Thread: Please help me nail down my right type! (Video and Questionnaire included for your typing pleasure)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    Do I come off as an IEI?
    No. You come off as EII.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    No. You come off as EII.
    Interesting. Can you elaborate on why that is?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    Interesting. Can you elaborate on why that is?
    I don't have much time right now, but the basic idea is the following. The focus in your writing is on understating people, their deeper feelings, behavior and potential, on relationships and ethics (Fi). You're theoretical (Ne), psychology over philosophy (loosely Ne > Ni), skeptical of hierarchies concerning social power and status (Se), and you want/try to be as open-minded and accepting (of diversity, multiple POVs, etc.) as possible (Ne). You express your biggest weakness to be practicality (in a consistent Te way) and welcome assistance in this area. I didn't watch the video, though I may see it later.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I don't have much time right now, but the basic idea is the following. The focus in your writing is on understating people, their deeper feelings, behavior and potential, on relationships and ethics (Fi). You're theoretical (Ne), psychology over philosophy (loosely Ne > Ni), skeptical of hierarchies concerning social power and status (Se), and you want/try to be as open-minded and accepting (of diversity, multiple POVs, etc.) as possible (Ne). You express your biggest weakness to be practicality (in a consistent Te way) and welcome assistance in this area. I didn't watch the video, though I may see it later.
    Thank you! Just the kind of reply I have been looking for.
    What you are saying really makes a lot of sense, and is completely true (Though Philosphy and psychology are almost 50/50 for me). The EII descriptions in general are kind hit/miss for me though. Some (Like the one on sociotype.com) seem completely spot on, whereas others (Usually the ones stretching the harsh ethical judgements and the logical weakness) don't describe me at all. I would view myself as somewhat of a moral relativist who naturally seeks to understand behaviour rather than judging it. And logic in it's pure form is something I am very capable of. Rationally and logically defending and explaining my beliefs is natural to me. I also love deconstructing arguments in general, in a rethoric sense.

Aylen: Ahh, I see. Very interesting! For some reason, I had never considered a band to be a beta enviroment, though it doesn make sense when thinking about it. I obviously love band enviroments and most of my friends are musicians. I even made a video back in the day (I was visually typed LII) about finding it difficult to accept having Se as my PoLR, since I really valued the playful aggression that exists in the metal scene (Which seems very Se to me), and didn't react negatively to it at all. A lot of my friends joke with me being the first death metal psychologist, because I have this calm, nice and accepting demeanor, but at the same time, love brutal music, going to concerts and losing myself in the atmosphere.
    Perhaps I should reconsider how I view that quadra and the type...
    Last edited by SSAJacobsen; 04-02-2014 at 02:50 AM.