Thread: Kindred differences: IEI-INFp and ILI-INTp

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I'm actually curious to know myself, as I'm struggling with determining which one of these I am. Because of this trouble, I'll explain what I've observed to be true. I'm apt to say that if the Ni subtypes strongly prefers their leading function over their creative function they will look remarkably similar, with maybe the IEI standing out by appearing slightly warmer(?). Essentially, the IEI would converge with traits of the ILI, becoming more detached and standoffish, while the ILI may becoming slightly more yielding, or at least less cold and detached(?) I think ILI-Te and IEI-Fe are strongly contrasted to one another and they are easier to differentiate. The former can be obsessed with factual accuracy while the latter indifferent to them.
    Exactly, the distinctions are quite so clear cut as everyone makes out. As for my creative function, I turn it on and off, if and when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I suspect both may appear to lack ambition/initiative, but this is misleading because it is not that they lack ambition, but only lack ambition in areas that others think they should have ambition towards. The ambition is toward their intellectual interests and not in the realm of their physical environment. It is in the material world where I need a little ass riding to accomplish more and not look as if I am standing around not doing anything, when really I am, it is just more mental than physical.
    The thing about Ni, is that one is waiting for the right moment. There is no point in committing to action before one is sure of a decisive outcome.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:24 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.