Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A classic:
    A woman goes into a bar and orders a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a gun. She says "Thanks." and leaves. What has happened here?

Another one:
    A man visits a five star restaurant and orders an albatross soup. When he starts eating he suddenly has to puke. What has happened here?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    A classic:
    A woman goes into a bar and orders a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a gun. She says "Thanks." and leaves. What has happened here?
    Nonsense did.

Another one:
    A man visits a five star restaurant and orders an albatross soup. When he starts eating he suddenly has to puke. What has happened here?
    It's too salty.

Ti wankfest.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Nonsense did.

It's too salty.
    Both wrong. Guess again.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Both wrong. Guess again.
    Watch me.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A classic:
    Hiccups.

Another one:
    Cocaine.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post

Cocaine.
    I thought, cocaine causes diarrhea, not having to throw up... Anyway, that's not the right answer. By the way, in another version of the riddle the man kills himself after leaving the restaurant.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought, cocaine causes diarrhea, not having to throw up... Anyway, that's not the right answer. By the way, in another version of the riddle the man kills himself after leaving the restaurant.
    I Google'd the answer, and mine makes more sense.

Lateral thinking puzzles are annoying because the specific possibility that is the "answer" rarely makes more sense consequentially than any other intuitive correlations.

For instance, here's one of my own! "A man is dead in the middle of a road. How did he die?"

Did you get the answer? Read further...

Answer: He was ensnared in having to fulfill his end of a bet after his friend successfully drank a jar of spoiled pickled juice, so he was crossing the road. Meanwhile, as he was crossing this section of downhill interstate, a reckless tractor trailer driver who failed to check if his rig could handle all the downhill gradients on his route because he was stressed from being in the middle of an ongoing custody battle in a prolonged divorce, was not able to stop in time to not hit him.

Oh, you said heart attack? Well, that's equally possible from the info given, but nah, it isn't right.

Maybe it's a Ni thing, what with the personal intuitions which seem to abound with these questions...

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    I Google'd the answer, and mine makes more sense.

Lateral thinking puzzles are annoying because the specific possibility that is the "answer" rarely makes more sense consequentially than any other intuitive correlations.

For instance, here's one of my own! "A man is dead in the middle of a road. How did he die?"

Did you get the answer? Read further...

Answer: He was ensnared in having to fulfill his end of a bet after his friend successfully drank a jar of spoiled pickled juice, so he was crossing the road. Meanwhile, as he was crossing this section of downhill interstate, a reckless tractor trailer driver who failed to check if his rig could handle all the downhill gradients on his route because he was stressed from being in the middle of an ongoing custody battle in a prolonged divorce, was not able to stop in time to not hit him.

Oh, you said heart attack? Well, that's equally possible from the info given, but nah, it isn't right.

Maybe it's a Ni thing, what with the personal intuitions which seem to abound with these questions...
    But actually you have to ask questions that can be answered with yes or no to narrow it down to the solution. Of course you can answer such a question with many possible answers, but the truth needs to be found out. You could just as well play "Who am I?", it works in the same manner, narrowing it down to the answer by asking yes/no questions. I guess iz engages Ti.