Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: this is how I feel about myself (and about IEEs in general)

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    I give no f...s whatsoever about obligations; I do only what I want...
    What you have said here you have also said elsewhere in this thread. Not wanting anything to do with obligations seems to be something you value. But I don't think anyone, regardless of type, can truly be happy without embracing obligations. As NeFi it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to search for something that you can really believe in. Then commit to it, and be obligated to it. Working for something more important than yourself, to me, is the only way to be happy. Avoiding obligation, IMO, it is a recipe for depression and unhappiness..

The obligations don't need to be social obligations. But working at something you care about outside of yourself, that is bigger and more than yourself, to you - that is a sure way to a happiness, in my understanding.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a difference between feeling obligated to do something, vs believing in something and wanting to do something to support/further its cause. You can do the latter without binding yourself to the former.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    I appreciate you, applejacks; you're the nicest supervisor a gal could ask for.
    You're a gal?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    You're a gal?
    lol, no. twas a joke.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok this thread was enlightening --

I believe I now have kenneth chesney/chris clearly figured out: he possess a very low self esteem (evident in the self-deprecating assessments of himself which he then (erroneously) relates to an IEE typing for himself). In trying to feel better about himself, he has taken on a role of self-professed socionics expertise, pompously proclaiming how right he is and wrong everyone else is.

Listen, buddy, everyone is talented in their own way, including you. You just gotta find those talents. Your socionics is off at the moment, so please dont count on it to better your self esteem, because you are in for a rude surprise.

Lesson #2 of socionics: If you are the only one who is "right" and everyone else seems "wrong", then most likely YOU are in the wrong.

Lesson #3 of socionics: all types are equally essential to society. Each type contributes its own unique set of strengths. However, each type seems inferior in the eyes of types with opposing values; it's the nature of socionics. Therefore, if you feel that the IEE type is so inferior, it is more than likely that you do not value Ne nor Fi.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123