Thread: Please help me nail down my right type! (Video and Questionnaire included for your typing pleasure)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    Hmmm, I have considered the type, but relate really badly to the beta quadra. Do I come off as an IEI?
    yes dunno
    not all ieis are bitches of stronger betas although most of them are
    guess i have to watch that vid

Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    yes dunno
    not all ieis are bitches of stronger betas although most of them are
    guess i have to watch that vid
    It's quite long and forces you to bear with my silly accent as well though. But if I had to comment on the NiFe beta values:

• Beta types tend to enjoy group activities where the whole group participates in generating a common emotional atmosphere, as in laughing at jokes, etc.
      -This actually seems okay.
    • Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
      -I dislike this, as I don't just want affirmation in my beliefs. I value diversity a lot, and love friendly constructive discussions of beliefs as well as nuanced questioning of them. I also very rarely get openly passionate about my beliefs, as I try to keep personal emotions out of debates to remain more objective. In fact, the more I disagree, the more cold and detached I become.
      I can be quite inspired by people displaying this behaviour though, like an EIE lecturer whom I ended up regarding as a hero.
    • Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.
      -Nope. I am not that expressive, even though I can be warm.
    • Beta types tend to describe personal views of special meaning with "poetic" or "dramatic" expressions and language.
      -I believe try to describe my views in a more detached manner usually, and only become dramatic if it's something I feel strongly about.
    • Beta types are often deeply concerned about social issues and the direction the world is heading. They believe that apathy is a significant cause of societal problems, and work to fight against it.
      -That may be true for me, to some degree at least.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    It's quite long and forces you to bear with my silly accent as well though. But if I had to comment on the NiFe beta values:

• Beta types tend to enjoy group activities where the whole group participates in generating a common emotional atmosphere, as in laughing at jokes, etc.
      -This actually seems okay.
    • Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
      -I dislike this, as I don't just want affirmation in my beliefs. I value diversity a lot, and love friendly constructive discussions of beliefs as well as nuanced questioning of them. I also very rarely get openly passionate about my beliefs, as I try to keep personal emotions out of debates to remain more objective. In fact, the more I disagree, the more cold and detached I become.
      I can be quite inspired by people displaying this behaviour though, like an EIE lecturer whom I ended up regarding as a hero.
    • Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.
      -Nope. I am not that expressive, even though I can be warm.
    • Beta types tend to describe personal views of special meaning with "poetic" or "dramatic" expressions and language.
      -I believe try to describe my views in a more detached manner usually, and only become dramatic if it's something I feel strongly about.
    • Beta types are often deeply concerned about social issues and the direction the world is heading. They believe that apathy is a significant cause of societal problems, and work to fight against it.
      -That may be true for me, to some degree at least.
    I am going to watch your video in awhile because you did register a couple blips on my IEI detector.
    I relate to the bolded parts and I am sure of my type. I also relate to a lot of what you say in your questionnaire though I word things differently. I feel IEI's are more open to a diverse group than most other types. I would rather be in a mixed group anyway to experience lots of different personalities. In person I am a bit more controlled when giving my perspective than I am here.

and this I relate to the most and I have hung out with musicians of all genres and any type of death metal is so Beta, to me. A lot of bands feel beta to me and there is an, often unspoken, hierarchy that is respected. Usually the singer and lead guitarists are at the top. It's just how it is, usually and there is also an air of aristocracy in those circles. I have been an "insider" on the music scene and I know how they talk about "outsiders". I don't see anything in what you say that would make you not beta.

· Music: I simply love music. I am a singer in a symphonic death metal band. I also play the bass.
    On this part I completely agree with Severina
    not all ieis are bitches of stronger betas
    Welcome if I haven't said it in another thread.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW