Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
Yeah, and come to think of it, I've always come out ENFP or ENTP when I take the official test, even though I think of myself as an "I."
I "know" I'm ENFp, but sometimes exhibit strong introvert behaviors. I think this has to do with the kind of people I surround myself with. I've been surrounded a lot in my life by S-type with a 100- IQ (no offense intended), which caused me to withdraw. But when I'm with "my kind", I'm am extremely extroverted and a typical ENFp. E/I the MBTI or Big 5 way very much depends on who you surround yourself with.

I think the biggest weakness in Socionics is lack of agreement on some fundamental issues and definitions. Even different sites' VI pictures look so different.
This is both a pro and a con: MBTI is currently closed for scientific research, which is why it has become static. Socionics has a lack of agreement, but potential for research. Perhaps ultimately Socionics will be assimilated into psychology and the name will go into oblivion. Photographic VI sucks.

The one area where MBTI is the strongest is that there's a lot of statistical research that uses one standardized instrument; and a lot of statistical research went into creating the MBTI as well. As a result, there's a lot of hard data to look at....and, at least initially, practitioners stuck more or less to what was supported by hard data in drawing conclusions....but that may have changed as the MBTI got more popular.
The scientific validity of MBTI is questioned: has research led to the theory, or the theory led the research to find fitting answers? Well, The Big 5 answers that question, it provides both confirmation and correction for MBTI. I will look up an article on that later.