Thread: Afanasyev's Typology - Psychosophy

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Default Afanasyev's Typology - Psychosophy

Hello,

Are you familiar with psychosophy?

I was browsing Russian web searching for the school of system socionics suggested by @silke and discovered the theory...
    There isn't much of it in English but I found it quite interesting.

"Psychosophy is a new theory of enegetic metabolism found by Russian literary scientist Alexandr Afanasiev (or Afanasyev) who created unique typology, combining ideas of philosophers and psychologists. Psychosophy and socionics are complementary theories.
    Socionics views and studies communication processes, psychosophy views and studies energetic processes in psyche - how much and how strong we spend energy according to our priorities of life."

A short description can be found here:

http://en.socionics.ru/index.php?opt...263&Itemid=193

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Are you familiar with psychosophy?
    It's not known in the West, though we've had a few threads about it here created by those who have wandered onto Russian socionics forums. Upon reading about it, it seemed too much like an arbitrary bundle of concepts and terms to warrant looking into it any further. On Russian forums it is used akin to a subtyping system - if you aren't getting along with a dual, it is explained by your psychosophy types not matching. Here we have other typologies like the enneagram, instincts, NPA, etc. to create 'subtypes' within a socionics type, thus no need for psychosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    I was browsing Russian web searching for the school of system socionics suggested by @silke and discovered the theory
    Have you found their forum? The SSS uses this questionnaire for typing: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Iglit-Elochka created by Irina Iglit who goes by pseudonym of Elochka. You can also get in contact with her through this socionics FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lond...onics/members/

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It's not known in the West, though we've had a few threads about it here created by those who have wandered onto Russian socionics forums. Upon reading about it, it seemed too much like an arbitrary bundle of concepts and terms to warrant looking into it any further. On Russian forums it is used akin to a subtyping system - if you aren't getting along with a dual, it is explained by your psychosophy types not matching. Here we have other typologies like the enneagram, instincts, NPA, etc. to create 'subtypes' within a socionics type, thus no need for psychosophy.
    Interesting approach, I was familiar with the Enneagram and insticts long ago I discovered this psychosophy stuff.
    I think that those are way more complete and give a lot more of exploration field than psychosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Have you found their forum? The SSS uses this questionnaire for typing: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Iglit-Elochka created by Irina Iglit who goes by pseudonym of Elochka. You can also get in contact with her through this socionics FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lond...onics/members/
    I do not have facebook.
    SSS theory seems interesting, and there are a lot of material to study on their forum.
    I did start to fill in the questionnaire but I really struggle with Russian keyboard...
    Questions are quite complicated and besides they ask to illustrate them in examples.
    Given my speed, I will submit it in a couple of months
    I am currently trying the SIMTIM typing, did you try it out?
    Anyhow, thanks for the tip

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did a little research. I'm Einstein (LVEF) lmao

Einstein ILI confirm...??

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do. I'm Berthier (LFEV) and guess I'm an LII by this typing.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."