Thread: Deriving joy from fixing and maintaining things

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deriving joy from fixing and maintaining things

This is kind of an 'easy'/simple thread, about ESFjs, and comparing them with myself, INTj. The goal is to seek your comments about the following thoughts - do you agree? Does this make sense?

INTjs do not mind fixing of maintaining something mechanical / logical things, as they get to use logic, specifically logic of structures - how things work. Making something work well is rewarding. Even more so, it is like that bit about how "if you ask an INTj to make a chair for one adult, they will make if strong enough for one adult elephant".

Now, apply this with ethical/emotional situatoins with ESFj.

I think one ESFj I know was really into that -- she sort of 'got off' on cheering people up. I was more melancholy at the time, and she commented how she enjoyed making me feel better. But even something like this -- and it wasn't serious, but sort of for fun (you know what i mean) -- "I sort of hope (person) does make you upset, so that I can cheer you up again!". The point is, that maintaining, and repairing, emotional/ethical relationships is rewarding.

It makes the other person feel useful, and it is "what I do", so to say. It is like asking Shaq if he wouldn't mind dunking a basketball. (Asking him to shoot free throws would probably be like me talking about emotions, with emotion and empathy).

So, does that seem right?

I suppose this is an investigation into duality, but also something about ESFjs that I wasn't quite certain about.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, Fe people love watching me suffer as i drown in F problems while they tell me that my problems are nothing. they smile at me, and I think this smile is more an expression of their pride in being useful than anything else.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    I think this smile is more an expression of their pride in being useful than anything else.
    Sad

But, it's written that Ti people seek the place of the individual.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, Fe people love watching me suffer
    Hmm, that just sounds funny
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I think this smile is more an expression of their pride in being useful than anything else.
    Sad

But, it's written that Ti people seek the place of the individual.
    ? What does that mean?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I interpreted it as compassion
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany