Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Male ESI's and Female LIE's (ISFj and ENTj)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    ESI Ian Gallagher 6w7 (redhead)

and big Jason Momoa look-a-like is often typed ESFP

Ian Gallagher, never seen him typed before. I often thought some kind of EIE with bi-polar disorder. The way he rallies people to the cause and then implodes in cycles.

Kevin as ESFp is a good typing. I think the actor is ESI though.

Lip is played as a ESTp with ISTp elements. I think he is a Ti subtype though. Smart guy, but never goes far with it because his system keeps dragging him back in, and also alcohol addiction.

Brilliant show.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post
    Ian Gallagher, never seen him typed before. I often thought some kind of EIE with bi-polar disorder. The way he rallies people to the cause and then implodes in cycles.

Kevin as ESFp is a good typing. I think the actor is ESI though.

Lip is played as a ESTp with ISTp elements. I think he is a Ti subtype though. Smart guy, but never goes far with it because his system keeps dragging him back in, and also alcohol addiction.

Brilliant show.
    I think they significantly changed Ian when they wrote in his bipolar disorder.

And, I kinda hope Kevin's actor is ISFj because i've always been incredibly drawn to him, even decades ago when I'd see my mum watching some show where he played 'the fool'. I just assumed it might be activity attraction.
    Last edited by nanashi; 12-04-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agh! I cried out when I saw this the first time because I knew what SEE Ray Stevenson's Gamma SF character was going to do right before he did it...because it's what I had the urge to do.

clip isn't complete. scene is missing some parts

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE and maybe ESI
    She holds the record for most Oscars won by any one person (4), and he won (2), himself.

really great movie.

here's another:

LIE athlete saves the ESI (?)coach from the two men who turn on him. super hokey movie that was created because the woman actor LIE was such an athlete, irl. I can't remember how many sports she plays in this movie, but tennis and golf at least.

Scientists who marry for companionship and then...I think they might end up falling in love, but they at least have a lot of affection for each other by the end. I forget.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zayn Malik
    ISFP - 4w5 - sp/sx - 495 - ESI

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE 3w4

wow, I relate to her so hard. Except she does like 4/5 really rude things...rude to Bob about his weight....(I'da been startled but not said it outloud what I was thinking)

and then when she's shitty about model's brains... I know of several crazy smart models and one who's def ILI

and then she's a bit too narcissistic when it comes to her career, I think, and too much follows the Incredibles' mistake as a film of venerating supers above the non-supers. It's a stupid move for everyone, including the supers (talented ppl) per research on people irl.

That part when she says, "Confront the problem. Fight! Win!" to encourage her friend....that's me

and I'm a LOT like that with babies and 'I enjoy our visits' and protecting people from including genuinely dangerous 'capes' in my work for them.

LIE can get super invested in the development of small humans.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSFW

ENTJ woman.

I don't agree with her ethics, necessarily.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE 3w4

wow, I relate to her so hard. Except she does like 4/5 really rude things...rude to Bob about his weight....(I'da been startled but not said it outloud what I was thinking)

and then when she's shitty about model's brains... I know of several crazy smart models and one who's def ILI

and then she's a bit too narcissistic when it comes to her career, I think, and too much follows the Incredibles' mistake as a film of venerating supers above the non-supers. It's a stupid move for everyone, including the supers (talented ppl) per research on people irl.

That part when she says, "Confront the problem. Fight! Win!" to encourage her friend....that's me

and I'm a LOT like that with babies and 'I enjoy our visits' and protecting people from including genuinely dangerous 'capes' in my work for them.

LIE can get super invested in the development of small humans.

Did you notice the mural on the wall of Edna's studio at 0:58? It was Ajax (AIAS) fighting Glaukos (Γλαῦκος, written backwards) over the dead body of Achilles, while Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom and War, helps Ajax with her snaky aegis. A metaphor for the scene.

Achilles, who was otherwise invulnerable, was killed by an arrow through his heel. Every superhero has an Achilles heel, and in the Incredibles, that heel is a cape.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-10-2020 at 05:16 AM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is popular. Must be a lot of people typing as LIE. I wonder if it's accurate. Maybe LIE means normal person. Maybe I should actually pretend to be INTp in an attempt to fix everything by being ironic. Nah, that's probably more challenging than I have ability for.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    This is popular. Must be a lot of people typing as LIE. I wonder if it's accurate. Maybe LIE means normal person. Maybe I should actually pretend to be INTp in an attempt to fix everything by being ironic. Nah, that's probably more challenging than I have ability for.
    I had to dig to find these.

They are not more popular than the other types.

You're looking at a few posts in a thread specifically DEDICATED TO LIE WOMEN AND ESI MEN that I've had to use a few decades of experiences and a search engine and a database to post fewer than a dozen LIE women.

A lot of people are NOT typing as LIE.

Of course it looks like a lot of people are LIE if you look in a 'please post any LIE you can scrounge around and find' thread.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-10-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plays a lot of LIE characters. Seems LIE, herself.

It's prolly unhealthy dynamic because it's better not to think someone else can save you. It's better to get treatment for your addictions and trauma, but that aside, I do really enjoy that the relationship depicts a duality-like connection...one that's inherent and based on chemistry of the mind.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vid might be NSFW

Voroschenko on LIE:"Ambition - is an excellent drive to work and creative performance. In the early years characterized by outstanding achievements in various fields. Not one time starts from scratch and succeeds. Person of ideas. "

Lots of extroversion and intuition on this set: contrast Waller-Bridge with ENFJ Fonda and maybe Ne Tomlin;

I think Tina Fey has ENTP vibes...and this interview by her for GQ,here, is a good contrast of ILE and Waller-Bridge:
    https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...-fey-interview

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mebbe? Often brought up as LIE or EIE and 387 tritype vibe

ah...the clothes...and hair...and calling ppl on the reality of the age thing during silly game

I could buy Charlize as a Te woman surrounded by two, maybe three, feelers, here:

and
    playing a president with a maybe feeler love interest:

and

being galant and avuncular toward a likely feeler dude in an Amazon, sister-in-arms, buddy way:

and

Si polr vibes

'oh, time to ice my carcass'

Last edited by nanashi; 12-04-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude is typed ESi. seems legit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arón Piper
    ISFP - 4w3 - sx/so - ESI

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI 6w7

skip to 2:40

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

characters

Maaaaybe LIE woman and ESI man. He's kinda dramatic..i dunno...he's a tortured defected spy, so maybe that impacts the way he plays it.
    I guess he could be a 6w7ish ESI
    Yeah, when compared with James Dean, he seems normal.

Last edited by nanashi; 12-04-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ 6w7 Whoopi Goldberg

Last edited by nanashi; 11-27-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI..super serious seeming

maybe ESI? (finished watching it, and I went: "Oh...fucking yeah.ESI."

Last edited by nanashi; 11-12-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enneagram 9 esi

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE woman. Possibly ESI-Se man

That sentence! "he keeps me in line."

ahhhhhh. I relate hard to that.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two sets of ESI actors

and

ESI In real life these two ESI are friends. The actors play lovers. The clip is kinda pg-13.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-29-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Any observations on the two types individually? Or how the dynamic between them supposedly plays out?

I thought it'd be interesting since most Gamma stereotypes seem to assume that ESI's are female and LIE's are male.
    If you feel like it, could you change the title? Plurals that aren't possessive or contractions don't need apostrophes. So, it would be "Male ESIs and Female LIEs (ISFj and ENTj)"

It's not life and death, so don't stress yourself to do it

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you feel like it, could you change the title? Plurals that aren't possessive or contractions don't need apostrophes. So, it would be "Male ESIs and Female LIEs (ISFj and ENTj)"

It's not life and death, so don't stress yourself to do it
    I use the style "LIE's and ESI's" and I'm aware that the notation is technically incorrect, but I'm trying to change the language in the interest of clarity.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I use the style "LIE's and ESI's" and I'm aware that the notation is technically incorrect, but I'm trying to change the language in the interest of clarity.
    how is using the possessive MORE clear when we have a plural that already makes sense?

It's extra clear, given the acronym has capital letters and the 's' is lowercase, that the s is a plural one and not some additional word in the abbreviation.

I'm all for language changing, but we'd be making it LESS clear and more redundant if we changed it that way.

"Making an Abbreviation Plural
    Simply add an “s” to an abbreviation to make it plural. (Do not add an apostrophe.)

I work with five other RNs during a typical shift.

Note: RN is a commonly used acronym found in Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary, so it does not need to be introduced. See the “Exceptions to the Rules” section below for more information about commonly used abbreviations."

academicguides.waldenu

newsroom.unl.edu:

"Example:
    He graduated in 1992. The nineties were a great decade. He thinks the '90s were overrated."

Oooo! I'm glad you brought this up, Strange, becauses I learned something I didn't know:

"Here’s the relevant portion of The Times’s stylebook entry:

Use apostrophes for plurals of abbreviations that have capital letters and periods: M.D.’s, C.P.A.’s. Also use apostrophes for plurals formed from single letters: He received A’s and B’s on his report card. Mind your p’s and q’s.

But do not use apostrophes for plurals of abbreviations without periods, or for plurals formed from figures: TVs, PCs, DVDs; 1990s, 747s, size 7s.
    "

nytimes.com

It's not life or death. it's just confusing to read. Your brain's waiting for the noun to show up that the adjective (the possessive word) modifies . . . and it never shows.

The dictator's _____ were playing croquet.
    The dictators were playing croquet.

Don't worry about the kid's.
    The kid's what?
    No, don't worry about them.
    Oh, you mean 'don't worry about the kids.'
    Last edited by nanashi; 12-01-2020 at 05:38 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

how is using the possessive MORE clear when we have a plural that already makes sense?

It's extra clear, given the acronym has capital letters and the 's' is lowercase, that the s is a plural one and not some additional word in the abbreviation.

I'm all for language changing, but we'd be making it LESS clear and more redundant if we changed it that way.
    I view the type designations as strings of nonsense letters, and separating those letters from a possessive "s" with an apostrophe seems to read more easily to me. Your mileage may vary, but I'm thinking

SEIs, ESTjs, etc., are a bit hard to parse if you are just encountering the nomenclature of Socionics. This is my one intentional deviation from proper English, and I don't think the fact that it violates the Time's style definitions is that big a deal.

If my peculiar practice bothers people, they can revel in the idea that they are right and I am wrong.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I view the type designations as strings of nonsense letters, and separating those letters from a possessive "s" with an apostrophe seems to read more easily to me. Your mileage may vary, but I'm thinking

SEIs, ESTjs, etc., are a bit hard to parse if you are just encountering the nomenclature of Socionics. This is my one intentional deviation from proper English, and I don't think the fact that it violates the Time's style definitions is that big a deal.

If my peculiar practice bothers people, they can revel in the idea that they are right and I am wrong.
    Yeah, but if that's only because you're only used to seeing possessives, so it seems familiar and your mind feels weird seeing an 's' for a plural, that's just the psychology of the development of the weird feel. but you're losing the meaning of the symbols if you change it the way you're proposing. the actual FUNCTION of the ' and the s are being lost if you just merge them all. Then there isn't the distinction, and it messes up the structure.

Also, I'm high on joy and thus have a LOT of energy for low priority stuff. Please don't feel judged as deficient or something. I'm not feeling that toward anyone

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexandra Botez

Seems LIE, like Personality Database states.
    They have her as 3w4

NSFW

her sis seems like a 7 and maybe a feeler. it's a very enjoyable dynamic.

Update: Personality database has the sister as 7w8 ESTP.
    Last edited by nanashi; 12-01-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

her sis seems like a 7 and maybe a feeler
    ISFP

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ISFP
    Sol, do you mean Fi+Se or Si+Fe?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personality database has Erica Sinclair as

8w7 837 sp/so LIE

I think that's accurate.

Watching clips, i'd say she obvs needs to develop social contract/diplomacy/ethics-wise in order to be more effective, but she said all the factual, strategic, rallying-people things LIEs think.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa I didn’t even notice the apostrophes this entire time.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Whoa I didn’t even notice the apostrophes this entire time.
    I know!

My brain kept just pausing weirdly sometimes when I saw the title, and a few weeks ago I realized why, but now after all this time, I again noticed the weird distracted sensation and asked myself why, and I'm just in a very energetic mood and felt like asking.
    Last edited by nanashi; 12-01-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also typed ENTJ guitarist and vocalist

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Wilson

esi dude playing across from his identical, helen hunt.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

esi-se guy. You can hear him singing here:
    https://downwrite.com/artist/shawn-h...0created%20the

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about Lara Pulver as LIE, as well?

I remember her vampire seemed gamma NT.

She plays an ENTJ as Irene in Sherlock.

I'm just toying with the idea.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got some hints of Katharine Hepburn from Tea Leoni vids.

'drunk' at holiday party researchers, neither of whom can remember how to say Lexington Avenue Bus even though they know the first attempt sounds off.

and

again playing drunk, with her real life partner, Tracy, but this was right before they got together, paralleling the Leoni and Daly video from above, kinda.

Both Leoni and Heburn are listed as enneagram 1s, too, so that's another layer of overlap between the two actors. Pretty funny that the LIE caught feels in this scene and in the next scene explains she wants to go back home to her place iirc but the ESI (?) was thinking she meant she was wanting to be dropped off at her place.
    Last edited by nanashi; 01-12-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nanashi In the Charlize Theron video with Nicole Kidman and that other person (I didn't catch her name) - I think Charlize looks Se-lead. She has presence. The other two, especially Nicole are shrinking away, and she just takes up so much more space. Charlize reminds me very much of my SEE friends. Just open no-filter and completely herself, always really liked them for those qualities. I think Nicole is Se-polr. She looks like she could be crushed at any moment or blow away in a stiff wind.

Don't get a lot of good examples of SLE vs SEE women so idk if Charlize could be SLE instead, but I don't think LIE is in the running at all. My 2c, do what you want with it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @nanashi In the Charlize Theron video with Nicole Kidman and that other person (I didn't catch her name) - I think Charlize looks Se-lead. She has presence. The other two, especially Nicole are shrinking away, and she just takes up so much more space. Charlize reminds me very much of my SEE friends. Just open no-filter and completely herself, always really liked them for those qualities. I think Nicole is Se-polr. She looks like she could be crushed at any moment or blow away in a stiff wind.

Don't get a lot of good examples of SLE vs SEE women so idk if Charlize could be SLE instead, but I don't think LIE is in the running at all. My 2c, do what you want with it.

Hi, Squark.

I like how you noticed and spoke about the presence. I def see what you're talking about. I wouldn't say the cause is necessarily what you're positing it is.

LIE are well known as people who get constant positive feedback for our interest in things external to us, for our confidence in effecting tangible change from application of methods, and for our joy in physical awareness (though it's spotty) and for our facility in groups of people. We often feel very good in groups of people...And tall people and extroverted people (Theron and myself are both) have been shown to appear as very assertive and confident and to be noticed/have attention drawn to us.

LIE and EIE have presence.

I agree that Kidman almost always seems like an introvert who values other elements of life than I do....(and she's often typed SEI, EII, or LII). And the third woman is significantly younger in age and in the industry. They could be her mommies.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast