Thread: Sociotype and the "work hard, play hard" philosophy

Threaded View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    why are you preaching to me like i'm a newb? i've been studying this stuff for 5-6 years now. I know all about what you're saying here, better than you, apparently, considering your overconfidence.

Newb.
    Obviously, you can't prove that my notion is false anymore than I can prove that it's true, anymore than anyone else can prove anything equally as subjective (unless you have some kind of psychology laboratory in your mind...). If you can't understand that , then I'm not going to bother explaining it to you... In other words, it's just purely subjective food for thought... Let's not pretend that I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong, because that's probably not the case, and would obviously be very hard to establish either way anyways...

EDIT: Think of it like detective work:

I think John killed the girl. You think that's dumb; it was Bill. The problem is that these are just theories. Without actually doing the grunt work of checking the scene of the crime, where these people were at the time of the crime, their phone records, etc., then we cannot know who is right and who is wrong; we could both just as easily be wrong. The same rules apply here. And, in our case, it is very hard to prove, because it's not easy to 'check' who is right... Therefore, because of this problem of, say, 'verification', let's not fight about it and just accept our differences...
    Last edited by jason_m; 06-27-2014 at 07:32 AM.