Thread: Which quadra is the most individualistic?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Nice post

I'd say Delta is most about the integrity of the team.
    lol, Delta doesn't give two shits about the team. I've literally been called "not a team player" several times in my life. Again: your head is in your ass.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    lol, Delta doesn't give two shits about the team. I've literally been called "not a team player" several times in my life. Again: your head is in your ass.
    Hum. Maybe it's your dual pair thing (ever think about that?)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas strive to be the most individuated, in the face of whatever cultural and ideological boundaries that are imposed upon them, and deltas, in their implicitly-respectful-of-the-interpersonal-code manner, are politically individualistic; however aristocratic types are compelled to implicitly limit the scope of freedom individuals are given, whether because of collective or operational necessity; so while alphas, being the most straitforwardly democratic, and hence the most open to liberally progressive forms of individualism, surpass the aristocratic quadras in this sense, they fall short in comparison to gammas, the latter being more authentically politically progressive, and hence individualistic in the strict sense.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Do you know why? I'm curious.
    Because -valuers view environmental boundaries as distinct from individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Exactly,

You can't be truly individualistic if your worried about how those around will react and feel. (Fe valuing)
    Actually you can, which is what alpha best embodies. + leads to a kind of culturally laissez faire mindset. Granted they have their decorum, but I wouldn't consider it any more limiting than the bureaucratic boundaries many deltas tacitly impose, on this kind of quasi-collective level.

Lol. I've known plenty of betas who couldn't give two shits about 'teamwork' and all the idiotic, interpersonal implications it's supposed to have... and I've seen quite a few deltas fall into the campfire carol category.
    Last edited by strrrng; 03-10-2014 at 02:00 AM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Betas strive to be the most individuated, in the face of whatever cultural and ideological boundaries that are imposed upon them, and deltas, in their implicitly-respectful-of-the-interpersonal-code manner, are politically individualistic; however aristocratic types are compelled to implicitly limit the scope of freedom individuals are given, whether because of collective or operational necessity; so while alphas, being the most straitforwardly democratic, and hence the most open to liberally progressive forms of individualism, surpass the aristocratic quadras in this sense, they fall short in comparison to gammas, the latter being more authentically politically progressive, and hence individualistic in the strict sense.

Because -valuers view environmental boundaries as distinct from individuals.

Actually you can, which is what alpha best embodies. + leads to a kind of culturally laissez faire mindset. Granted they have their decorum, but I wouldn't consider it any more limiting than the bureaucratic boundaries many deltas tacitly impose, on this kind of quasi-collective level.

Lol. I've known plenty of betas who couldn't give two shits about 'teamwork' and all the idiotic, interpersonal implications it's supposed to have... and I've seen quite a few deltas fall into the campfire carol category.
    love campfires.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Delta doesn't give two shits about the team. I've literally been called "not a team player" several times in my life. ....
    "Not a team player" - I haven't been called that, but I probably have been perceived that in certain "teams" I have been on. An example was teaching in a school with many ESE's. I wasn't on board with all they chose for us to do and while I did not usually ever protest it (seeing the pointlessness of that)I I avoided supporting their endeavors whenever I could. I am sure I was not seen as a big "team" person on that team, that I was required to be a member of. Though I made sure I did the bare minimum, at least, out of duty.

But as to a team I choose - I am really big on the integrity of that. My family, for example. My Dual-fiance, us, as a team - we are both into our integrity in that so much that we are willing to endure discomfort and inconvenience in order to uphold it. I care about the integrity of my Church, often experiencing growing pains, often making human errors, often infiltrated with those of their own agenda not the team's agenda. Its my team and I really care about the integrity of it. And I am personally offended when "team members" compromise its integrity. Also I work for a school district that excels in integrity, and I really feel good to be apart of it.

So that's why @Maritsa's comment made sense to me.