Quote Originally Posted by Marietta View Post
that view is interesting and a bit contradictory for me. According to socionics different types' representants are subjected to the same patterns of intertype relationships. At the same time, according to some descriptions Fi ego types are supposed to be better than others in establishing relationships and connections in action. If particular relationships depend on intertype rel. patterns anyway and things work out naturally or they don't, how could an Fi ego be better at influencing this when e.g. approaching incompatible types? or is it only about being more insightful, selective and aware of who is compatible and the nuances and nothing more...not really that much of an active ability?
First of all, intertype relationships theory designed by a Fi polr is good as a drug for whoever needs it. Hardly anything in my life has ever confirmed it and from where I stand it is null.

Secondly, Fi egos excel at recognizing something that could be called "value resonance" (affinity) as well as stuff like attraction vs repulsion, like vs. dislike, admiration, envy and a whole bunch of other human sentiments (or more transitory affects). They also know what it takes to maintain a (desired) relationship - but also what actions are bound to lead to its destruction. Incongruence (inconsistency) in such matters is usually not well tolerated, especially when it comes to Fi base. However this is a tricky one, because if a Fi ego is turned on by more chaotic (and even perverse) behavior from the depth of their inner sanctum, then they're gonna respond well to that. The main reality for such a person is an inner "ideal" of what makes a relationship (interaction) shine and what slowly kills it. It's as a sense in one's bones. Fi egos usually know very well what kind of people they like and whom they want to form relationships with. But of course there are higher aspects of Fi which have to do with what people usually call ethics.