Thread: Please help me nail down my right type! (Video and Questionnaire included for your typing pleasure)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched first half of the video, not sure. You seem quite mellow and some things you say might suggest Ti > Te valuing. And you're not alpha.

Have you taken some tests?

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Sorry I got distracted and didn't see video yet but I will watch it tonight.
    Ahh sure, no problem at all. Very curious to hear what you think based on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Watched first half of the video, not sure. You seem quite mellow and some things you say might suggest Ti > Te valuing. And you're not alpha.

Have you taken some tests?

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx
    I think that the video really captures how I come off in a natural and comfortable setting. It is a pretty good example of how I interact. Interesting that you say that you are sure that I am not an Alpha, since I have been video typed that before (Based on other videos though).

I honestly think I have tried every test there is, several times in fact. And I have gotten many different results.
    I am very unreliable when it comes to personality tests, as I will subconsciously answer what I want to be or relate most to in the current moment, rather than what I generally am. I think it's because I understand myself through contexts rather than just having a fixed perspective on how I am and what I value. I will often be able to answer the questions without much difficulty, but I will think of a situation where I displayed the given behaviour, and I am thereby automatically able to justify most answers, since I can easily interepret the questions to fit a currently valued behaviour (Could perhaps point towards a "dynamic" personality?).

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    I honestly think I have tried every test there is, several times in fact. And I have gotten many different results.
    I am very unreliable when it comes to personality tests, as I will subconsciously answer what I want to be or relate most to in the current moment, rather than what I generally am. I think it's because I understand myself through contexts rather than just having a fixed perspective on how I am and what I value. I will often be able to answer the questions without much difficulty, but I will think of a situation where I displayed the given behaviour, and I am thereby automatically able to justify most answers, since I can easily interepret the questions to fit a currently valued behaviour (Could perhaps point towards a "dynamic" personality?).
    I understand. But let me put it this way. Take the 2 tests I pointed out and post your results here. Feel free to ascribe your own context where none is provided.

Then, for more accurate assessment, try to find Hugo's test (link to a working version should be somewhere on this forum), post those results, and elaborate on your answers if you want.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I understand. But let me put it this way. Take the 2 tests I pointed out and post your results here. Feel free to ascribe your own context where none is provided.

Then, for more accurate assessment, try to find Hugo's test (link to a working version should be somewhere on this forum), post those results, and elaborate on your answers if you want.
    Sure, will do. I have taken the first test a bunch of times before. I have tested EII, LII once, IEI & ILE from what I can remember. I have taken the second test twice, but I do not remember my results.
    Got: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/13273
    Curiously, I took the test again afterwards and got this result (Those sliders...): http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/13282

I got the following result in the other test (Today is an EII-day for me it seems):
    INFJ(Dostoyevsky) - 270
    INTJ(Robespierre) - 265
    INFP(Yesenin) - 225

Hugos test was very short and easy to answer for me as I had a clear preference in most of the questions asked, so I don't really feel the need to elaborate on those. It gave me:
    Your proposed types are:

INFp, N subtype

OR

INFj, N subtype

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like you always score high on Ne, and you seem like too much of a stubborn pothead to be anything but an NF.

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    Hugos test was very short and easy to answer for me as I had a clear preference in most of the questions asked, so I don't really feel the need to elaborate on those.
    Can you list your answers, please?

Then, could you try picking one from the following?

That is manifested as a skepticism and dislike for basing your beliefs, arguments, and actions on external sources of information. For instance, this individual will rather trust the expertise of someone who seems to have hands-on experience, even if limited, than of someone who demonstrates to have read many books on the same subject. They will base their opinions and views on their own personal insights and be, again, skeptical of "second-hand" factual information that contradicts it. "Don't trust everything you read" is a typical sneer of this function, especially when applied to sources of information otherwise seen as neutral and reliable, such as encyclopedias and handbooks.

Another manifestation is a dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and factual accuracy of statements made; statements are made according to input from other functions, not from double-checks against external facts which are seen as of lesser relevance to the issue at hand. Types with this function lack confidence in their ability to find relevant information in outside sources.

The individual is attracted to people seen as knowledgeable, as well as truthful and willing to share that knowledge, in matters seen as interesting and useful to the individual towards achieving productivity and efficiency. Reliable information rather than the finished analysis is what attracts the individual; facts and explanations, not answers limited to the conclusions. For the same reason, the individual avoids people who are inclined to give out unreliable or simply untruthful information.

The individual tends to neglect to think about the productivity of his actions and unconsciously relies on others to give him directions and advice about the best, most productive ways of doing things. He has difficulties measuring how much work he has done, whether it is sufficient, and how much it is actually worth. The individual admires people who are aware of the productivity of their actions and are always trying to do something rational and worthwhile.