Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intertype Dilemma

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    Apparently I've been sending mixed signals like crap and he didn't know what to make of it. But, man. Maybe he's got Aspergers or something. LSI =autism. You have to have a disease to think someone is not interested when they tell you they like 3 other guys just as much as they like you.
    What a dumb thing to say to someone you're hoping to form a monogamous relationship with.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You have to have a disease to think someone is not interested when they tell you they like 3 other guys just as much as they like you.
    In terms of quadra values ...I think Gamma has a much more healthy and practical view of relationships, in general. No time wasted playing games, teasing and testing or 'tormenting' the other unless they know there's something "internal" to back up the whole thing.
    i wish this was true. in any case you've more or less told him he has 3 other guys to compete with, which to me is game playing and "tormenting."

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to have a disease to think someone is not interested when they tell you they like 3 other guys just as much as they like you.
    What the hell? If some guy told me that he liked 3 other girls just as much as he liked me - I'd say, "Bye. Have fun with them. Asshole." And yeah, imo someone is clearly NOT all that interested in me if they like 3 other girls just as much. That's not a disease, it's common sense.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    What a dumb thing to say to someone you're hoping to form a monogamous relationship with.
    I'm not hoping that, it's only your assumption.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    What the hell? If some guy told me that he liked 3 other girls just as much as he liked me - I'd say, "Bye. Have fun with them. Asshole." And yeah, imo someone is clearly NOT all that interested in me if they like 3 other girls just as much. That's not a disease, it's common sense.
    lol. chill. And how am I supposed to see exactly what LSI is about huh? I think I'm free to juggle my own methods and forms of teasing. Anyway the "confusion" the dude talked about is a large part of what he needs as an "Aggressor" ..he has to periodically make some show of force and 'conquer' his position in relation to a partner, naturally. Which most likely I know better than him, cause for some good insight in folks' subconscious you usually need Ni or Ne.

And as a response to lungs' words : the 'tormenting' and more or less serious game-playing is part of Beta toolkit anyway, LSI likes it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. chill. And how am I supposed to see exactly what LSI is about huh? I think I'm free to juggle my own methods and forms of teasing. Anyway the "confusion" the dude talked about is a large part of what he needs as an "Aggressor" ..he has to periodically make some show of force and 'conquer' his position in relation to a partner, naturally. Which most likely I know better than him, cause for some good insight in folks' subconscious you usually need Ni or Ne.

And as a response to lungs' words : the 'tormenting' and more or less serious game-playing is part of Beta toolkit anyway, LSI likes it.
    You're simply full of shit. I suggest you to go for neither of the two guys, it'd be better for both of them.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're simply full of shit. I suggest you to go for neither of the two guys, it'd be better for both of them.
    ... says the expert in human character and relationships :-). Fuck off and let people be.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can honourably continue with both, but you should be transparent by stating you are finding it difficult to resolve the quandary to both parties. They then have the right to react as they see fitting. Otherwise you haven't been honest and will view yourself with lower regard as you continue with these potential partners.

Its sometimes fitting and appropriate to reconcile that you may have got stuck in Analysis Paralysis.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

where the fuck do you all people live, in a village in the bottom of a forest?! There are many relationship forms quite publicly and freely accepted nowadays. And it's a personal choice after all. I hate the idea of commitment to one person if it's not something deep and authentic. And I'm starting to see quite clearly it's the LSI I'm more into as things develop. All this stuff with both is still in a quite incipient stage of dating/relating anyway. Never mind. I've found the best place and ppl for such discussion obviously.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so friendly.

It's a choice between two (or more) partners who both have to make a personal choice which requires a certain degree of openness and trust to function. However, if you wish to avoid that reality, then my original statement is quite relevant.

I'm glad we had this talk.

May your Analysis Paralysis abate.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

for me the "analysis" was over after I saw more reactions from the guys. But obviously some bunch of good-willed intelligent moralists on a socionics forum thought it wise to go on a discussion for some reasons.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me the "analysis" was over after I saw more reactions from the guys. But obviously some bunch of good-willed intelligent moralists on a socionics forum thought it wise to go on a discussion for some reasons.
    Oh, that's just the assholes on this forum.

I realised after several months that it's not worth getting upset because it is like being angry that engines whirr, gears turn, or that the sun rises in the morning.

Dogs go bark, cats go meow, no-one knows what the fox says and the16types.info forum members assume what you think without you indicating it or by stating your position is directly in opposition to what you have indicated.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No u opened the discussion not us.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No u opened the discussion not us.
    and did u read the title. i opened a talk from a fucking "socionics approach" - 2 intertype rel. allegedly problematic or double-edged. i should have talked to my grandma or gone to church to get some morality-and -convention check.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and did u read the title. i opened a talk from a fucking "socionics approach" - 2 intertype rel. allegedly problematic or double-edged. i should have talked to my grandma or gone to church to get some morality-and -convention check.
    Well that's a complex one because I don't believe intertype relations identify relationship compatibility; more the 'ease of information exchange' (sic. information can be both positive and negative). I don't think I would want to use Socionics 'in anger' to try to prioritise partners.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Well that's a complex one because I don't believe intertype relations identify relationship compatibility; more the 'ease of information exchange' (sic. information can be both positive and negative). I don't think I would want to use Socionics 'in anger' to try to prioritise partners.
    "in anger" ..? was this Fe polr, Te base or what exactly? or just plain BS. All the communication that this thread has sunk into only proves what a "golden rule" Socionics is: a bunch of folks I'm sort of neutral or indifferent towards have started moralizing and throwing shit as trophies on the altar of "socionics intertype relationships".

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@AshSun: Don't get mad if we tell you you're being stupid. If you can't hack it, don't ask.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@AshSun: Don't get mad if we tell you you're being stupid. If you can't hack it, don't ask.
    Narc, feel free to massage your ego with whatever socionico-lingo you want. You're way beneath me in terms of achievement and intellectual potential, don't worry. It's visible. You HAVE to bullshit around, you can't help it. That makes you weak .

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Narc, feel free to massage your ego with whatever socionico-lingo you want. You're way beneath me in terms of achievement and intellectual potential, don't worry. It's visible. You HAVE to bullshit around, you can't help it. That makes you weak .
    If you think someone has Aspergers because they're not responding well to you telling them you're interested in three other guys, I don't think you can make any claims of intellectual superiority over anyone on this forum.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you think someone has Aspergers because they're not responding well to you telling them you're interested in three other guys, I don't think you can make any claims of intellectual superiority over anyone on this forum.
    Too bad that's what you think. It lacks any kind of subtlety and you obviously don't have any grasp on humor. Let alone distinct types of it. You sound like a piece of wood when saying this. Too bad, cause for a while I didn't find what you said totally simplistic.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Too bad that's what you think. It lacks any kind of subtlety and you obviously don't have any grasp on humor. Let alone distinct types of it. You sound like a piece of wood when saying this. Too bad, cause for a while I didn't find what you said totally simplistic.
    lol awwwwww

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol awwwwww
    don't waste your time, baby. It's hard to make someone think they're stupid when they're not

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

don't waste your time, baby. It's hard to make someone think they're stupid when they're not
    Okay chriscorey. You go keep having fun in the sandbox, then.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay chriscorey. You go keep having fun in the sandbox, then.
    go find yourself a goal different from me . ok?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ moving my comment. wtf.... .... you're kind of crazy.... like scary crazy.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    lol @ moving my comment. wtf.... .... you're kind of crazy.... like scary crazy.
    you clearly haven't had an orgasm for a while. but yeah ...they moved our passionate conversation against my will. scary

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't converse with blackburry or Narc while sober, so definitely not me. I'm not sure if insult or compliment. :/
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AshSun

If you want shit to progress, go LSI. The cool/reserved nature will melt away once trust sets in.

Even if LSI plays slight games don't play them back. (Hypocritical I know) If they see you wavering in interest they will most likely back off.

Though after reading some of your responses in regards to telling him you like three others....O.o If I were him I'd be running for the hills.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    @AshSun

If you want shit to progress, go LSI. The cool/reserved nature will melt away once trust sets in.

Even if LSI plays slight games don't play them back. (Hypocritical I know) If they see you wavering in interest they will most likely back off.

Though after reading some of your responses in regards to telling him you like three others....O.o If I were him I'd be running for the hills.
    I sense he's been trying both to test me via "Se" (boundaries, strength ..) and at the same time to let some tone of trust and reliability set in. It can be an interesting contradiction, but not easy to push through smoothly. I have the impression that the exact thing you described in the Beta Quadra as a sexual preference with this man also takes place at the level of the whole personality and interaction: "a long and slow courtship dance of mental fortitude and aggression; posturing. Manipulation, cornering, and taking control of the other person.". So the thing got stale for a while, because obviously I responded to what I saw as "games" my way. I took his reserve as "oh, he just wants me to pursue him". As I've already said here, he opened up when I stated that he's very close to what I want etc. --- this was after he made a "fake takeaway" move. Basically he cornered me with his Se creative a bit to make me set or show the actual emotional tone in the relationship. At this point it seems funny.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, you seem more interested in the LSI, so id say choose him and commit to the choice, then youre better off forgetting the other 3 options while you see what happens with you and LSI. benefit doesn't sound like the most fulfilling relationship neither does miror but apparently benefits great fun in the go for it 100% but don't settle if you're not happy at some point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12