested! It may be the lack of tone and shit that results in responding through text that made it harder to tell? After you lashed out, I thought about what I may have done to get that sort of response since it seemed out of nowhere. Perhaps you really thought I was delusional and was fed up with my bullshit? Then I sincerely realized that, basically, people who make questionnaires are often new to the theory so, when given an opinion on their type, they probably thank the person or at least don't respond by deconstructing everything the person said and arguing with them. I realized that you may have considered it disrespectful since you were only trying to help a brotha out. It wasn't because I thought what you said was bullshit. Actually, I'm a bit more open to the possibility of not being IEI than I was before the questionnaire (and I was really sure then) and your responses had a strong hand in that.
    Hey man, if you aren't mad, we're cool on my side. I can be somewhat conspiratorial and read into things when nothing's there. And if you are at the very least considering other types beside IEI, then I think this discussion has been fruitful.

Perhaps you noticed the same things about ESEs, your conflictor? How much different are they from LSEs in this behavior? While they are dominated by different functions, they're both still Ejs with Si/Ne. I find my ESE does too much and is stuck in a perpetual cycle.
    Tbh I don't hang out with a lot of confirmed LSEs in real life. What I know is mostly from when they were in positions of authority over me. It's similar to ESEs, but instead of making sure everyone's happy, it's making sure everyone is following the statues and limitations, usually using their demonstrative Se in a way that is somewhat terrifying . That thing about the perpetual cycle is the first thing that's given me a Ni vibe about you, but a rather large one at that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Whoobie77 and @Ollyx2OxenFree
    I just kind of skimmed over the thread and I might be beating a dead horse here if I missed something that resolved this issue already,
    but I saw Whoobie say smt about how your questionnaire seems like you're saying stuff according to the theory in your answers and not
    just answering honestly Olly. I just wanted to say I noticed that too. I noticed it on the question about what do you want someone to help you with
    that you're not already good at or something, and the answer seems like it's straight up paraphrased info of IEI's suggestive function at this link:
    http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/ (and maybe wikisocion or smt, I just know it sounds exactly like what IEI suggestive function says - too much so)

I think at this point Olly, with you knowing a lot about socionics, questionnaires won't help you. You gotta be honest with yourself and go
    "okay what's my strongest function? The state that I'm always in?" and then that will leave you only two options for your creative function and there ya go! =]

You just gotta be honest about it with yourself. Are you more intuitive or are you more feelings based? When you have an answer for that go
    "is it an extroverted or introverted version of the function?" You probably already know enough about socionics to understand the differences,
    and if not there's lots of in depth explanations to decipher it. I think, personally, the base function is the easiest for you to figure out, because you're in the state of that function more often than not, and then, like I said, it only leaves two options for the second...

If you already know, and are confident about your type though, and just did this out of curiosity, then pardon my beating of the dead horse lol
    Last edited by Ron Mexican; 06-28-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    He knows you better than we do. I'd be inclined to believe him.
    Yeah, I'd think so, too. That dude knew me for a few years. My best friend also said Beta. Two others dudes only knew me for a few months and I recently met them and they also thought Beta (although one almost wanted to switch to Gamma). Still interesting to hear from those who are into the theory, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    @Whoobie77 and @Ollyx2OxenFree
    I just kind of skimmed over the thread and I might be beating a dead horse here if I missed something that resolved this issue already,
    but I saw Whoobie say smt about how your questionnaire seems like you're saying stuff according to the theory in your answers and not
    just answering honestly Olly. I just wanted to say I noticed that too. I noticed it on the question about what do you want someone to help you with
    that you're not already good at or something, and the answer seems like it's straight up paraphrased info of IEI's suggestive function at this link:
    http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/ (and maybe wikisocion or smt, I just know it sounds exactly like what IEI suggestive function says - too much so)

I think at this point Olly, with you knowing a lot about socionics, questionnaires won't help you. You gotta be honest with yourself and go
    "okay what's my strongest function? The state that I'm always in?" and then that will leave you only two options for your creative function and there ya go! =]

You just gotta be honest about it with yourself. Are you more intuitive or are you more feelings based? When you have an answer for that go
    "is it an extroverted or introverted version of the function?" You probably already know enough about socionics to understand the differences,
    and if not there's lots of in depth explanations to decipher it. I think, personally, the base function is the easiest for you to figure out, because you're in the state of that function more often than not, and then, like I said, it only leaves two options for the second...

If you already know, and are confident about your type though, and just did this out of curiosity, then pardon my beating of the dead horse lol
    Thanks for the response. While I did become a bit less confident after the responses on the questionnaire, the confidence did come back, lol. This was mainly to see how others would view me though.

While knowing about socionics, enneagram, etc, does influence my answers (by giving words or structure to what I find in myself), what I mention is typically what I believe. I don't copy and paste from descriptions to get the type I want but I guess the awareness while answering does mess up the questionnaire, lol. As for the question you were referring to about what I need help with, I answered somewhat similarly with my first questionnaire last year before I really knew much about socionics, too. The answer also included motivation as I know I've been lacking in that department for a while now, lol.

Self-knowledge is somewhat important to me and actually, I guess that has effected this questionnaire in a way, too. Some of my answers were influenced by what people who know me have said about me. While I was aware that people attribute morality to Fi while I did this questionnaire, one of the few traits an SX 4 friend I have on the internet said I had included good morals when I asked her how she'd describe me. A year or so earlier she also mentioned that I was a good conversationalist and, oddly enough, it was apparently because I wasn't so biased or something along those lines (she said it was easy for her to use people's biases and such to form relationships). The friend who said I was "definitely Beta" described me as eccentric and inquisitive at one point, too.

I'll probably just do a video real soon like you and post it here and/or make a new thread with it. It'll probably be an interaction video though (or at least me talking to some friends on skype while I record) since it'll probably be more natural and make it easier for people to find my quadra, reinin or whatever.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 06-29-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'd think so, too. That dude knew me for a few years. My best friend also said Beta. Two others dudes only knew me for a few months and I recently met them and they also thought Beta (although one almost wanted to switch to Gamma). Still interesting to hear from those who are into the theory, you know?
    Yeah. I can relate.
    The problem sometimes when we're typing is we get hung up on our dogmas about what fits certain types. I like the little anomalies in personality that don't, at first sight, seem to fit, but can be explained by other means. These anomalies can even help us understand the theory better.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    I was just responding to that one test, not to your typing as a whole. But yeah, you all mentioned those other tests given by other people. All this talk of testing makes me think Te and/or Process and not Ti and/or Result
    Hmmm, just briefly looking at that dichotomy, I can barely relate to process though.

One thing that I didn't like about MBTI was that there was so much out there but it still felt like you couldn't really know for sure what type you were. I dunno if it was just the dichotomous stereotypes people were focused on but learning about Socionics was a lot better. Understanding the model A, quadras, temperaments, reinin, etc, were all pretty useful for me and made me confident in my type. Socionics seemed to have better guidelines.

Well, to me, it's more like duals possess a tinge of the other's qualities. I was once talking to an SLE friend who said after I failed at something that "Everything happens for a reason" as though he was channeling his inner Ni mystic. Or how my Delta NF ex loved to fix cars, like she was some kind of ST or something.
    Yeah? That does make some sense.
    As I said, I think this was only going on in part of the questionnaire.
    Dude, even in some responses but still, I wasn't faking the funk. I've had no life for a bit ever since getting into typology so I do put a lot of time into understanding it and how it applies to myself. It's given me more self-awareness. Lol, most of my learning of it was during my NEET period and I was obsessed.

Hey man, if you aren't mad, we're cool on my side. I can be somewhat conspiratorial and read into things when nothing's there. And if you are at the very least considering other types beside IEI, then I think this discussion has been fruitful.
    We're cool then. Yeah, to be honest, besides somewhat considering not being IEI due to our conversation, I also learned a lot more, in a way. Not necessarily from your information but through the debate/discussion since I had to come up with responses. Stuff also just randomly clicked in my head throughout the last few days (probably because I've been more preoccupied with it than usual).

Tbh I don't hang out with a lot of confirmed LSEs in real life. What I know is mostly from when they were in positions of authority over me. It's similar to ESEs, but instead of making sure everyone's happy, it's making sure everyone is following the statues and limitations, usually using their demonstrative Se in a way that is somewhat terrifying . That thing about the perpetual cycle is the first thing that's given me a Ni vibe about you, but a rather large one at that.
    Haha, that's 1000 for Fi and 1 for Ni.

So you don't know any of your conflictors in real life or have experiences with them? As far as the perpetual cycle thingy, it's somewhat as if she doesn't learn from her lessons and repeats the same patterns with many things (complaining-> attempting to punish/make rules for the house-> doesn't enforce or do what she says, as one example). Also she makes a lot of promises that she then acts as if she never made when you ask her about them or as if you should have known it wasn't going to happen due to the circumstances. It's like she says things for the moment and then realizes she can't or shouldn't do what she promised when the time comes.

She does try to make sure everyone is happy but this includes other people's families, too. She's let people live with us and they end up overstaying their welcome, breaking or stealing something before they leave. She also takes care of her bf's family (which she chooses poorly, too). She was taking care of her abusive ex's mother basically everyday. I knew the lady was a goner and I told her after she told me about her (the lady was a level 9 enneatype 2. Shit's so sad to see). Instead of trying to do something purposeful like get her permanent or long lasting help, she'd just continue going to her house to take care of her day-to-day needs which she did until the lady died. Love my mom to death but it's sometimes like watching the same movie over and over again. The only time it changes is when it gets worse and that stresses me out (we get evicted, she gets beaten up, etc. What's next?) Sometimes I think she'll work herself to death, too. That's sort of why I try to give the family chores but I'm not good at sustaining them. She currently takes her new boyfriend to work from time to time and baby sits his children. At least dude's mom is healthy and young, they happen to be friends, lol.

If you know any ESEs, does this sound familiar? By the way, I rarely state someone's a certain type unless I'm really confident about it. I'm pretty much only sure about my sis and mom.

Thanks again for your time, dude! Sorry if I was troublesome.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Yeah. I can relate.
    The problem sometimes when we're typing is we get hung up on our dogmas about what fits certain types. I like the little anomalies in personality that don't, at first sight, seem to fit, but can be explained by other means. These anomalies can even help us understand the theory better.
    Yeah, I mean it's a theory at the end of the day, right? It's not perfect but it does its job. I like to think that environment, conditioning, experiences, etc, can make even the same types behave differently. While I'm not a follower of their theory, briefly looking at some Pod'lair videos last year made me better realize that people can be of the same type even if they behave differently on the outside. There could probably be some aggressive IEIs, yo. Lol, that said, realizing this, I did end up becoming a bit more disillusioned about Socionics but it's actually somewhat of a good realization.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys think it's safe to say that friends, even if they're not into the theory, will naturally know which quadra you fit into if they get the basic idea? I think I'll ask a few friends what they think and report back. One already responded rather quickly.
    Bad idea, imo. Even if your friends are able to correctly gasp such basic ideas (which I doubt, people disagree a lot even after many time in this field) this does not necessary imply that they will be able to correctly assign such concepts. You will be classified according to their understanding of you and your relationship with them but the starting point of this evaluation will still be how they see themselves.

For example, if one of your friends thinks X quadra is most likely his own, and he [she] sees you as very similar or at least compatible, you will be put in the same quadra. If you are perceived as a very different person, most likely you will be put in a different one (even opposite).

But do they accuralety ubicate themselves? That's the question, and hardly they will ignore themselves in the evaluation of you because every person, consciously or unconsciously, uses himself as the basic pattern for the measure.

Every step in this process, alongside a critical starting point, has a significant probability of being wrong. The total error could be too high for a reliable conclusion.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    Bad idea, imo. Even if your friends are able to correctly gasp such basic ideas (which I doubt, people disagree a lot even after many time in this field) this does not necessary imply that they will be able to correctly assign such concepts. You will be classified according to their understanding of you and your relationship with them but the starting point of this evaluation will still be how they see themselves.

For example, if one of your friends thinks X quadra is most likely his own, and he [she] sees you as very similar or at least compatible, you will be put in the same quadra. If you are perceived as a very different person, most likely you will be put in a different one (even opposite).

But do they accuralety ubicate themselves? That's the question, and hardly they will ignore themselves in the evaluation of you because every person, consciously or unconsciously, uses himself as the basic pattern for the measure.

Every step in this process, alongside a critical starting point, has a significant probability of being wrong. The total error could be too high for a reliable conclusion.
    Ah, true. Don't worry though. Aside from it maybe making me feel a bit more certain in my own impression, I wouldn't use their opinion as a reliable conclusion of my quadra/type alone. Hell, I knew they would be too lazy to read the whole thing so I told them to skim through so they could get the basic idea of each quadra. Can't depend on that. A few tried to type themselves but only one wanted to call himself a Beta, if I recall correctly, even though I got more of an Alpha vibe from him or even after I explained it a bit more. The dude I suspect as being Delta was sure I was Beta (and I can't imagine him even suggesting an Fe valuing quadra for himself). What you mentioned could happen though, it seems kind of natural for people to use themselves as a mirror.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

... While I was aware that people attribute morality to Fi while I did this questionnaire, one of the few traits an SX 4 friend I have on the internet said I had included good morals when I asked her how she'd describe me. A year or so earlier she also mentioned that I was a good conversationalist and, oddly enough, it was apparently because I wasn't so biased or something along those lines (she said it was easy for her to use people's biases and such to form relationships). The friend who said I was "definitely Beta" described me as eccentric and inquisitive at one point, too.
    Everyone lives by some set of morals. I always say I have none but who am I kidding...
    IEIs naturally conceptualize the people around them in terms of the emotional energy that they give off, and the way that they interact with the mood and energy around them. They are often especially sensitive to how others around them react to their own energy.

IEIs are generally very sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them. They are often good at recognizing and influencing the moods of others, and at communicating the depth of their feelings or experiences. They tend to be adept at reading the reactions that others have to them and are often quick to make use of emotional cues in interaction. They frequently feel a need to look after the mood of those around them, and characteristically seek to awaken or innerve others' emotional energy. They may exhibit a propensity for good-natured, friendly, lighthearted banter and try to promote good will and inclusiveness. On the other hand, IEIs can also direct their emotional influence through a mode of expression that limits their affable levity; they may take on a formal, toxic, serious, or even shock-jock emphasis as situations require.

IEIs may feel the need to express the nature of their inimitable mental landscape and insights, and may feel a greater calling to make a difference in the lives of others. This is often manifest by championing intellectual, moral, social, or personal causes. IEIs may feel strongly about these types of causes and some may expend considerable effort towards expressing their avidity towards them, even posing toxic criticism to those that do not share these deep moral callings. However, many other IEIs may lack the impulse or motivation to take this type of action at all.

The emotional energy of IEIs can sometimes appear restless, moody, or gregarious, but much of the time it is inwardly-focused and self-contained. IEIs are often highly introspective and often have a rich and vibrant array of emotional experiences, which they may dwell over and seek to display to others.

- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/t....7Wn38Bsf.dpuf

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah? That does make some sense.
    The more I thought about it, it seemed kind of rude for me to use people I personally know instead of famous people you could observe for yourself and draw your own conclusions on with regards to the "dual tinge" phenomenon. If you want, I can provide examples, but I also don't want to hit you with a deluge of information you don't want.

So you don't know any of your conflictors in real life or have experiences with them?
    someone else on the forum challenged me on my type, and now I'm rethinking it. But yes, I have known some ESEs in my life, even if they aren't my conflictors. My mother is an ESE 2, I think. At the very least, we have some communication errors because she is rational and I am irrational.

The only time it changes is when it gets worse and that stresses me out (we get evicted, she gets beaten up, etc. What's next?)
    This seems somewhat odd, at least for the ESEs I know. (Healthy) ESEs tend to take the sanctity of their body somewhat seriously, having secondary Si. They're also somewhat conservative with their money, being Si and all and having role Te. Of course, socionics cannot explain everything, and there are a confluence of other factors which impact how individuals live their lives. I do admit, though, that the making sure everyone is happy sounds -Fe, the concern with the bodily needs of others sounds Si, and the lack of foresight sounds like Ni devalued.

sounds like you and your family have been through some rough times. I hope things will take a positive turn.

you haven't been any bother, don't worry, be happy
    Last edited by Whoobie77; 06-29-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The more I thought about it, it seemed kind of rude for me to use people I personally know instead of famous people you could observe for yourself and draw your own conclusions on with regards to the "dual tinge" phenomenon. If you want, I can provide examples, but I also don't want to hit you with a deluge of information you don't want.
    Really? I think it's better to use people you know in some circumstances since you have more direct experience with them. We at least know the guys, you know? I mean, I may still be skeptical about the other person's ability to type who they're using as an example but I also don't really trust celebrity typings. So many people and even typology experts have different opinions on the same celebrity's type, for one. I usually don't care for them nowadays.

someone else on the forum challenged me on my type, and now I'm rethinking it. But yes, I have known some ESEs in my life, even if they aren't my conflictors. My mother is an ESE 2, I think. At the very least, we have some communication errors because she is rational and I am irrational.
    Yeah, I saw some of that in a thread. My mother is also ESE and I believe she's a SP 2.

This seems somewhat odd, at least for the ESEs I know. (Healthy) ESEs tend to take the sanctity of their body somewhat seriously, having secondary Si. They're also somewhat conservative with their money, being Si and all and having role Te. Of course, socionics cannot explain everything, and there are a confluence of other factors which impact how individuals live their lives. I do admit, though, that the making sure everyone is happy sounds -Fe, the concern with the bodily needs of others sounds Si, and the lack of foresight sounds like Ni devalued.
    Oh no, she's not particularly bad with money. In fact, she gets on me all the time because she thinks I don't know the value of money. She is conservative with it and it's sometimes annoying because she often won't even buy name brand food items or whatever. She also has a lot of stylish clothes but they're all from thrift stores. She says she can't buy anything full priced now that she's experienced Goodwill. We're sort of poor, so it's more like she'll make promises to us that she ends up saying she can't do when the time comes (even within the same day) because she has realized that she has bills to pay or needs to save some for whatever reason. I'm used to it but my siblings still fall for it, haha.

sounds like you and your family have been through some rough times. I hope things will take a positive turn.
    Thanks, dude. Yeah, we have had it pretty bad, at least for Americans, but we're alive, at least. Things have gotten a lot better than they were even if we still struggle a bit. The AC broke recently and mom fainted yesterday from the heat. We live in Florida so we're being cooked in here! While it sucks ass, it's minor in comparison to the problems we've had before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123