Thread: Fi-dom

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What crashes with me and Fe users is...Let's say that I have a hard to deal with brother. I'm likely to complain about how hard it is to deal with him and continue doing it for the sake of moral obligation to my relations even though at every turn and time he drives me bananas. Fe dom would say :if it stresses you out (gives you negative feeling) why do you continue to do it (self subjecting yourself to more bad experiences that cause bad feeling)." I say it's because I (the major I - the subject involved in these experiences and emotions) has a moral obligation and bond to family that produces bad feelings when I don't do the right thing and I experience infantile emotions of empathy because the person in me feels the pain for the other individual and I don't want that pain to be caused in them therefore I continue in the possibility and hopes (positivist) that things will change eventually Lord willing (in my heart I mourn for the pain of that other person). Fe may be symathetic but beyond that not subject their own feelings and person to what I experience. And yes i voice my opinion often by saying "I feel so bad for homeless people...i feel so bad for Kenyans....i feel so bad for women who are subjected to violence...i feel i feel i feel".
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-18-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

What crashes with me and Fe users is...Let's say that I have a hard to deal with brother. I'm likely to complain about how hard it is to deal with him and continue doing it for the sake of moral obligation to my relations even though at every turn and time he drives me bananas. Fe dom would say :if it stresses you out (gives you negative feeling) why do you continue to do it (self subjecting yourself to more bad experiences that cause bad feeling)." I say it's because I (the major I - the subject involved in these experiences and emotions) has a moral obligation and bond to family that produces bad feelings when I don't do the right thing and I experience infantile emotions of empathy because the person in me feels the pain for the other individual and I don't want that pain to be caused in them therefore I continue in the possibility and hopes (positivist) that things will change eventually Lord willing (in my heart I mourn for the pain of that other person). Fe may be symathetic but beyond that not subject their own feelings and person to what I experience. And yes i voice my opinion often by saying "I feel so bad for homeless people...i feel so bad for Kenyans....i feel so bad for women who are subjected to violence...i feel i feel i feel".
    Omg yes!! I feel a moral obligation to bond with people at times even if it they are Fe egos and cause me anguish due to their insensitivity to my feelings...etc. People do not understand why I bother trying to "bond" with them if I get hurt; but I feel obligated since they have shown me some kindness in the past.