Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me nail down my right type! (Video and Questionnaire included for your typing pleasure)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammers see nails everywhere. Are you sure you wish to present yourself as a nail?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Hammers see nails everywhere. Are you sure you wish to present yourself as a nail?
    Are you refering to socionics or the betas as being the "hammers" here?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSAJacobsen View Post
    Are you refering to socionics or the betas as being the "hammers" here?
    I'm referring to the typing people.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Sometimes you get banged other times you get nailed...

sorry SSA, I couldn't help myself. Forgive me?

Tra la la la trollin', I am...yoda style!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I'm referring to the typing people.
    Ahh well, don't worry. Typology is only a hobby for me. I think both the MBTI and socionics are actually quite invalid (but fun) tools in determining the nuances of your personality.
    That said, introspection does next to nothing for me, since my understanding of myself can change depending on my current mood and situation, so I guess I'll have to rely on other peoples opinions on this, since I am quite unreliable. The problem is not really that I don't understand myself though, but rather that I don't understand myself in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Sometimes you get banged other times you get nailed...

sorry SSA, I couldn't help myself. Forgive me?

Tra la la la trollin', I am...yoda style!

I'm being banged and nailed!? Stop treating me like a piece of meat! I HAVE FEELINGS YOU KNOW!?
    Seriously though, your comment made me laugh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'm being banged and nailed!? Stop treating me like a piece of meat! I HAVE FEELINGS YOU KNOW!?
    Seriously though, your comment made me laugh.

Meat... on the hook...hmm

And our credo, "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"..."We gladly feast on those who would subdue us". Not just pretty words.
    Wednesday, play with your food!
    Heh, I am delirious. I only had a couple hours sleep because of a WEIRD dream... which is reflected in this post.

[Please feel free to troll my threads whenever you want. This is a notice of my explicit agreement to being trolled. You will face no retribution.On that note "Free Absurd 2014". The Passion is Real!]
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-09-2014 at 02:34 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Meat... on the hook...hmm

Heh, I am delirious. I only had a couple hours sleep because of a WEIRD dream... which is reflected in this post.

[Please feel free to troll my threads whenever you want. This is a notice of my explicit agreement to being trolled. You will face no retribution.On that note "Free Absurd 2014". The Passion is Real!]
    Yeah, one of these weird metaphors that I never really understood the logic behind (Who would have sex with a piece of meat?), but always found funny.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, one of these weird metaphors that I never really understood the logic behind (Who would have sex with a piece of meat?), but always found funny.

Yeah, riiight??? Sounds unsanitary. You might get mad cow or something.

Edited to unstick that from my head.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-10-2014 at 11:06 PM.

YWIMW

Right, to get this thread back on track, I'd say that the possible types, thanks to great analysis (Especially by Park) have been narrowed down to EII & IEI (And I will personally include ILE as well, just to be sure. I have been typed as that quite a few times in the past).
    So my next question would be: How should I move on from here? Should I answer some more questions in either written form, or in a video? Or is there a third or fourth option?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my next question would be: How should I move on from here? Should I answer some more questions in either written form, or in a video? Or is there a third or fourth option?
    I believe I already answered that.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Next step would be to read up on other types and relationship dynamics, try to see yourself in relation to other types (which judging from the way you've presented yourself should not be that hard for you) and decide where you fit better.
    In other words, give it time.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like fiddling with tests, check out this cool Sociotypograph.

If you feel like getting "deeper," given your theoretical inclinations, you can go back to the roots and find Jung's original contributions. Get familiar with his research, read his original cognitive functions definitions and observations, and see where this all began. Then you could investigate the Russians and how they came up with Socionics.

Btw, ILE seems unreasonable for you because you've expressed confidence in dealing with inter-personal matters and being attentive to personal ethics and moral attributes, which goes directly against Fi PoLR.
    Last edited by Park; 04-11-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I believe I already answered that.

In other words, give it time.
    Ah yes, I must have missed that. Thank you! So basically I should try to understand the different types, and see which ones I would "naturally" get along with (Or just analyse the hell out of my friends, and see what types are presented there). And of course read more up on the theory (Though I wonder how much more is possible, since I've read quite a lot by now, even some original Jung).
    Again, thanks for all the help. Appreciate it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ah yes, I must have missed that. Thank you! So basically I should try to understand the different types, and see which ones I would "naturally" get along with (Or just analyse the hell out of my friends, and see what types are presented there). And of course read more up on the theory (Though I wonder how much more is possible, since I've read quite a lot by now, even some original Jung).
    Again, thanks for all the help. Appreciate it.
    Well you know what I vote.

YWIMW

TIM
    N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe isfj. Introverted. Feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12