As usual, I will answer how these apply to me and avoid arguing about type relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
1. is that sort of information processed with Ti instead? a different fx?
I might not understand this. I think my position with relationships is less emotionally intuitive and more "contractual." I'm afraid of overstepping on someone else's boundaries.
2. do you just not think about or care whether people you know are loyal or how much you care about them or whatever..? or do you think about it in a paranoid sort of way, or...?
In short: Both. Sometimes I really like the idea of what Mr Ordell said about Melanie in Jackie Brown: "I don't trust Melanie but I trust Melanie to be Melanie". This basically means that if I know how a person operates and I am still aware that the worst that person would be inclined to do is within my tolerance, I can provide this person my trust at given levels.

It's also important for me to be able to retaliate so that it will work as a deterrent. By extension, I think this is the reason why martial arts tend to raise people's self-esteem more than other hobbies.
3. do you feel an obligation or inclination to be a good friend or a "good person"? for what reason?
I'll caricaturize my stance a bit: Being good is a good policy. It's effective to be reliable. The counterpart of reliability is influence.