Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I expect my dual to be direct and firm with/toward me when need be, and not feel hesitant for the reasons mentioned in the quoted text.
    But even the quoted text said that even if the iee understands the benifits of being firm and direct with others, it's still difficult for them to do.

Leaving too many windows open and looking at things from different angles doesn't necessarily imply nor result in indirectness and not being firm, if that's what you're suggesting.
    If the person is looking at something from multiple povs, then they aren't likely to stick with just one of those povs enough to be direct or firm about it. Unless it's something that they very firmly believe in...which for NeFi is more likely to be the value of looking at something from multiple povs.

Also, because NeFi don't tend to have strong categorical ideas, that makes it harder to describe what they are thinking, which naturally leads to round-about descriptions. Add in their tacticalness and there's an additional experimental approach to their methods that are prone to change as circumstances and feedback results alter the initial ideas. Being firm and direct requires choosing ONE out of many.

So you're right in that open windows and different angles doesn't necessarily imply indirectness and not being firm, but it sure makes it difficult and stressful to consistently choose and stick with ONE out of many.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    But even the quoted text said that even if the iee understands the benifits of being firm and direct with others, it's still difficult for them to do.
    The quoted text also explained (in a pretty clear and concise fashion) why it would be difficult for IEEs to be that way, and my point was that those reasons/concerns would only be valid/relevant in relation to a specific socionics demographic, which I would expect to exclude SLIs. Jesus, ann. How more literal do I have to be?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    The quoted text also explained (in a pretty clear and concise fashion) why it would be difficult for IEEs to be that way, and my point was that those reasons/concerns would only be valid/relevant in relation to a specific socionics demographic, which I would expect to exclude SLIs. Jesus, ann. How more literal do I have to be?
    It's a Role function, not a base, not a creative, a Role function. Which usually gets turned to when under social pressures. SLI wouldn't be applying that pressure, so there would be no need to be firm and direct. With an SLI, supposedly they could relax, be themselves. Part of being able to relax and be one's self (as NeFi) is the ability to talk about their thoughts (which often change) and their feelings (which often change). But you want them to be firm and direct...expecting them to stick with one thought, one emotion...which applies a social pressure to not be themselves.

Ideally the NeFi's dual would play with and be generative with the thoughts the NeFi expresses. And if the NeFi is trying to achieve something, then they could use the help of someone who is more grounded but just as flexible when the NeFi inevitably alters their idea/goal/plan. This is far from asking for firmness from them.

Edited to add: but perhaps you'd just be happier with an Fi subtype than an Ne subtype. As the Fi subtype wouldn't be as changeable/flexible as the Ne one would.

Edited to add: basically you're saying that you want the NeFi to be in Se role mode and not let their -Ne take over again.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp