Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Male ESI's and Female LIE's (ISFj and ENTj)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ...LOVE that some men call me on my shit and won't be with me if I'm detached. It's just what a LIE needs and wants

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    That was cathartic to watch, I wouldn't be surprised if he was EII. I felt relieved for the guy. But the he screws it up at the end, but it also seemed like and Fi Dom thing to do.
    He doesn't make a mess of anything.

She heard him loud and clear.

He isn't caving.

He's realizing she is being psychologically open and not closed off and that it's actually okay for him to not retreat from her because she's not just doing her guarded and detached from sensitivity thing.

She grew up with a lot of trauma.

She's great at strategy and is very opportunistic.

Daniel wants to be loved. He doesn't just want to ride each other.

They care deeply about each other, but he has had a hard time trusting her.

They've proved themselves to each other over a period of years, grown as people, and built trust.

She pursued him to come back to the living when he was kinda zombified by the Ori. She wouldn't give up on him. And he had cradled her burned-at the stake-dead body in his arms. She was restored, but they both experienced her actual death, afair, so ...that's a deeply affecting thing...

He's just scared.

And rightly so.

The first time she takes him hostage and comandeers his ship she's into getting it on with him. He's one of the most

geek who holds a torch for his accidental wife from a decade ago that he lost in all of Sci-Fi. I mean the nerdman

romance is strong with this one, and he's not really into dating. He still feels married to the alien woman he got setup with and

developed feelings for and then lost to aliens about a decade ago. And he's felt affection and remembers with Sha're and isn't into JUST sex. Vala

starts out being comfortable with just sex. It's mutual, pleasurable, and can't confuse her and her ineptitude with Fi.

It's no surprise given Daniel's better with feelings and Vala is better with diversion that the two start out in the non-overlapping areas of the venn diagram.

In this scene that you're worried he messes up in by kissing her, he has made it pretty clear: be real with me or get out.

And that's good because she's coming on with her normal cavalier charm and direct approach and none of the 'I love you' stuff. And he is concerned she's just into riding each other.

They've been attracted to each other for a long time, but he's not just going to jump with the LIE for something physical and fun and diverting, and he wanted to make sure it wasn't that.

The actors actually advocated for this tension and an emotional, feisty discussion because they felt it was more realistic than what the writers came up with initially.

And when Daniel sees her genuinely sensitive, he is pleasantly surprised she was letting herself feel and realized she was willing to actually be IN IT. And he felt safe

In a later scene he reassures her they aren't together out of him having no other options.

YOU CAN MUTE THE MUSIC.

I don't think it's the best orchestrated love story of all time, but there's a definite connection between the actors and the characters.

AND he *is* listed as EII, like you thought , 5w4. .. with LII as a second guess by some voters on personality database.

having that ennea 5 makes him seem more ILI sometimes to me, but I think Ixxj fits him well.

Also, while the woman actor is LIE-Ni, the character is played as a deeply troubled, chaotic strategist after resources in the moment, and I think she's way more LIE than Se-dom, but the character often gets a SEE typing.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-10-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see ENTJs as masculine nor as feminine.

I don't see feelers as feminine nor masculine.

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is ESI
    My mom is LIE

They're gamma type. My mom is really social and productive , meanwhile my dad is serious and sorrow.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Baggage should be separated from type before valid analyses can be done; and most baggage is associated with hormones, testosterone, sex and or sexual orientation, which drives perspective and experience. The cognitive processes of males and females of the same type should be the same, and hence cognitive interaction with duals should essentially be identical - if it weren't for the baggage. Unfortunately, type is hidden under the baggage and baggage often occupies more of the personality than does type. I have noticed that much of the observable interaction between duals isn't type related.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible female LIE

Either way , there's a female LIE I know and she's married to an LSE. They are a pretty much a power couple.

Random facts about her

She's attractive for her age and walks around with an air of confidence, very good posture and since she has high status in the group she seems to walk around with that as well, but when you speak to her she always comes off as down to earth and kind. Her kindness does seem like a professional behavior though, not 100%fake but of course not the real her. The real her comes out in small moments, but she's usually quiet in group meetings like she's preoccupied thinking about something more important or just straight up jaded and bored with what we are talking about like she knows all this already, but when she does speak she usually speaks with authority and kinda sounding like a motivational speaker.

There's some power struggles between her and her husband, sometimes he asks her to get him something to drink, and she looks like she has to bite a bullet everytime she does it. Also he tries to give her directions on how to do something and it's she just does what she thinks is best anyway. She doesn't seem to try and control him, he seems to try and control her and she seems to resist to keep her independence.

She doesn't know about socionics and only briefly knows about MBTI, enough to know her own type. I've spoken to her about it before and she's told me back in school her teachers would tell her to soften her tone or something whenever she gave a speech. There have been times in our group where she's started to speak and then said " let me shut up because sometimes when I say something it doesn't come out right", like if to say she didn't want to offend anyone.

There's an LII(possibly) in our group that at first glance appears autistic because he is way too introverted and quiet, like an extreme case. She frikkin adores him, kisses him on the cheek so hard her face smushes into it. It's freaking strange, she also likes children and playing with them, but everyone gets the professional kindness. I caught her one time in a group meeting just watching a kid play and smiling and when she saw that I caught her she looked embarrassed.

The only person she talks extensively with in our group is an old LSI woman, when everyone is talking as a group, she's off in the corner speaking to the LSI woman quietly (Sx?).

I remember one time I was depressed to the point it was obvious on my face, and she looked me in the eye and quickly looked away like it made her uncomfortable to look at me.

I also remember my LSE friend telling her he was gonna drive back home, which is a 16 hour drive out of state, and she looked up at him with much respect on her face.

After talking to her about MBTI she started talking to me about books she eventually wants to write and she started getting really excited in the conversation, and she got on a roll of non stop talking, I didn't mind since I never seen her talk so much and so lively. There were points in the conversation where she would forget the last thing she just said when I would refer to it later. example, she spoke to me about a few books, then leave off with talking about a specific book, I would say "that book" to refer to the very last book she just spoke about and then she would ask me "which book?" I'm like, uh the one you were just talking about lady are you crazy lol. Anyway it was weird, maybe her mind was moving a mile a minute. The books she wants to write are about how at her age, she mid 50s, you can still find love, she thinks it will help out alot of women she knows that are successful but still single, saying the money isn't someone you can build memories with. But she says she doesn't have the time to write them yet.

She had a child like enthusiasm especially when talking about her accomplishments, almost like a child saying " Mommy look what I did!" not those exact words, but a similar tone of voice. Example, she used to be in the military and got to ride in a tank, I was amazed and asked did she really do that and she replied " Yup!" With this huge giddy smile like a proud kid lol. Not the first LIE I've seen do that either, it's surprising but funny.

Anyway, after her telling me about her hopes to want to write a book one day, the next time I see her she sat next to me at the table, she never does, and my guess was because she wanted to continue the conversation. I couldn't because it felt like bonding and she's married so I stayed silent, and she didn't try to initiate any conversation, maybe she was hoping I would because I got no other clue why she sat next to me. The next time I see her after that she says hi to me standing in the doorway of the room I'm working in, and that's all we say to each other, but she just stays standing in the doorway facing me but looking down for a while before she decides to leave, I interpreted it 9 ways to Sunday but who knows what that was about, I brought it up to MBTI ENTJs online and the ones the replied said yea something was up. I never had a long conversation with her again after that day, because even though she's much older than me I can't deny that she's attractive, so I just chose to keep my distance.

I remember that after I told her my MBTI type the next time I saw her she was like "HIIIII HOW ARE YOU?" with extra sugar on top and that made me uncomfortable real quick, maybe she read something about F types and thought that's the way they liked to be talked to lol.

Another thing was, she constantly changed her appearance and hair, constantly, everytime I saw her she had a new look. She's finally settled on a hair style but she always wears very bold colored dresses and jewelry that makes a statement. She's high status in the group and she definitely makes her self look like it.

In a group meeting where we were talking about how to attract people to our organization, she revealed her grand plan to save an entire township that was abandoned, rebuild the property from the ground up and get support from her company to do it, like what? Lol. She had this huge idea in her mind the entire time?

She seems to want to help a large group of people, having some actual impact on a grand scale, like a hero or something. She wanted to send towels to nursing homes because she heard they run out of towels.

Her day job is head of some operation at a military district of defense company. Her husband likes to point out that at work she's the boss but when she comes home she sleeps on his chest.

I remember I talked to her about a movie plot one time, and she cut straight to the point and was like " This is not new they've been doing that all throughout history". Said with a straight and jaded look on her face.

Someone brought up space travel in a conversation and she jumped in and said " you know they are trying to find a way to colonize other planets, that's what that's all about."and she repeated it to see if it would open the door for conversation, but she was talking to an ESE so no lol.

At home she's very different thennin public, for one she doesn't not smile nearly as much, of course she's not dressed up either, she's like idk how to explain. Like a rock or something. She's got the hugest freaking husky that looks half polar bear and she plays with the monster like it's a puppy, it was a stray that came to their front door, fully grown btw, and decided to keep it. Her husband thinks it's a burden though. At home she heard her IEE grandson whining in a very femenine tone of voice and she tells him " Hey, don't talk like that, don't you want to sound like a man?" lol The boy says " No, I want to sound like me." Lol, she just looks dumbfounded. Her filter seems lowered at home for sure.

She claims she's a human lie detector.

That's all I got. My bad if it was a mess lol.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 05-06-2020 at 12:18 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Possible female LIE

I can't believe that anyone would want to have sex with that guy. For sure, a female LIE would not.

Him, at 10:00: "One thing that we know about each other now is that we can actually go through a rocky point and still be in an interaction."
    Her, thinks: This guy is a clown.
    Him: "Now, we're still undecided about each other..."
    Her, thinks: No, I'm not.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I can't believe that anyone would want to have sex with that guy. For sure, a female LIE would not.

Him, at 10:00: "One thing that we know about each other now is that we can actually go through a rocky point and still be in an interaction."
    Her, thinks: This guy is a clown.
    Him: "Now, we're still undecided about each other..."
    Her, thinks: No, I'm not.
    She's definitely some kind of logical type, ethical type would nicely let him down with his creepy crap, but she's straight to the point. And all her answers are short and simple even when she's not letting him down, that makes me think of some mixture of Te Se Ni. " What did you do at the beach?" "Swim."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She's definitely some kind of logical type, ethical type would nicely let him down with his creepy crap, but she's straight to the point. And all her answers are short and simple even when she's not letting him down, that makes me think of some mixture of Te Se Ni. " What did you do at the beach?" "Swim."
    With LIE females, I've noticed that a person has just a few seconds to get to the point (why should I be listening to you?) or be dismissed. I think she sized this guy up in five seconds and was marking time after that.

She was being minimally polite to him because she left her flame thrower at home.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With LIE females, I've noticed that a person has just a few seconds to get to the point (why should I be listening to you?) or be dismissed. I think she sized this guy up in five seconds and was marking time after that.

She was being minimally polite to him because she left her flame thrower at home.
    Skip to 3:13

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't all LIE process that way?

And I think they are also open to you turning over a new leaf or showing another side, but they get the patterns of a person swiftly...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible female LIE

Either way , there's a female LIE I know and she's married to an LSE. They are a pretty much a power couple.

Random facts about her

She's attractive for her age and walks around with an air of confidence, very good posture and since she has high status in the group she seems to walk around with that as well, but when you speak to her she always comes off as down to earth and kind. Her kindness does seem like a professional behavior though, not 100%fake but of course not the real her. The real her comes out in small moments, but she's usually quiet in group meetings like she's preoccupied thinking about something more important or just straight up jaded and bored with what we are talking about like she knows all this already, but when she does speak she usually speaks with authority and kinda sounding like a motivational speaker.

There's some power struggles between her and her husband, sometimes he asks her to get him something to drink, and she looks like she has to bite a bullet everytime she does it. Also he tries to give her directions on how to do something and it's she just does what she thinks is best anyway. She doesn't seem to try and control him, he seems to try and control her and she seems to resist to keep her independence.

She doesn't know about socionics and only briefly knows about MBTI, enough to know her own type. I've spoken to her about it before and she's told me back in school her teachers would tell her to soften her tone or something whenever she gave a speech. There have been times in our group where she's started to speak and then said " let me shut up because sometimes when I say something it doesn't come out right", like if to say she didn't want to offend anyone.

There's an LII(possibly) in our group that at first glance appears autistic because he is way too introverted and quiet, like an extreme case. She frikkin adores him, kisses him on the cheek so hard her face smushes into it. It's freaking strange, she also likes children and playing with them, but everyone gets the professional kindness. I caught her one time in a group meeting just watching a kid play and smiling and when she saw that I caught her she looked embarrassed.

The only person she talks extensively with in our group is an old LSI woman, when everyone is talking as a group, she's off in the corner speaking to the LSI woman quietly (Sx?).

I remember one time I was depressed to the point it was obvious on my face, and she looked me in the eye and quickly looked away like it made her uncomfortable to look at me.

I also remember my LSE friend telling her he was gonna drive back home, which is a 16 hour drive out of state, and she looked up at him with much respect on her face.

After talking to her about MBTI she started talking to me about books she eventually wants to write and she started getting really excited in the conversation, and she got on a roll of non stop talking, I didn't mind since I never seen her talk so much and so lively. There were points in the conversation where she would forget the last thing she just said when I would refer to it later. example, she spoke to me about a few books, then leave off with talking about a specific book, I would say "that book" to refer to the very last book she just spoke about and then she would ask me "which book?" I'm like, uh the one you were just talking about lady are you crazy lol. Anyway it was weird, maybe her mind was moving a mile a minute. The books she wants to write are about how at her age, she mid 50s, you can still find love, she thinks it will help out alot of women she knows that are successful but still single, saying the money isn't someone you can build memories with. But she says she doesn't have the time to write them yet.

She had a child like enthusiasm especially when talking about her accomplishments, almost like a child saying " Mommy look what I did!" not those exact words, but a similar tone of voice. Example, she used to be in the military and got to ride in a tank, I was amazed and asked did she really do that and she replied " Yup!" With this huge giddy smile like a proud kid lol. Not the first LIE I've seen do that either, it's surprising but funny.

Anyway, after her telling me about her hopes to want to write a book one day, the next time I see her she sat next to me at the table, she never does, and my guess was because she wanted to continue the conversation. I couldn't because it felt like bonding and she's married so I stayed silent, and she didn't try to initiate any conversation, maybe she was hoping I would because I got no other clue why she sat next to me. The next time I see her after that she says hi to me standing in the doorway of the room I'm working in, and that's all we say to each other, but she just stays standing in the doorway facing me but looking down for a while before she decides to leave, I interpreted it 9 ways to Sunday but who knows what that was about, I brought it up to MBTI ENTJs online and the ones the replied said yea something was up. I never had a long conversation with her again after that day, because even though she's much older than me I can't deny that she's attractive, so I just chose to keep my distance.

I remember that after I told her my MBTI type the next time I saw her she was like "HIIIII HOW ARE YOU?" with extra sugar on top and that made me uncomfortable real quick, maybe she read something about F types and thought that's the way they liked to be talked to lol.

Another thing was, she constantly changed her appearance and hair, constantly, everytime I saw her she had a new look. She's finally settled on a hair style but she always wears very bold colored dresses and jewelry that makes a statement. She's high status in the group and she definitely makes her self look like it.

In a group meeting where we were talking about how to attract people to our organization, she revealed her grand plan to save an entire township that was abandoned, rebuild the property from the ground up and get support from her company to do it, like what? Lol. She had this huge idea in her mind the entire time?

She seems to want to help a large group of people, having some actual impact on a grand scale, like a hero or something. She wanted to send towels to nursing homes because she heard they run out of towels.

Her day job is head of some operation at a military district of defense company. Her husband likes to point out that at work she's the boss but when she comes home she sleeps on his chest.

I remember I talked to her about a movie plot one time, and she cut straight to the point and was like " This is not new they've been doing that all throughout history". Said with a straight and jaded look on her face.

Someone brought up space travel in a conversation and she jumped in and said " you know they are trying to find a way to colonize other planets, that's what that's all about."and she repeated it to see if it would open the door for conversation, but she was talking to an ESE so no lol.

At home she's very different thennin public, for one she doesn't not smile nearly as much, of course she's not dressed up either, she's like idk how to explain. Like a rock or something. She's got the hugest freaking husky that looks half polar bear and she plays with the monster like it's a puppy, it was a stray that came to their front door, fully grown btw, and decided to keep it. Her husband thinks it's a burden though. At home she heard her IEE grandson whining in a very femenine tone of voice and she tells him " Hey, don't talk like that, don't you want to sound like a man?" lol The boy says " No, I want to sound like me." Lol, she just looks dumbfounded. Her filter seems lowered at home for sure.

She claims she's a human lie detector.

That's all I got. My bad if it was a mess lol.
    Good god, I am seen. Except that line that is gross when she is sexist:"at home she heard her IEE grandson whining in a very femenine tone of voice and she tells him " Hey, don't talk like that, don't you want to sound like a man?" lol The boy says " No, I want to sound like me."
    Last edited by nanashi; 05-08-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible female LIE

Anyway, after her telling me about her hopes to want to write a book one day, the next time I see her she sat next to me at the table, she never does, and my guess was because she wanted to continue the conversation. I couldn't because it felt like bonding and she's married so I stayed silent
    WHY!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would have let a LIE male talk with you and enjoy your sharing ideas, but you deprive her of one of her few joys in life because she is accidentally a woman and married.Deities!!!!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    WHY!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would have let a LIE male talk with you and enjoy your sharing ideas, but you deprive her of one of her few joys in life because she is accidentally a woman and married.Deities!!!!!
    No, if she wasn't attractive to me I would've talked to her, but she was very attractive and married and it felt like I couldn't process it in any other way than building intimacy/bonding, so the problem was completely my own not hers. Like I felt me getting more attracted to a married woman and that just didn't feel right.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI's strengths really effectively support me where I need support. I have had fun/adventure/good convos/connection with many people, but my life is most like me with ESI in close proximity. It's easy for me to get drawn into others' styles and undertakings, and I have to pull away to get my stuff done

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends who is LIE has been actively going on dates with different people. Her biggest complaints are “not cute enough” and “lack of social skills”.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    One of my best friends who is LIE has been actively going on dates with different people. Her biggest complaints are “not cute enough” and “lack of social skills”.
    Male ESI's top out at Paul Newman and Bruce Springsteen. Down from there is Spencer Tracy and Chris Isaak. Down from there are Brian May and Ronnie Wood. Down from there is Bob Dylan.

If you are a female LIE going for looks, you are probably going to have to make some concessions. You should concentrate more on how the ESI makes you feel, on how you feel when around him.

Here is a picture of my best friend from HS, an ESI. His teeth are seriously messed up and he looks a bit like a crane, but he's the best guy in the world.

Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-10-2020 at 03:42 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male ESI's top out at Paul Newman and Bruce Springsteen. Down from there is Spencer Tracy and Chris Isaak. Down from there are Brian May and Ronnie Wood. Down from there is Bob Dylan.

If you are a female LIE going for looks, you are probably going to have to make some concessions. You should concentrate more on how the ESI makes you feel, on how you feel when around him.

Here is a picture of my best friend from HS, an ESI. His teeth are seriously messed up and he looks a bit like a crane, but he's the best guy in the world.

Lol, why? There are people like Chad Michael Murray who seems probably ESI. Why does gender/sex matter here? Would you say the same thing to yourself? I don’t think so.

And if your friend is 40+ (assuming he is there) he looks totally normal/good to me, although I see the crane thing slightly lol. I’ve seen way more fucked up teeth than that... his look basically perfect to me in comparison.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, why? There are people like Chad Michael Murray who seems probably ESI. Why does gender/sex matter here? Would you say the same thing to yourself? I don’t think so.

And if your friend is 40+ (assuming he is there) he looks totally normal/good to me, although I see the crane thing slightly lol. I’ve seen way more fucked up teeth than that... his look basically perfect to me in comparison.
    My ESI bestie is a fucking chad, looks like Captain America, so I don't understand the whole looks things or what it has to do with personality types either.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt personality type and natural looks are correlated

Sure how you manage your body and charisma might be personality related, but....
    I would put forward that sbbds' friend likely was expressing an average desire to be physically attracted to someone they have chemistry with otherwise and trying to figure out why not while the person in question is probably just not making the effort at their presentation or had low self esteem (as most of us do at times) or simply wasn't attracted because they didn't have chemistry. Remember the people that friend is dating aren't necessarily duals. They're literally just people who pee the same way. that's a diverse group
    Last edited by nanashi; 10-10-2020 at 08:08 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out one of my middle school LIE friends is now married to an ESI guy. They are unstereotypically noblebright like alphas are supposed to be in theory lol. It is really cute and pure. I wish I could post a photo but wouldn’t for privacy.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just found out one of my middle school LIE friends is now married to an ESI guy. They are unstereotypically noblebright like alphas are supposed to be in theory lol. It is really cute and pure. I wish I could post a photo but wouldn’t for privacy.
    Just image manipulate something over their private parts. Like picture of Biden and Trump kissing each other.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren't both democratic quadras supposed to be "noblebright". That's because their extroverts are positivist types.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    aren't both democratic quadras supposed to be "noblebright". That's because their extroverts are positivist types.
    Erm, never heard of this idea before lol. Alpha is noblebright gamma grimdark, stereotypically speaking.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Erm, never heard of this idea before lol. Alpha is noblebright gamma grimdark, stereotypically speaking.
    @sbbds, this is how I see the two Quadras, too.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? mm.

I am referring to smlingeyes' mathematico-mechanical socionics.

How can a quadra with SEE and LIE be grim in its character? Defeats the purpose of both types (which are also central types in socionics, along with SLE and EIE).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    really? mm.

I am referring to smlingeyes' mathematico-mechanical socionics.

How can a quadra with SEE and LIE be grim in its character? Defeats the purpose of both types (which are also central types in socionics, along with SLE and EIE).
    Elaborate?

Do you not associate gamma with capitalism and industrialism and alpha with tea parties and colorful anime like 99.9999% of people, or something?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, maybe ESE but ILE and SEI are definitely not. That pairing is quite tragicomic and they probably like it that way.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    Well, maybe ESE but ILE and SEI are definitely not. That pairing is quite tragicomic and they probably like it that way.
    At least it’s a comic.

What is tragic about it? ILE keeps shitting diapers and lets masochistic SEI rub it all over his/her body?

That’s still grimbright at its worst IMO.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is good.

Note who seems like the strategic initiator and ...who the logistics initiator is...
    who is easily talking/giving ideas more and .....who is listening more/asking...
    Joanne and ... Paul

they both mention her competence in acting and his enjoying racecar driving in separate interviews

MUTE IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE BUBLE...I'm thinking the interactions give you a good idea of who they are.

woah. didn't realize all the kissing.

I also like that the LIE thinks/feels and then intensely hurls themself at the ESI. Been there. And the ESI seems a lot more surprised by some of the spontaneity and is also more measured and clearly more CONSITENTLY lives in the physics of the world around them, instead of a mix of planning and possibility.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tea Leoni

Typed 173 1w2 ENTJ

Every once in a while I wonder if Henry is SLI like my ex said Henry is, but I'm seeing more ESI.

She acts a lot like I do.

https://www.personality-database.com...rsonality-type

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irene Adler ENTJ - 7w8 - sx/sp - 784 - LIE

My ILI bud who knew me for 20 years reached out to me and said: This is you, nanashi.

(Meaning I am like the original character (book) and the beginning of the Sherlock BBC version (not

her profession but her boldness and confidence and charisma and the way she acted).

The character in the BBC series gets weird and inept at the end.

They've both been typed ENTJ, repeatedly.

The BBC series, and probably every other adaptation of the book, really messes up her character.

She was conceived of as an entj woman opera singer who is in love with a man she intends to marry.

She happened to have a previous relationship with a guy who wound up inheriting the crown

and then deciding to harass and threaten her over their past relationship. She was written as

having no sexual nor romantic interest in Holmes, nor he

in her (though he respected her), who was strategically saving her own life and assets, and

happened to be one of, if not the only person, to be a peer of Holmes in strategy and intellect--which

he didn't resent.
    wikipedia:

"The King exclaims how amazing Adler is: "Would she not have made an admirable queen?

Is it not a pity she was not on my level?" Holmes replies that Miss Adler is indeed on

a much different level from the King (by which he means higher–a subtle twist of meaning lost

on the King). Thanking Holmes effusively, the King offers a valuable emerald ring from his finger

as further reward.[4] Holmes says there is something he values even more highly: the photograph of Adler.

He keeps the photograph as a reminder of her cleverness, and of being beaten by a woman's wit.

Watson also tells that, since their meeting, Holmes always refers to her by the honorable title of "the woman"."

The bbc made her a dominatrix lesbian who inexplicably falls for Sherlock and isn't

as independent as her character in the book is.

"Irene Adler. The Woman. The only woman to ever beat Sherlock Holmes.

It was with trepidation that many fans waited for A Scandal in Belgravia.

Some were ecstatic when it came out; many others horribly disappointed.

Before the episode aired, there were many people who were worried that

Irene would be a love interest for Sherlock, whether it be because they are

die-hard shippers who didn’t want a woman getting in the way of ~their ship~

or the idea that Irene and Holmes being in love is nothing new. The latter is

based off of many, many years of fandom pairing Irene with Holmes, despite

the fact the first paragraph in A Scandal in Bohemia states: TO SHERLOCK HOLMES

she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. I

n his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex. It was not that he

felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly,

were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. He was, I take it,

the most perfect reasoning and observing machine that the world has seen, but as a

lover he would have placed himself in a false position. As you can see, there wasn’t any

love between Holmes and Irene. Admiration, respect, possible scorn, yes, but never love.

Though Irene and Holmes met face to face several times, they never did so without the

use of disguises. Holmes dressed up as a workman the first time and acted as an impromptu

witness to Irene Adler’s marriage to Godfrey Norton. The second time, he was dressed as a

clergyman in order to find where she hid the photograph of her and the King of Bohemia.

The third, and last, time they met, she was dressed in men’s clothing and followed Holmes

after he found where the photograph was located, and said ‘Good-night, Mister Sherlock Holmes.’

Holmes could not pinpoint who she was, and therefore she managed to beat him at his own game.

Why then, do many scholars like to create a romance between the two? Even though there was no

love between them, and even though she married the man she desired and went away with in order

to escape harassment?
    (...) She was an adventuress, yes, but only in the sense that she travelled abroad,

acted outside of the familiar female norm, and was courted by men outside of her class. The entirety

of her criminal exploits was rudimentary blackmail which she was using as a means to keep the King

of Bohemia from invading her life even further. He had sent many teams to try and steal the photograph,

ransacking her house and breaching her privacy. It’s no wonder she went to such extremes to keep

something sentimental to her kept under lock and key.
    (...) Irene Adler in the book was a very

independent woman who chose a lawyer over a king out of love rather than spite:

'I love and am loved by a better man than he. The King may do what he will without hindrance from one

whom he has cruelly wronged. I keep it only to safeguard myself, and to preserve a weapon which will always

secure me from any steps which he might take in the future.'

https://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/post/...sm-irene-adler
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-09-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TANGENT: what do you think Pulver's husband irl's type is?

[QUOTE=nanashi;1417848]Irene Adler ENTJ - 7w8 - sx/sp - 784 - LIE

[/SIZE]

The bbc made her a dominatrix lesbian who inexplicably falls for Sherlock and isn't

as independent as her character in the book is.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

River Song
    ENTJ - 8w9 - sp/sx - Chaotic Neutral

sorry about the slapping him. I don't support that. It's messed up. I know the gf of at least one forum member abused him.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max is ESI 2w3 on personality database, and
    Zoey is ILI 6W5 on the same site

It is a musical, but one of the less boring for me to get through, though I do skip a lot of the SEI mom, etc. The neighbor is pretty epic...pretty charming.

Anyway, the Zoey and Max characters arc is a pretty great and realistic 'best friends and colleagues transition into being in love' one.

Last edited by nanashi; 11-09-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE woman actor and character:

This scene reminds me so much of my 7w8 guy friend and myself. We'd do shit like this. The male actor is sometimes typed ENTP, and my friend was. But Personality Database has the male actor as ESI 7w8, but he's been typed so many different things and is such an icon that I don't want to present him as ESI for sure, but he plays a pretty ESI character in this film, and she is always playing entjs, so it can be in this thread. . .

LIE catches feels first.
    Does the right thing when he starts catching feels, too, and sends him away, back to his fiance, her sister. LIE description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov: "Dislikes competing, manifesting selfish interests, demanding his (her) right to something. May cede his(her)positions to more obstinate and insistent partners. For the sake of justice or to defend an idea in which he believes, may sacrifice his own interests."You can see that in this clip.

male actor plays a super geeky professor here:

IRL the male actor, Grant, tried to setup LIE Hepburn with LIE 8w7 Howard Hughes, whom she ended up dating. She countered Grant, saying she could get her own dates.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-09-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ actress playing a maybe 5w6 and maybe ILI character

(sometimes typed INTJ or other type)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    ENTJ actress playing a maybe 5w6 and maybe ILI character

(sometimes typed INTJ or other type)

She has ESTj - ESTp female eyes, much like Kate Winslet. Don't know about her character.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post
    She has ESTj - ESTp female eyes, much like Kate Winslet. Don't know about her character.
    She definitely LOOKS LIKE Kate Winslet, another British actress it's possible she shares quite a lot of dna with.

I'm not sure about her being ESTj-ESTp, but I'm glad you brought it up

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI Ian Gallagher 6w7 (redhead)

and big Jason Momoa look-a-like is often typed ESFP

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast