Thread: Bjork Gudmundsdottir

Hybrid View

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to Me-- I don't necessarily find those lyrics to be representative of a caretaker. She's saying, essentially, come lie in my arms and i'll comfort you *emotionally*. *tries to think of a type that wouldn't say, lie down if a person is exhausted* ? Of course, Si people can also say these lyrics.. but it's not what i think of when i think of si lyrics.

(What do i think of? mostly what seem to be random spew of aesthetic observation devoid of metaphor-- "blue and pink and green all over it" where we're inclined to say, "over what?" as opposed to "pedalling through the dark currents, i find an accurate copy, a blueprint of the pleasure in me" --physical examples, usually nature based, metaphorically describing an emotional state. Dude, its a blueprint of the pleasure in her. No guesswork, the metaphor is spelled out. Maybe I am talking about this so much because I have always cursed that I can't make the metaphors sound less obvious myself-- i cant write Si lyrics

But ... i think MOST of her songs don't even get ambiguous that much; instead it's just full on metaphors of physical states to describe how she's feeling. Plus a worship of Si. To me, that's Ne. An INFp or ENFj might use metaphors, but they're much more fluid and obscure, and who knows, maybe they seem so because I am not Ni.

INFp: "in an interstellar burst I am back to save the universe" -- not readily translatable
    Ne person "he's away...im taking an aeroplane to follow my heart"-- physical situation used to describe feelings for someone

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always gotten a really strong vibe from her.

It really comes through in that video.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I've always gotten a really strong vibe from her.

It really comes through in that video.
    sorry, i dont see that at all. can you explain it?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Specifically in the video what I see:

Sort of exploring a curiosity of how the TV can put her into different moods or states or "weird situations". And the way she explores the circuitry. It's very metaphorical. The circuitry resembling a model of a city and sort of... bringing it to life so to speak. "This is maybe an elevator", etc. Kind of like how a person might view a computer case and sort of ponder about, maybe, little tiny men hard at work inside the computer and making what you see on the monitor possible.

The detail with which she sort of illustrates the millions of pixels on a TV collectively working together, putting it all together. It seems like she changes the scope from seeing one thing to seeing a million different things working together and then as a result sort of specifying the fear/headaches of processing the "enormity" and hypnotizing nature of seeing the TV at this "millions of pieces" level. Like almost sensory overload, (which is probably causing the hypnotic nature of it) but the actual physical size isn't changing at all. It's the mental perception of the size.

I dunno if that makes sense, but that video felt rich in themes to me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I'm not way off base with that statement.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah not sure but that made me