Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
i've overhead the following statement from someone who presumably has Ni as a base function: "i hate driving. whose bright idea it was to put something as fallible as a human being behind a 2 ton construction and allow them to accelerate it up to 70 mph? [local highway speed limit]".

would this be an example of apprehension and anxiety caused by weak Se? at first i thought that they are so nervous about driving due to Se-PoLR, but i've also noticed them spacing out and going into some kind of haze and later attempting to make up for it, which seemed to be strong Ni.

do any of the ILIs or IEIs share this sentiment (also LIIs and EIIs, is this kind of anxiety familiar to you)? does driving at high(er) speeds unsettle you? do/did you feel apprehensive about learning how to drive, owning and operating a car?
I am told that I am an excellent driver and my nickname is "Danica Patrick" when I get behind the wheel. They say it to annoy me mostly. heh I can swerve in and out of traffic easily and I am fast when it comes to avoiding other drivers getting into my lane. I think someone said something similar above...I anticipate the moves of others drivers and get complimented on seeing things coming that others didn't... all the time. I do not like to be in the car with most other drivers. I trust myself way more. There have been times though when I ended up at my destination not remembering the drive there so I do zone out in a sense but that is where my instincts take over, I think. That is when I am alone though. I use the stereo to keep me focused in my body most of the time.

I asked a male 20 year old IEI why he didn't' have his license yet and his response was, "Would you want me behind the wheel?" He then said he didn't feel capable yet because his mind wanders but when he did he would get his license.