Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si dominants writers and filmmakers

IMO:

SLI
    Agatha Christie
    George Sand (intimate relationship with Flaubert, who's usually typed SEE)

SEI
    Federico Fellini
    Alfred Hitchcock
    O. Henry
    Diana Wynne Jones
    Last edited by xerx; 06-04-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say Agatha Christie.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Steven Spielberg - SLI
    Hitchcock is SLE most probably

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick types George Lucas as SEI. (With Steven Spielberg as ILE)

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola: SEI

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, you need ESP to be a writer confirm final. Aushra Augustinaviciute sed, and she was just following a tradition of Jung who also sed. Confirm final.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alfred Hitchcock seems Ni/Se
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    Sofia Coppola: SEI
    NT

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Anna Ahmatova - ISTP

wrote poetry

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Sorry, you need ESP to be a writer confirm final. Aushra Augustinaviciute sed, and she was just following a tradition of Jung who also sed. Confirm final.
    trying Maritsa style

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    Alfred Hitchcock seems Ni/Se
    I think ILI or IEI. His films are very Ni. I don't know how anybody could think he is SEI.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think ILI or IEI. His films are very Ni. I don't know how anybody could think he is SEI.
    To be fair, lots of older posts kinda have wonky typings. That, and there was a small group that had some strange ideas about Si, spreading that around. Like Stephen King as ESE. As more people grew to get a better idea, so has the whole group on this site (mostly!). So maybe he doesn’t think that now. I mean, when I first started with all this, I typed people that I disagree with now.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, lots of older posts kinda have wonky typings. That, and there were a group that had some strange ideas about Si, spreading that around. Like Stephen King as ESE. As individuals grew to get a better idea, so has the people on the site (mostly!). So maybe he doesn’t think that now. I mean, when I first started with all this, I typed people that I disagree with now.
    I've read some books by Stephen King a long time ago. The first books I read in English. Something about a person travelling across America in a parallell reality. Was very eerie. "The Pet cemetery" and "Misery" (the film) scared the shit out of me. His works have a very unpleasant undertone that I can't explain. Really hauting, gets under your skin. Maybe he is some Ni type. What do you think?

@xerx, so what do you think about Hitchcock now, 13 years later?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I imagine that journalists & critics covering certain niches might be the best place to try and think of Si-dominant writers.

It's easier for me to think of writers and filmmakers who value highly aesthetic style than it is to think of who might be Si-dominant. It doesn't help that I think a lot of correlations between IMs and traits don't actually exist.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read some books by Stephen King a long time ago. The first books I read in English. Something about a person travelling across America in a parallell reality. Was very eerie. "The Pet cemetery" and "Misery" (the film) scared the shit out of me. His works have a very unpleasant undertone that I can't explain. Really hauting, gets under your skin. Maybe he is some Ni type. What do you think?

Sounds like you read 11/22/63! I loved that book. One thing King has said is that he doesn’t like doing the whole romance thing in books, that he’s uncomfortable with it. He seems to be pretty vocal about politics & social missions on social media, though. It makes me think he’s EIE. A passionate intuitive ethical type. But he could be ILI-D, instead, I guess. Actually, ILI-D might make the most sense. But I do think he is Ni, in any case.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Writers are Ni base
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Chow, maybe SEI.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you read 11/22/63! I loved that book. One thing King has said is that he doesn’t like doing the whole romance thing in books, that he’s uncomfortable with it. He seems to be pretty vocal about politics & social missions on social media, though. It makes me think he’s EIE. A passionate intuitive ethical type. But he could be ILI-D, instead, I guess. Actually, ILI-D might make the most sense. But I do think he is Ni, in any case.
    I had to search for it. The book I read was The Talisman. Genre: "Dark fantasy". Very dark indeed. I haven't read him since high school but maybe I should try again. I remember being drawn to something in his stories, but at the same time it was disturbing, and I'm not sure I would enjoy reading him again, but who knows. I'll keep 11/22/63 in mind. Yes, Ni seems likely.

(Jung on Si)

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Stephen Chow, maybe SEI.
    If it involves chow, it is generally

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

ah, ok. That makes sense because you didn’t mention Kennedy in your summary. 11/22/63 isn’t as dark. It’s more ‘nostalgic’, I’d say, than anything, if you don’t like such a dark tone!

(I’m mentioning you instead of quoting since the site is lagging for me so bad today… )
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Stephen Chow - INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Writers are Ni base
    as boxers and bodybuilders by your famouses' listing

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a writing style I like, well, admire, that I associate with si and fi- I notice it in SEE, IEE, SLI, ESE, maybe LSE and my dual a little. Sometimes in the way they speak or write. I notice it in religious language (Christian), in folk songs/ music/ poems and in romantic writing. I can only take it in small doses- and I don’t write in this way myself. When I’ve tried to write poems I can create nice imagery but I can’t do the fancy writing. I like a bit of Taylor Swift, I like the show Outlander (Scottish influenced, set in 1700s, writer is from Arizona/the southwest?) but would find it hard to read the books, I like Welsh and French people but Irish can be a bit intense for me. I have a book of love poems but I don’t read it often- pop music is easier. It’s language that has a lot of depth and soul, articulate, elegant, high minded.

I don’t know an example but a famous quote from Outlander is when Jamie says to Sassenach ‘when the day shall come that we do part, if my last words are not ‘I love you’ ye ken it’s because I did not have time’. swoon etc

it’s kinda serous, slightly old fashioned romantic but not as intense as EIE or Shakespeare or not as sensitive as SEI. I don’t know if I associate it with EII- they are probably capable of it in writing- they seem to be good at a lot of different styles
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 06-11-2023 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure anymore, sadly.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had to search for it. The book I read was The Talisman. Genre: "Dark fantasy". Very dark indeed. I haven't read him since high school but maybe I should try again. I remember being drawn to something in his stories, but at the same time it was disturbing, and I'm not sure I would enjoy reading him again, but who knows. I'll keep 11/22/63 in mind. Yes, Ni seems likely.
    Content is very character driven apparently. Lacks universal theories and such which makes me want to automatically exclude XIE (or an Ne ego as there is no focus on Ne). Given the character focus this makes it very ethical position and it is hard for me to see King anything else than an IEI.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’ve got one.

Marie Kondo. Author of “The Life-Changing Art of Tidying Up”.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanyclaire View Post
    there is a writing style I like, well, admire, that I associate with si and fi- I notice it in SEE, IEE, SLI, ESE, maybe LSE and my dual a little. Sometimes in the way they speak or write. I notice it in religious language (Christian), in folk songs/ music/ poems and in romantic writing. I can only take it in small doses- and I don’t write in this way myself. When I’ve tried to write poems I can create nice imagery but I can’t do the fancy writing. I like a bit of Taylor Swift, I like the show Outlander (Scottish influenced, set in 1700s, writer is from Arizona/the southwest?) but would find it hard to read the books, I like Welsh and French people but Irish can be a bit intense for me. I have a book of love poems but I don’t read it often- pop music is easier. It’s language that has a lot of depth and soul, articulate, elegant, high minded.

I don’t know an example but a famous quote from Outlander is when Jamie says to Sassenach ‘when the day shall come that we do part, if my last words are not ‘I love you’ ye ken it’s because I did not have time’. swoon etc

it’s kinda serous, slightly old fashioned romantic but not as intense as EIE or Shakespeare or not as sensitive as SEI. I don’t know if I associate it with EII- they are probably capable of it in writing- they seem to be good at a lot of different styles
    edit: this is why SLE, SLI (in theory) and SEE are good for me- they have the romance I need, and why i’m friends with the others I mentioned

who says seeing people in images is a bad thing?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boris Pasternak maybe- he did Doctor Zhivago

he certainly looks like he could be SLI. There is an evil character (in the film) who seems LIE too

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stoner, the novel. It’s SEI.