Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Singu You already said that you arrive at the data through intuition. So, yes, you can arrive at data through intuition. There is a difference between explaining the data (reasoning) and explaining how you arrived at the data (in this case, intuition.)

I think your problem is confusing the idea of something with the actual thing. Explaining that you arrived at something through intuition is a form of reasoning, but intuition itself is not reasoning. Intuition is a logical necessity because in order to arrive at anything through reasoning, you have to have something you didn't reason first. And a technicality for anyone who notices: you could have all your data given to you by authority, but in that case the process(es) of reasoning itself would still have to be an intuition. So by definition it's impossible to explain away intuition. I hear a lot of people arguing that you can never really know anything and it's always an argument against direct knowledge a la Kant's tirade against human intuition. I think it's patently wrong that you can never really know anything but maybe it's just the case that they can't really know anything because they don't want to but I can. If they argue that's not the case (good, they get some self-respect) then they know something. Muahahaha.

I think the real question is, knowledge with respect to what? And making purely academic arguments for the sake of what sounds good is a horrible what.
    Last edited by Metamorph; 03-02-2019 at 07:01 AM.