Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weak Se and a question about driving

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm far more comfortable with driving when there is no one else on the road. Its when I in drive in town or someplace busy that I get nervous. I even wait for evening hours to go eat out so I have to deal with less people on the road. I'm actually more afraid of getting in accident with someone else and having to confront an asshole then I am about the physical harm of getting in an accident.

I do believe sensors are better drivers, because spacing-out while driving isn't exactly as helpful as taking notice of your surroundings. However, there might be a self-fulfilling prophecy amplifying the difference since ESxx are generally more confident driving more often and thus gain more experience then INxx types. I don't think the value of the sensing functions matter, only the strength does.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I put 100,000 miles on my car and I'm still alive so I must be doing something right.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It ain't so much well a person drives that indicates strong or weak Se. Weaker Se types get more pumped up and stimulated the first few times they drive really fast....to what would be under-stimulating for a stronger Se type and the stronger Se type remains more nonchalant and relaxed. Can they still carry a conversation on casually at higher speeds? Shit like that tells apart the two. Weaker Se types are also much quicker to throw their seat belts on and look squirmy....it's pretty funny to see. You don't have to drive as fast before they start to grip on for dear life. Stronger Se types improvise better when being pursued by cops. Once I was being pursued and saw a side street. never even knew it was there. I only had a flicker of information that there would be a driveway waiting for me perfect. It was like automatic that I turned the car down the street and lo and behold there was that driveway. Pulled into it and shut everything down. The cop sped right by me. hehe. In a street race, a rule of thumb is that a v4 in the hands of a SLE drives like a v8 in the hands of an INFj. One afternoon, I raced home a v6 in a v4....it was mainly on the highway with a designated end point into the city. naturally he had the advantage given all things equal but it wasn't equal when you take reckless driving into account....I turned a typically hour ride into much much less and didn't get any tickets....you couldn't push that V4 any further.

The same applies to any activity....if I were to rob a bank I'd only bring in people with strong Se to do on the ground stuff. in high school I used to have this scam I would do all the time on the big franchise clothing stores to make some quick money. It worked better with more than one person so I brought along a childhood friend but also to cut him in on my little score. I always put out the disclaimer that hanging around with me can get you in trouble. He was weak in Se. All I had him do was go into the dressing room and remove the ink censor. I had come up with a way for removing it using nothing more than a butter knife. Heh, see what happened was I bought something once and they forgot to remove the ink censor. where there's a will there's a way. I even supplied the butter knife. He had to have been in there for ten minutes, then comes out of the dressing room with this look on his face. I went in there pissed off and saw that he had completely fumbled it up. He looked like he'd been in there with a ghost. "I can't do it! I can't do it!" he cried. I told him to get out. I had it done in a minute. heh

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE driving! But the exam was...horrible. Those shitheads calling themselves driving testers(I guess-not your instructor, but the one that drives around and makes big money) however...horrible. They always pick the worst route possible. And if you find a safer way or more economic way or whatever, who cares. Their will be done. I hate that line of thinking. I HATE HATE HATE that line of thinking. Instead of "Get me from A to Z" it's "now turn here, now turn there, ...(you have to figure it out by signs when he's silent), now park, well gosh darn!". It took me 5 tries and a total of THREE THOUSAND EURO! Fking shit!

But I LOVE it now. I always drive by the rules, let others overtake me(it's city, what's the rush ?) and overall act like I'm driving a 10T Panztiger, not a 1,5T car. I am very careful and very observant. Even when I don't start quite right(so then car like hiccups), I am dissatisfied. Not that it happens a lot, but hey! It must happen even to Lewis Hamilton! Everyone says that my driving is quite boring, but also 110% comfortable. I don't know about the order of my IEs, but I know that S IEs are strong. It's far more likely that Se is a creative than it's for Si to be a programme, but wth. I am open to possibilities.

But do I love to switch into 5th? ...I'm an S! What do you think? That's the like the best gear!

Which part of driving is the worst for me? Stopping/parking for sure. Especially if backwards with turns attached. See, I have this strange phenomenon where I think like in Maths. I don't quite realise that the car will go the way I turn the wheel. Nope. I keep thinking it'll go the opposite way due to me going backwards, hence - sign hence -left = right. That's sound in maths, but if you've ever driven a car...you'll just know the size of those bollocks.

I also HIGHLY, but REALLY HIGHLY dislike doing two things at once. I can't imagine myself yammering on a phone while driving. That'd be a situation of a REAL HIGH RISK. I can talk, I can pay attention to even more than two passengers while driving. But doing two physical things while driving? FORGET IT! Too much risk!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    I LOVE driving! But the exam was...horrible. Those shitheads calling themselves driving testers(I guess-not your instructor, but the one that drives around and makes big money) however...horrible. They always pick the worst route possible. And if you find a safer way or more economic way or whatever, who cares. Their will be done. I hate that line of thinking. I HATE HATE HATE that line of thinking. Instead of "Get me from A to Z" it's "now turn here, now turn there, ...(you have to figure it out by signs when he's silent), now park, well gosh darn!". It took me 5 tries and a total of THREE THOUSAND EURO! Fking shit!

But I LOVE it now. I always drive by the rules, let others overtake me(it's city, what's the rush ?) and overall act like I'm driving a 10T Panztiger, not a 1,5T car. I am very careful and very observant. Even when I don't start quite right(so then car like hiccups), I am dissatisfied. Not that it happens a lot, but hey! It must happen even to Lewis Hamilton! Everyone says that my driving is quite boring, but also 110% comfortable. I don't know about the order of my IEs, but I know that S IEs are strong. It's far more likely that Se is a creative than it's for Si to be a programme, but wth. I am open to possibilities.

But do I love to switch into 5th? ...I'm an S! What do you think? That's the like the best gear!

Which part of driving is the worst for me? Stopping/parking for sure. Especially if backwards with turns attached. See, I have this strange phenomenon where I think like in Maths. I don't quite realise that the car will go the way I turn the wheel. Nope. I keep thinking it'll go the opposite way due to me going backwards, hence - sign hence -left = right. That's sound in maths, but if you've ever driven a car...you'll just know the size of those bollocks.

I also HIGHLY, but REALLY HIGHLY dislike doing two things at once. I can't imagine myself yammering on a phone while driving. That'd be a situation of a REAL HIGH RISK. I can talk, I can pay attention to even more than two passengers while driving. But doing two physical things while driving? FORGET IT! Too much risk!
    Yes, you are an S
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    It ain't so much well a person drives that indicates strong or weak Se. Weaker Se types get more pumped up and stimulated the first few times they drive really fast....to what would be under-stimulating for a stronger Se type and the stronger Se type remains more nonchalant and relaxed. Can they still carry a conversation on casually at higher speeds? Shit like that tells apart the two. Weaker Se types are also much quicker to throw their seat belts on and look squirmy....it's pretty funny to see. You don't have to drive as fast before they start to grip on for dear life. Stronger Se types improvise better when being pursued by cops. Once I was being pursued and saw a side street. never even knew it was there. I only had a flicker of information that there would be a driveway waiting for me perfect. It was like automatic that I turned the car down the street and lo and behold there was that driveway. Pulled into it and shut everything down. The cop sped right by me. hehe. In a street race, a rule of thumb is that a v4 in the hands of a SLE drives like a v8 in the hands of an INFj. One afternoon, I raced home a v6 in a v4....it was mainly on the highway with a designated end point into the city. naturally he had the advantage given all things equal but it wasn't equal when you take reckless driving into account....I turned a typically hour ride into much much less and didn't get any tickets....you couldn't push that V4 any further.

The same applies to any activity....if I were to rob a bank I'd only bring in people with strong Se to do on the ground stuff. in high school I used to have this scam I would do all the time on the big franchise clothing stores to make some quick money. It worked better with more than one person so I brought along a childhood friend but also to cut him in on my little score. I always put out the disclaimer that hanging around with me can get you in trouble. He was weak in Se. All I had him do was go into the dressing room and remove the ink censor. I had come up with a way for removing it using nothing more than a butter knife. Heh, see what happened was I bought something once and they forgot to remove the ink censor. where there's a will there's a way. I even supplied the butter knife. He had to have been in there for ten minutes, then comes out of the dressing room with this look on his face. I went in there pissed off and saw that he had completely fumbled it up. He looked like he'd been in there with a ghost. "I can't do it! I can't do it!" he cried. I told him to get out. I had it done in a minute. heh
    I love your Ti here
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Petty crime shoplifting is not Se related. You childhood friend had no practice removing the ink strainer with butter knives, so you sent him in to do something he wasn't trained to do.

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my (EDIT: Not sure of my grandmother's type between LSI-Ti and ESI-Fi) maternal grandmother didn't like driving (her coordination was never good) and she gave up and my EIE-Ni maternal grandfather was always good at driving, but their EIE-Ni daughter was not, but she drove anyway--she never seemed to me to have noticed what she was physically doing and she didn't care and she always said how good she was at everything when she sucked--she was extremely narcissistic.

I'd think that ILE-Ti and LSI-Se would be excellent at driving, and Ni subtypes of Ni egos would be the worst.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-22-2023 at 07:35 PM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Driving much relates to control of physical objects and distance in objective sense - Se. The skill for common conditions is not hard and is trained as any mediocre requirement. Where N types should study some harder, to do more efforts.
    Base N have weakest S. Base Ne should have the most problems, as it's weakest and non-valued.

As many other it's the talk about average for types. Not only Jung types may influence and concrete people may have the difference from types trends.
    Real skills are goten by a training, anyway. With more training N type may drive better than S.
    Among best drivers should be more of S types.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly hated driving because I'm afraid of getting into car accidents. One has to be extremely observant of their surroundings to be a good driver, and being observant of my surroundings isn't my strength. If I were to drive, there is a high chance that I'll crash into the trees/people/other vehicles because I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.
    Moreover, I have dependents to look after, if I crashed the car and ended up dying from it, my elderly parents will have nobody to look after them.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

driving is honestly kind of fun to me, mostly because i get to choose the speed of the car and there is a certain sanctity in being in your own car with selected people and selected music. when people drive recklessly/quickly i usually will comment on it. i think to some extent it's a matter of not being suicidal.
    i prefer trains and busses, but i don't get to use them much.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silent driver and I'm 100% focused on the road and other people. I hate music and people talking loud. I'm pretty much an old person (moderate speed, follows the rulebook by heart, prefers dirt roads over highways).

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Milk View Post
    Silent driver and I'm 100% focused on the road and other people. I hate music and people talking loud. I'm pretty much an old person (moderate speed, follows the rulebook by heart, prefers dirt roads over highways).
    nice avatar, you played omori before?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    nice avatar, you played omori before?
    Sadly I've only watched gameplays. I'm investing in a PC soon, though. I've seen your avatar once before, it's an album cover correct?

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Milk View Post
    Sadly I've only watched gameplays. I'm investing in a PC soon, though. I've seen your avatar once before, it's an album cover correct?
    Hope you get it soon!

It was the cover of twillight by BOA, changed it again, I can't commit with avatars I swear.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an endurance driver, I can drive say 8-10 hours straight without stopping. I only drive fast on motorways, otherwise too afraid of accidents (however on motorways i do drive really fast). I get a lot of speed tickets for violations of say 3-4 kmh, geez...
    Se types have a completely different style than me, like my ESI wife she hates driving long distance but has a kind of sporty driving over short distances. Whereas I'm more stable-boring in my driving style. I'm sufficiently calm under extreme conditions (heavy snow or rain). Some S type friends are much better drivers, but they panic more easily in extreme conditions - could be N vs S difference.
    Also S types care much more about the veichle - for me, in extreme conditions, I'll just think - ok we're driving slowly, even if we bump somewhere the car will just have some scratches. Whereas say some LSI or ESI or SLI will do anything to avoid scratches due to some weird emotional attachment to physical objects, some combination of excessive Se Fi Si. (Just like some ENxx may spend extreme efforts for some far fetched idea) Car factories aren't up to 100% production anyway, even if we total the car we're doing them a favour.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234