Quote Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
... I'm pretty good at noticing someone's potential or what's special about them. I don't really reach out to others in order to make friends very often, honestly.... I will wait for others to talk to, or approach me first most of the time, which has been how most of my friendships have formed. .....unless someone looks sad and alone in the corner, then I'd probably try to figure out what's wrong. I tend to always befriend the weird loners in the corner. They are usually pretty interesting anyway.

I am very hesitant to call people friends. I usually wait for the other person to say we're 'friends' first. Once I do befriend someone, I usually consider them a friend for life, even if I haven't talked to them in years. I've never been one to have a lot of friends. I'd rather have a few friends I have something in common with and that I can form a deeper understanding with, than a lot of friends. I do try to be nice to everyone, though, because every is fighting their own battle.
A lot of this is similar to me. Bits of it not so much - like, "I guess I'm not very animated or expressive with my feelings" -- that and the rest of what you said is reminding me of the EIIs I know. The similarity in our ways might be because we are Mirrors. Maybe!