Thread: Am I really Fe-valuing?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Am I really Fe-valuing?

Points for Fe:

-I don't take the idea of 'rapport' or the inherent distance between individuals seriously and generally don't seem mesh well with people who value it...I view the development of relationships as fluid and spontaneous. If someone warms up to me from the get-go, I don't really find it uncomfortable..I'm usually receptive towards it.

-Unless I'm stressed out or particularly angry at the world, I avoid placing harsh judgment on others, even when they say things that I might disagree with from an ethical standpoint...as long as it's funny, I can sort of look past it and accept that we have different views on things.

-When interacting with someone, I tend to notice the level of receptivity/mirroring the person is physically showing..in fact, I'm actually pretty sensitive to it and can occasionally misinterpret Gamma/Delta seriousness.

Points against Fe:

-I don't really do grand displays of emotion or gushiness, at all...I smile and laugh genuinely when talking to people, but I've never been the type to 'let loose' or 'amp people up', nor do I consider myself responsible for making sure everyone in a group is having fun. My role within a group is one of receptivity, as opposed to being someone who consistently shows initiative.

-I can find it annoying when my Sei-Fe mom tries to approach me with excessively-merry Fe when I'm having a bad day...and kind of wish that she didn't view it as her responsibility to lift my mood in such moments.

-I see myself as an 'individual' as opposed to an indistinguishable member of a social group..in other words, I tend to experience myself as inherently separate from whatever's going on around me. I'm also able to maintain a sense of distance between my own views/interests/values, and those of the collective, even if I don't consciously expressing them..although admittedly, they seem to lose their level of importance once I'm in the presence of friends. These are mainly things I mull over in private.

-I can get a bit worked up over Fi-ish ethical issues.

-I avoid making quick judgments about people based on Fe-ish impressions (like "he's weird", "what a downer", "he never talks", etc.)

-I'm interested in personal growth, introspection, and authenticity...although again, these aren't values that I force on others, but rather something that gives me a sense of clarity and enriches my own experience of life.
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.