0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

6 8.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of the types have you ever seriously considered as possible for yourself?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started with one and was all too sure of it, but it was proven to be wrong. Now I'm more circumspect about it and am considering 4-5 possible types.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered ESI and EII, although EII only for brief periods of time.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    ILI, EII, IEI.
    Same here with ILI, IEI and EII. Well, I first mistyped as INTJ in MBTI and eventually realized myself, as well as with the input of others I interacted with, that I could be MBTI INFJ. One friend who wrote blogs on MBTI thought MBTI INFP but his reasoning was horrible (he said I had Pish humor and seemed more authentic than people-pleasing). I still considered it since I was apparently wrong before and tried to better understand the differences. Eventually I looked into other theories to help me and became a lot more sure of IEI after getting into Socionics. Socionics has a lot more structure to it so it was easier for me to type myself. I have speculated briefly on other types although I only seriously considered three and mistyped once.

EDIT: I guess, technically, I only seriously considered IEI for Socionics. At most I looked into EII but nah.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's a max. of 6 that I considered possible. I've never considered ESE, SEI, ILE, LII, SEE, SLE, LIE, LSE, IEE, SLI.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

3: IEI, EII and EIE.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two types seriously, and one other cursively.

Then I met people who saved me, brought me back to life, showed me how to laugh again. I don't want to be this type, but the intertypes cannot be denied.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post

EDIT: I guess, technically, I only seriously considered IEI for Socionics. At most I looked into EII but nah.
    Technically, I guess I only seriously considered IEI. The others felt oh so wrong. I have no doubt now but I will still jokingly type myself SLE or EIE.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI and LIE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    IEI and LIE
    And also EIE and ILI right ?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For myself, I believe I've considered the 5 types by various differing arguments.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divergentwacey View Post
    I don't want to be this type, but the intertypes cannot be denied.
    Which type are you, if you don't mind me asking ?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    101 or 110
    Only 10 for me.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    And also EIE and ILI right ?
    Oh yeah. Those too. But I've ruled those out now.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII, IEI, ILI, and perhaps EII.

I didn't realize I was so all over the place (one from every quadra).
    Last edited by nil; 07-08-2014 at 05:23 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we all confused EIE?

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Fi- and Se-phobic like hell so INTj and ENTp. This one time I thought ISTp and then I read the description.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

ILI and lately IEI mostly.
    Also questioned a bit the possibility of being LIE or even EIE considering the external influence.
    Ni and Se valuer for sure, and definitely an Ni ego.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    ILI and lately IEI mostly.
    Also questioned a bit the possibility of being LIE or even EIE considering the external influence.
    Ni and Se valuer for sure, and definitely an Ni ego.
    Consider looking into EIE I have already retyped myself here.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool. Did you already go to that meet up?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Did you already go to that meet up?
    I did. Really enjoyed it! I was pointed toward a facebook group called "Word Socionics Society" set up by Jack Oliver Aaron, who I met yesterday.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I did. Really enjoyed it! I was pointed toward a facebook group called "Word Socionics Society" set up by Jack Oliver Aaron, who I met yesterday.
    Nice! Did you ever ask them what type they thought you were and did that have a hand in how you're self-typing now?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! Did you ever ask them what type they thought you were and did that have a hand in how you're self-typing now?
    I worked out my typing only yesterday morning, and the meet up only cemented my conclusion. I asked them, and they can definitely see it. Apparently, I don't come across quite as affected or egotistical as some EIEs, but I'll take that as a compliment!

Are you surer of your typing now?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I worked out my typing only yesterday morning, and the meet up only cemented my conclusion. I asked them, and they can definitely see it. Apparently, I don't come across quite as affected or egotistical as some EIEs, but I'll take that as a compliment!

Are you surer of your typing now?
    Cool, glad it worked out. Perhaps your thinking that you were your mothers' supervisor could have had to do with your subtype in DCNH?

Yeah. I mean, I was sure of my type in the beginning and just wanted to hear others' input. It did make me less sure but more so momentarily.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, glad it worked out. Perhaps your thinking that you were your mothers' supervisor could have had to do with your subtype in DCNH?

Yeah. I mean, I was sure of my type in the beginning and just wanted to hear others' input. It did make me less sure but more so momentarily.
    I don't know too much about DCNH. I think mirror fits better than supervisor. Me and my mother always have a kind of power-struggle and rivalry going on. We both seem to be in our superego a lot of the time. She focuses a lot on Si because she feels she has to, and myself on Te for the same reason. Without her, no one would do the housework, and I always feel that it's my job to optimise everything.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know too much about DCNH. I think mirror fits better than supervisor. Me and my mother always have a kind of power-struggle and rivalry going on. We both seem to be in our superego a lot of the time. She focuses a lot on Si because she feels she has to, and myself on Te for the same reason. Without her, no one would do the housework, and I always feel that it's my job to optimise everything.
    That makes sense. We are aware of the Super-Ego's 'shoulds' but have more trouble with the POLR than the role. The Super-Ego can be a bit inflexible or rigid so I imagine you guys' power-struggle could be you guys hitting each others' POLR via the role. I can somewhat relate to your mothers' role and housework, haha.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I would never consider a logical type for myself, and find it irritating when others have tried pushing that onto me. It's like if they were telling a blind man he must have 20/20 vision because he managed to maneuver around a crowded room using his walking stick as his guide.

I value Si and Te too much to be anything but Delta. And the moment I read about NeFi with Ti polr and Se role I knew it fit. I could immediately see how so many of the things I struggled with were so simply described and/or implied.

So while I have casually, off-handedly looked at other type descriptions, I have only ever seriously seen NeFi as the best descriptor of how my mind works, pros and cons.
    Same here, on the Ti side. ILE is the only type I seriously considered. I was carried away from time to time towards:
    - SLE - my brother proposed it to me, and I considered it because I am somewhat competitive and I don't find myself naïve - as ILEs are described. I think I have a sharp sense for uncovering conmen & frauds. Non-competitive sports or games (for "fun" xD) are totally boring and make no sense to me.
    - EIE
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes sense. We are aware of the Super-Ego's 'shoulds' but have more trouble with the POLR than the role. The Super-Ego can be a bit inflexible or rigid so I imagine you guys' power-struggle could be you guys hitting each others' POLR via the role. I can somewhat relate to your mothers' role and housework, haha.
    You have described our relationship perfectly there. Yeah, there's always a little bit of resentment there. I guess, subconsciously she is feeling obliged to do the housework because my Dad is LII and therefore "Infantile" (in the romance style sense). He gives out signals that he needs a caregiver, so my Mum pulls up the slack.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:46 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only Te-type I could at all imagine is ILI. The alpha NT, beta NF are other bets.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ineffable
    I think I have a sharp sense for uncovering conmen & frauds.
    As a simple example, that is a super Ne compatible trait in Jungian terms. Now yes socionics =/= Jungian typology, but at the same time, the definitions of IE have us wonder often why they are defined as they are, and why select this one over that, etc.

The only way I can answer this question for the socionics definitions is general quadra values, with the acknowledgement that human beings adapt to circumstances, but certain patterns of information are probably more ideal than others.

Being sensitive to socionics Se, more than average for your type for instance, needn't be that it forms the core of your worldview and preferred mode of informational existence, which is alpha.

Otherwise, I honestly find it crazy and ludicrous that people don't show signs and hints of belonging to other information-valuations than their main one.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Oh how come?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Oh how come?
    Many reasons. I will explain them to you when you get back from vacation.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    [...]
    Otherwise, I honestly find it crazy and ludicrous that people don't show signs and hints of belonging to other information-valuations than their main one.
    If I understand you correctly here, indeed people use all IEs - for example in guesswork anyone uses N and F even when that is not prioritized (ST - N, F are weak, subdued). The difference between types is precisely these prioritizations and predominant conscious focus.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable
    If I understand you correctly here, indeed people use all IEs - for example in guesswork anyone uses N and F even when that is not prioritized (ST - N, F are weak, subdued). The difference between types is precisely these prioritizations and predominant conscious focus.
    Sure, that was my general point, and even an emphasis that I think the extent to which the nonpreferred IE are accessed may depend a lot more on circumstance/necessity/other temperamental features than covered by 1/16 types.

I think here the difference is between valued vs necessity. A relatively kinetic energy conscious alpha or delta member could basically just come from their personal circumstances and temperament's interplay with their superego block for instance. In other words "this isn't the meat but it is a demand, and I don't prefer it, but I recognize meeting these demands helps keep me away from interference with my preferred mode of functioning, as liable as I am to underestimate it." Another thing is that when operates from the standpoint of avoiding the negative, meeting the superego demands could even be seen as something of a positive/relief; after all, one's general information values and orientation cannot just be broken in half along a dichotomy squarely; it'll be a matter of what generally seems correct.

The other slight point was that I can't help but note how some of socionics IE framings don't go with Jung's original framings, which is fine, but still complicates things for me because Jung's own reasons for framing things as he did can be ambiguous, and more different, legitimate ways of framing things only have one question more the real reason why things are as they are.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In addition to LII, I've also seriously considered EII, ILI, and ILE. I also scored LIE once on a test but I never seriously considered it for myself. Looking at quadra values, gamma clearly doesn't fit. And most socionics tests suck.
    Most recently I was torn between LII and EII, considering myself a weird hybrid of the two. I knew that I clearly valued Si/Ne and identified with PoLR. I thought EII for awhile because I'm kind and considerate, and I care about doing the morally right thing. Also, as good as I am at I don't always want to focus on it. After more self-reflection and discussion with others, I was able to see that I don't really value but that I clearly do value In social interactions, I seek out more than I'm more about the emotional atmosphere than the close relations. In fact, I don't really want to be bothered by alot of close relations. I don't wish to be tied down like that.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    In addition to LII, I've also seriously considered EII, ILI, and ILE. I also scored LIE once on a test but I never seriously considered it for myself. Looking at quadra values, gamma clearly doesn't fit. And most socionics tests suck.
    Most recently I was torn between LII and EII, considering myself a weird hybrid of the two. I knew that I clearly valued Si/Ne and identified with PoLR. I thought EII for awhile because I'm kind and considerate, and I care about doing the morally right thing. Also, as good as I am at I don't always want to focus on it. After more self-reflection and discussion with others, I was able to see that I don't really value but that I clearly do value In social interactions, I seek out more than I'm more about the emotional atmosphere than the close relations. In fact, I don't really want to be bothered by alot of close relations. I don't wish to be tied down like that.
    Once again I find myself relatating with what you write. Am thinking you are my twin!

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI, IEI, ILE, and LIE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Just one other ILE, because of Ne. Because I have such carried interests and most of them are intellectual. I figured out, with the help of my mother, that I was really in need of Te, I loved people and was very much a humanist, I lacked the kind of energy that is required of Extraverts and I lacked the emotional and merry dichotomy that ILE would fall in.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, LII, and EII, all only because of a Type Me thread. Ultimately IEI was the only one that clicked with me, despite people insisting I'm some sort of Alpha.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII, IEE, EII
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast