Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hell discussion (split from Delta Lounge)

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get started then

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    Get started then
    challenge accepted!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilith describes you so well. ...you are Lilith.
    I read a bit about Lilith. She is supposed be brided with Samael after Eve rejected her.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael
    According to Zoharistic cabala, Samael was also mated with Eisheth Zenunim, Na'amah, and Agrat Bat Mahlat—all angels of sacred prostitution.
    You say you know who I am.
    Do you really know me?
    I am always questioning... who am I really? Can I really be who I really am?

I'm trying to find a poem on him as beautiful as the one you found for Lilith. Where did you find that poem?

In the Talmud:
    The Talmud states that Satan and Samael the Angel of Death, are the same, and Samael is also there made equivalent to the Biblical serpent of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.... In conjunction with Lilith, who was one of his wives (see Lilith’s blog), he is represented as the Evil Beast.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Lilith describes you well. ...you are Lilith.
    I read a bit about Lilith. She is supposed be brided with Samael after Eve rejected her.
    According to Zoharistic cabala, Samael was also mated with Eisheth Zenunim, Na'amah, and Agrat Bat Mahlat—all angels of sacred prostitution.
    Do you really know me?

I'm trying to find a poem on him as beautiful as the one you found for Lilith. Where did you find that poem?

In the Talmud:
    The Talmud states that Satan and Samael the Angel of Death, are the same, and Samael is also there made equivalent to the Biblical serpent of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.... In conjunction with Lilith, who was one of his wives (see Lilith’s blog), he is represented as the Evil Beast.
    I found it here.. don't judge me...

http://succubuspoetry.weebly.com/

"Wildcats shall meet with hyenas;
    goat-demons shall call to each other.
    There too Lilith shall repose,
    and find a place to rest."
    Isaiah 34:14

I will pm you some sites.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you really know me?

In the Talmud:
    Actually that isn't true at all. In the Tanakh Satan is a part of God's creation and there is nothing within the Jewish tradition that stands counter power to God. Satan is only a reference to an angel which accommodates death and not evil
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Do you really know me?
    "You are pure awareness disguised as a person.”

I read that somewhere recently.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Why would I?

I am wondering how far off topic this is going. Since it's all about going to hell, I guess not very.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eckhart Tolle I think stole that from somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

I am wondering how far off topic this is going. Since it's all about going to hell, I guess not very.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Eckhart Tolle I think stole that from somebody.
    I saw it while reading your chart. I didn't know he said that. I have one of his books but never read it. I am actually trying to read "a course in miracles" again, at the suggestion of someone who is reading it right now. She wants me to do the 365 day thing from the book.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

^ that's goddess energy. smfh

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Goddess?
    ^I know Maritsa.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I would say, Lilith, Aphrodite/Venus and others but we will go with Lilith.

http://www.lilithinstitute.com/creations/liturgy.html

Edit: we need a mythology thread

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and I need to buy a comprehensive book on mythology.

And my 'pure awareness' is suppressed. I can't express myself to my full potential. I just want to bring this society down. Become a drug dealer. Live or die, who cares?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah and I need to buy a comprehensive book on mythology.

And my 'pure awareness' is suppressed. I can't express myself to my full potential.
    do you have a reader? i have some stuff for kindle and some epub files.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah.
    I'm gona write something in my blog about astrology before I sleep.

No but they aren't expensive if you've got good stuff.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ah.
    I'm gona write something in my blog about astrology before I sleep.

No but they aren't expensive if you've got good stuff.
    I will create an ftp account for you so you can look through what I have. I will do it when my family leaves. They should be here tomorrow.

Edit: I have a stuff on Atlantis and Lemuria, as well

Edit again: I should really wait and put this in another thread I am planning but, anyway. grain of salt.
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/at..._lemuria_8.htm
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-15-2014 at 07:19 AM.

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rat1, believe it or not Wikipedia is not a source which is worthy to be referred to. It has some good articles, but is also full of mistakes and half-knowledge.
    So, as long as you don't provide a primary source for your hypothesis for the parallels between the New Testament and astrology, some ancient text about what people knew about the stars and so on, you're statement is completely irrelevant.
    Anyone who is a little bit interested in esoteric stuff and the occult and has issues with the christian faith could fake something like that. I'm just being realistic here.
    I mean, how come I find the stuff only on pages with a clear esoteric background and the pages I googled didn't provide any references to primary sources either?

Just to make it clear, what I mean, something from Wiki for you: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_source

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.... I knew you'd say as much @kadda1212. I wrote this earlier for you, and saved it in a notepad file.
    I cited probably.... 10 or so wiki pages referencing mostly stars & constellations in my astrotheology bit, wouldn't you say?
    The first point I made was about Aries the lamb. Let's have a look at how much evidence exists for Aries being symbolized by fire, the Ram & Lamb, & being the first sign.
    I assure you I can compile just as much evidence for everything else I cited, but we will focus on this for now.

...I don't know if you're aware that a lamb, a sheep, and a ram are all the same animal.
    Definition of Lamb:
    lamb
    noun
    1. a young sheep.

Definition of Ram:
    ram
    noun
    1. an uncastrated male sheep.

Definition of sheep: ... sheep.
    (Jesus is the sheep, God is the shepherd)

the Rig-Veda mentioning Aries as a Ram (~2000 BC)
    https://www.google.com/#q=aries+ram+rig+veda
    "The ram (avi, also called mesha in the Vedas) is Aries."

Here is the first google result for 'aries', a western astrology site talking about aries the ram, and being the 1st zodiac sign:
    http://www.astrology.com/aries-sun-s...ns/2-d-d-66918

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2924.htm
    In Hebrew, Aries is called "Taleh" and means "the Lamb".

http://biblenumbers.files.wordpress....-the-heart.pdf Great link. I recommend reading the whole thing
    "The Hebrew name for the sign is ‘Taleh’: “the lamb”.
    The bright star in the head is ‘El Natik’: “slain” which
    the Arabs called ‘Hamal’: “sheep”."
    Jesus, the lamb, is slain.

http://www.livekabbalah.org/index.ph...h/nisan-aries/
    "The Torah says, on the tenth of Nisan (month when sun is in Aries), as a symbolic act of control, the Hebrews took a lamb (Aries) and tied it to their homes. Then, on the twilight of the 15th day they slautered it and roasted it on the fire."
    Another great link worth the full read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aries_(constellation)
    "Aries has three prominent stars forming an asterism, designated Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Arietis by Johann Bayer. All three are commonly used for navigation.[27] There is also one other star above the fourth magnitude, 41 Arietis. α Arietis, called Hamal, is the brightest star in Aries. Its traditional name is derived from the Arabic word for "lamb" or "head of the ram" (ras al-hamal), which references Aries's mythological background.[18] With a spectral class of K2[13] and a luminosity class of III, it is an orange giant with an apparent visual magnitude of 2.00, which lies 66 light-years from Earth.[12][28] Hamal has a luminosity of 96 L☉ and its absolute magnitude is −0.1.[29]"

More evidence Aries is known as the most firey sign symbolized by Rams:
    http://www.tarot.com/astrology/zodiac/aries

http://www.mazzaroth.com/InsertFive/AriesStarChart.htm
    "Others call Aries ‘The Lamb,' although it is a Ram-like creature comparable to the Capricornus Goat-like creature giving rise to a fish. In the New Testament the Greek word for Lamb is very similar to the word Aries, look at them for yourself.

1) Aren, ar-ane’, a noun the nominative case of which is found only in early times, occurs in Luke 10:3. It is perhaps the same as Arrhen, ar’-hrane, or Arsen, ar’-sane probably from airo, male (as stronger for lifting); a lamb (as a male).

I'm really just citing bits and pieces of the links. Flip through them yourself if you want evidence. There's a sea of evidence for it.
    Last edited by rat1; 02-15-2014 at 06:35 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I like this site for a different perspective and it does reference ancient sources.
    http://www.thedyinggod.com/

Though astrology has often been regarded as representing an ancient form of knowledge devised by the Babylonians, scholars have now determined that its development was impossible, before the eighth century BC, due to the absence of a reliable system of chronology, and that, more properly, astrology was a product of the sixth century BC. This transformation, according to Bartel van der Waerden, was the result of the influence of Zoroastrianism, with its doctrine that the human soul originated in the stars.

In addition, the sixth century BC is also known in Jewish history as the Exile, when their entire population was located in the city, having been removed to there by Nebuchadnezzar, at the beginning of the century, after he had destroyed Jerusalem. Having become substantial citizens, with some achieving minor administrative posts, it is possible the Jews also contributed to this development. In fact, in the Book of Daniel, Chapter 2:48, Daniel is made chief of the "wise men" of Babylon, that is of the Magi or Chaldeans. In any case, scholars have certainly recognized that the later teachings referred to collectively as the esoteric Kabbalah, seem to have been a combination of Magian and Chaldean lore.

Astrology was not a component of mainstream Zoroastrianism, and those who incorporated its concepts into their version of the faith seem to have been regarded as heretical. As Edwin Yamauchi describes, "the relationship of the Magi to Zoroaster and his teachings is a complex and controversial issue." Ever since the early days of the Persian Empire, there had existed an antagonism with the proponents of true Zoroastrianism and the Magi. And, according the French Assyriologist Lenormant, "to their influence are to be ascribed nearly all the changes which, towards the end of the Achaemenid dynasty, corrupted deeply the Zoroastrian faith, so that it passed into idolatry."

I suppose the term ancient is relative though.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Astrology and Religion Among the Greeks and Romans Paperback – Facsimile, September 17, 1994
    by Franz Cumont (Author)

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Essential Reading for the Ancient History Buff
    By David Livingstone on May 15, 2000
    This is a great work. Unfortunately taken from a speak in 1912, it might be considered by some to be old scholarship.Nevertheless, Cumont stands out as a luminary in the field of ancient history. So few scholars have since dealt with the detail and breadth of his work on these subjects. "Astrology and Religion among the Greeks and Romans" is important in that, at the beginning, it establishes the date at which Babylonian astrology can be said to have emerged. This is an important point seeing as there have been so many spurious allegations as to its exact age. According to Cumont, based on the fact that such knowledge was simply unavailable earlier, it can be demonstrated to have emerged only in the sixth century BC.
    The subsequent course of the book is the study of the large influence that Babylonian astronomy has exerted on Greek and Roman religion. The subject of Near Eastern influence on ancient Greece has been receiving increasing attention, particularly the works of M.L. West, "The East Face of Helicon," Burkert's The Orientalizing Revolution" and Momigliano's Alien Wisdom", but few have explored the relationship between Greece and Babylonia to the extent that Cumont has, a relationship without which Greek culture cannot be fully understood.
    An examination of these connections is critical to understanding the nature of Greek culture, and its later influence on Western thought, since it had been universally recognized by ancient authors that Greek philosophy was born, not in a vacuum, but as a result of Greek contact with the teachings of the Magi. To quote Bertrand Russell, in The History of Western Philosophy. "it was the Babylonians, or the Chaldeans, who most impressed the imagination of the Greeks." See also F.M. Cornford, From Religion to Philosophy. Another important work of Cumont's, which has unfortunately not been translated into English, as far as I know, is the "Les Mages Hellenisees" (The Hellenized Magi), which explores further the exact nature of the contact between ancient Greece and the Persian Magi. According to Cumont, the early Greek philosophers were not in contact with the orthodox Magi, but with the unorthodox Maguseans of Asia Minor, whose creeds later formed the basis of all the mysteries and occult doctrines of the Hellenistic Age.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some others belief in the civilization Atlantis. There is are some strange structures buried in the ocean suggesting a sunken civilization around its alleged area...
    The most ancient astrology I know of came from Egypt and migrated into India. If you know of an earlier version I'd love to read about it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_astrology
    Among Indo-European peoples, astrology has been dated to the 3rd millennium BC, with roots in calendrical systems used to predict seasonal shifts and to interpret celestial cycles as signs of divine communications.[1]
    Astrology, in its broadest sense, is the search for human meaning in the sky. It has been argued that astrology began as a study as soon as human beings made conscious attempts to measure, record, and predict seasonal changes by reference to astronomical cycles.[4]
    Early evidence of such practices appears as markings on bones and cave walls, which show that lunar cycles were being noted as early as 25,000 years ago; the first step towards recording the Moon’s influence upon tides and rivers, and towards organizing a communal calendar.

Indian astrology:
    The ancient science of astrology can be traced to the Vedas around 5000 BCE. The Vedas are among the world’s most ancient and sacred scriptures. The word Veda means knowledge coming from the root vid, to know. The Vedas are books of knowledge said to be the fundamental doctrine of Hinduism. The Vedas were received by the great sages through divine revelation, referred to as sruti and recorded for the benefit of humanity.
    The Vedas are divided into four books: the Rig-Veda, the Yajur-Veda, the Sama-Veda and the Atharva-Veda. According to Vedic astrologer and historian David Frawley, one of the first references to astrology dates back to the Rig Veda, the oldest of the scriptures. It records a description of the chakra or wheel of 360 degrees placed in the sky by Rishi Dirghatamas, pandit to one of the greatest kings of India, Bharata, the original name of India.

The Christians burned almost every ancient Egyptian document they could find and I'm not sure how far back their astrology dates, but parallels seems to suggest it migrated to india from egypt.
    Last edited by rat1; 02-15-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh fuck m y blog. I'm slipping away into sleep

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Here are some pics I took of the moon tonight. It looked very strange and the pics are not filtered that is pretty much how it looked except it was much clearer and the light you see around it was orange. I don't know why it looks like this tonight but maybe someone will.

I wasn't going to post them but whatever. Someone logical can explain it.

http://s318.photobucket.com/user/joy...moon%20goddess

It is making me act strange.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tonight is a full moon. ; )
    Full moons are supposed to cause confusion, chaos, emotionally expressive, manipulative, fulfillment of wants and needs..
    you were born on full moon ; D

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

tonight is a full moon. ; )
    Full moons are supposed to cause confusion, chaos, emotionally expressive, manipulative, fulfillment of wants and needs..
    you were born on full moon ; D
    Guess that's why I've been howling today. heh

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it feels unstable and impulsive. The emotions just flow out. Not much limitation

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

it feels unstable and impulsive. The emotions just flow out. Not much limitation
    It turns me into a lunachick!

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it's fun

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

instigator (the moon)
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-15-2014 at 08:01 AM.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I dreamt of independent, talking cats and snakes. An orange snake wrapped around my arm, tightly. When I pulled it off, it turned into a multicolored hydra and yelled, "wake up!". I woke up.

HYDRA SECOND LABOUR OF HERACLES

Hesiod, Theogony 313 ff (trans. Evelyn-White) (Greek epic C8th or 7th B.C.) :
    "And third again she [Ekhidna] bore the grisly-minded Lernaian Hydra, whom the goddess white-armed Hera nourished because of her quenchless grudge against the strong Herakles. Yet he, Herakles, son of Zeus, of the line of Amphitryon, by design of Athene the spoiler and with help form warlike Iolaos, killed this beast with the pitiless bronze sword."

Alcaeus, Fragment 443 (from Schoiast on Hesiod's Theogony) (trans. Campbell, Vol. Greek Lyric II) (Greek lyric C6th B.C.) :
    "The Hydra is called nine-headed by Alcaeus, fifty-headed by Simonides."

Simonides, Fragment 569 (from Servius on Virgil's Aeneid) (trans. Campbell, Vol. Greek Lyric II) (Greek lyric C6th to 5th B.C.) :
    "One hundred snakes as in Simonides, as we said above [he spoke of Simonides fifty-headed Hydra]; others say there were nine."

Aeschylus, Fragment 55 Leon (from Stephen of Byzantium, Lexicon 699. 13) (trans. Weir Smyth) (Greek tragedy C5th B.C.) :

"The bane of wayfarers, the drakon (serpent) that haunts the place." [N.B. Perhaps a reference to the Hydra of Lerna.]

Plato, Euthydemus 297c (trans. Lamb) (Greek philosopher C4th B.C.) :

"[Plato uses the myth of the Hydra as a metaphor for argument :] Herakles, who was no match for the Hydra . . . who was so clever that she sent forth many heads . . . in place of each one that was cut off; . . . [and a] crab . . . from the sea--freshly, I fancy, arrived on shore; and, when the hero was so bothered with its leftward barks and bites, he summoned his nephew Iolaus to the rescue, and he brought him effective relief."

Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 2. 77 - 80 (trans. Aldrich) (Greek mythographer C2nd A.D.) :

"For his second labour Herakles was instructed to slay the Lernaian Hydra. The beast was nurtured in the marshes of Lerna, from where she would go out onto the flatland to raid flocks and ruin the land. The Hydra was of enormous size, with eight mortal heads, and a ninth one in the middle that was immortal. With Iolaos driving, Herakles rode a chariot to Lerna, and there, stopping the horses, he found the Hydra on a ridge beside the springs of Amymone where she nested. By throwing flaming spears at her he forced her to emerge, and as she did he was able to catch hold. But she hung on to him by wrapping herself round one of his feet, and he was unable to help matters by striking her with his club, for as soon as one head was pounded off two others would grow in its place. Then a giant crab came along to help the Hydra, and bit Herakles on the foot. For this he killed the crab, and called on his own behalf to Iolaos for help. Iolaos made some torches by setting fire to a portion of the adjoining woods, and, by using these to burn the buddings of the heads, he kept them from growing. When he had overcome this problem, Herakles lopped off the immortal head, which he buried and covered with a heavy boulder at the side of the road that runs through Lerna to Elaios. He cut up the Hydra's body and dipped his arrows in its venom."

Strabo, Geography 8. 6. 2 (trans. Jones) (Greek geographer C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :

"The river Lerna, as it is called, bearing the same name as the marsh in which is laid the scene of the myth of the Hydra."

Strabo, Geography 8. 6. 6 :

"Lake Lerna, the scene of the story of the Hydra, lies in Argeia and the Mykenean territory."

Pausanias, Description of Greece 2. 37. 4 (trans. Jones) (Greek travelogue C2nd A.D.) :

”At the source of the Amymone [near Lerna, Argolis] grows a plane tree, beneath which, they say, the Hydra (Water-snake) grew. I am ready to believe that this beast was superior in size to other water-snakes, and that its poison had something in it so deadly that Herakles treated the points of his arrows with its gall. It had, however, in my opinion, one head and not several. It was Peisander of Kamiros who, in order that the beat might appear more frightful and his poetry might be more remarkable, represented the Hydra with its many heads."

Pausanias, Description of Greece 3. 18. 10 - 16 :

"[Amongst the illustrations on the throne of the statue of Apollon at Amyklai near Sparta :] On the left stand Ekhidna and Typhos, on the right Tritones . . . Next to these have been wrought two of the exploits of Herakles--his slaying of the Hydra, and his bringing up the Hound of Hell (kuna ton Haidou)."

Pausanias, Description of Greece 5. 17. 11 :

"[Amongst the illustrations on the chest of Kypselos dedicated at Olympia :] Heracles, with Athena standing beside him, is shooting at the Hydra, the beast in the river Amymone."

Pausanias, Description of Greece 5. 26. 7 :

"By the smaller offerings of Mikythos [at Olympia] . . . are some of the exploits of Herakles, including what he did to the Nemeian Lion (Leonta Nemea), the Hydra, the Hound of Hell , and the boar by the river Erymanthos."

Diodorus Siculus, Library of History 4. 11. 5 (trans. Oldfather) (Greek historian C1st B.C.) :

"The second Labour which he [Herakles] undertook was the slaying of the Lernaian Hydra, springing from whose single body were fashioned a hundred necks, each bearing the head of a serpent. And when one head was cut off, the place where it was severed put forth two others; for this reason it was considered to be invincible, and with good reason, since the part of it which was subdued sent forth a two-fold assistance in its place. Against a thing so difficult to manage as this Herakles devised an ingenious scheme and commanded Iolaos to sear with a burning brand the part which had been severed, in order to check the flow of the blood. So when he had subdued the animal by this means he dipped the heads of his arrows in the venom, in order that when the missile should be shot the wound which the point made might be incurable."

Quintus Smyrnaeus, Fall of Troy 6. 212 ff (trans. Way) (Greek epic C4th A.D.) :

"Thereby was wrought [on the shield of Eurypylos, a son of Herakles] the Hydra many-necked flickering its dread tongues. Of its fearful heads some severed lay on earth, but many more were budding from its necks, while Herakles and Iolaos, dauntless-hearted twain, toiled hard; the one with lightning sickle-sweeps lopped the fierce heads, his fellow seared each neck With glowing iron; the monster so was slain."

Aelian, On Animals 9. 23 (trans. Scholfield) (Greek natural history C2nd A.D.) :

"Hekataios the chronicler [Greek C4th B.C.], may sing, of the Hydra of Lerna, one of the Labours of Herakles." - Aelian, On Animals 9.23

Ptolemy Hephaestion, New History Book 2 (summary from Photius, Myriobiblon 190) (trans. Pearse) (Greek mythographer C1st to C2nd A.D.) :
    "Aristonikos of Tarenton says that the middle head of the Hydra was of gold."

Pseudo-Hyginus, Preface (trans. Grant) (Roman mythographer C2nd A.D.) :

"From Typhon and Echidna [was born] : . . . Hydra serpent which had nine heads which Hercules killed, and Draco Hesperidum."

Pseudo-Hyginus, Fabulae 30 :

"He [Herakles] killed at the spring of Lerna the nine headed Lernaean Hydra, offspring of Typhon. This monster was so poisonous that she killed men with her breath, and if anyone passed by when she was sleeping, he breathed her tracks and died in greatest torment. Under Minerva’s [Athene’s] instructions he killed her, disembowelled her, and dipped his arrows in her gall; and so whatever later he hit with his arrows did not escape death, and later he himself perished in Phrygia from the same cause."

Pseudo-Hyginus, Fabulae 151 :

"From Typhon the giant and Echidna were born . . . the Hydra which Hercules killed by the spring of Lerna."

Pseudo-Hyginus, Astronomica 2. 23 :

"The Crab is said to have been put among the stars by the favour of Juno [Hera], because, when Hercules had stood firm against the Lernaean Hydra, it had snapped at his foot from the swamp. Hercules, enraged at this, had killed it, and Juno [Hera] put it among the constellations."

Ovid, Metamorphoses 9. 69 ff (trans. Melville) (Roman epic C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :

"[Herakles addresses the shape-shifting river-god Akhelous :] `Mastering Dracones is child’s play, Achelous! Yes, if you were champion serpent, how could you compare with Echidna Lernaea [Hydra], you a single snake? It throve on wounds: of all its hundred heads I cut off one but from its neck two more sprang to succeed it, stronger than before! Yes, though it branched with serpents sprung from death, and multiplied on doom, I mastered it, and, mastered, I dispatched it.'"

Ovid, Metamorphoses 9. 192 ff :

"The Hydra’s gain from loss, with doubled strength, was all in vain [i.e. against the might of Herakles]."

Ovid, Heroides 9. 87 ff (trans. Showerman) (Roman poetry C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :

"[Herakles] told of the deeds . . . The fertile serpent that sprang forth again from the fruitful wound, grown rich from her own hurt."

Virgil, Aeneid 6. 803 ff (trans. Day-Lewis) (Roman epic C1st B.C.) :

"[Herakles] subdued Lerana with the terror of his bow."

Seneca, Hercules Furens 220 ff (trans. Miller) (Roman tragedy C1st A.D.) :

"[The infant Herakles killed two serpents] crushing their swollen throats with his baby hands, he practised for the Hydra."

Seneca, Hercules Furens 241 ff :

"[The labours of Herakles :] Lerna’s fell monster, pest manifold, did he not quell at last by fire and teach to die?"

Seneca, Hercules Furens 526 ff :

"Let Alcmena’s son [Herakles] in endless wars employ on monsters the hand that bore the heavens; let him cut off the Hydra’s teeming necks.”

Seneca, Medea 700 ff :

"[The witch Medea summons poisonous serpents with a spell invoking the names of the great Drakones :] `In answer to my incantations let Python come . . . Let Hydra return and every serpent cut off by the hand of Hercules, restoring itself by its own destruction. Thou, too, ever-watchful dragon [of the Golden Fleece].'"

Valerius Flaccus, Argonautica 7. 623 ff (trans. Mozley) (Roman epic C1st A.D.) :

"The Tirynthian [Herakles] wearied in fight against the Hydra’s dreadful hosts turned to the fires of Pallas [Athene who suggested to the hero this means of destroying the creature]."

Statius, Thebaid 2. 375 ff (trans. Mozley) (Roman epic C1st A.D.) :

"The marsh of Lerna and the burnt Hydra’s heat makes warm the depths of those unrighteous waters."

Statius, Thebaid 4. 168 ff :

"There lies the Hydra [on the shield of the Argive warrior Kapaneus] with triple-branching crown, lately slain and foul in death: part, embossed in silver, glitters fierce with moving snakes, part by a cunning device is sunken, and grows dark in death agony against the tawny gold; around, in dark-blue steel runs the torpid stream of Lerna."

Nonnus, Dionysiaca 25. 196 ff (trans. Rouse) (Greek epic C5th A.D.) :

"[Herakles] took all that trouble to liberate some little snaky brook like Lerna, by cutting down the selfgrowing firstfruits of the lurking serpent, as that plentiful crop of snakeheads grew spiking up. If only he had done the killing alone! Instead of calling in his distress for Iolaos, to destroy the heads as they grew afresh, by lifting a burning torch; until the two together managed to get the better of one female serpent . . . cutting down a bush of heads which ever grew again on so many necks."

Suidas s.v. Hydran temnein (trans. Suda On Line) (Byzantine Greek Lexicon C10th A.D.) :

"Hydran temnein (you are cutting off a hydra) : Said of things that are hopeless; for the story goes that when Herakles was fighting a Hydra in Lerna which had a hundred heads, and as the heads were cut off more grew, he ordered Iolaos to burn the cut ones."

Suidas s.v. Hydra :

"Hydra : Nine-headed snake."

Edit: I love how my subconscious stores information that I forgot. Then it gives me symbolism to follow. Dream artist...

ARROWS OF HERACLES COATED WITH THE HYDRA'S VENOM

Alcman, Fragment 815 Geryoneis (trans. Campbell, Vol. Greek Lyric III) (Greek lyric C7th B.C.) :
    "[Herakles arrow] (Bringing) the end that is hateful (death), having (doom) on its head, befouled with blood and with . . [lacuna] gall, the anguish of the dapple-necked Hydra, destroyer of men [Herakles used an arrow poisoned with the blood and gall of the Hydra]; and Geryon drooped his neck to one side"

Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 2. 80 (trans. Aldrich) (Greek mythographer C2nd A.D.) :
    "He [Herakles] cut up the Hydra's body and dipped his arrows in its venom."

Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 2. 157 :

"In fear lest Herakles desire Iole more than herself [Deianeira], and in her belief that the blood of Nessos [who was slain by Herakles with an arrow poisoned with Hydra's blood] was truly a love-potion, she doused the robe with it. Herakles put it on and started the sacrifice, but soon the robe grew warm as the Hydra’s venom began to cook his flesh. He caught up Likhas by the foot and hurled him into the Euboian sea, then tore off the robe, which stuck to his body so that he ripped off his flesh along with hit."

Apollonius Rhodius, Argonautica 4. 1390 ff (trans. Rieu) (Greek epic C3rd B.C.) :

"The snake [the Drakon of the Hesperides], struck down by Herakles, lay by the trunk of the apple-tree. Only the tip of his tail was still twitching; from the head down, his dark spine showed not a sign of life. His blood had been poisoned by arrows steeped in the gall of the Lernaean Hydra, and flies perished in the festering wounds."

Strabo, Geography 8. 3. 19 (trans. Jones) (Greek geographer C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :

"It [the Anigros River of Elis] emits an offensive odor for a distance of twenty stadia, and makes the fish unfit to eat. In the mythical accounts, however, this is attributed by some writers to the fact that certain of the Kentauroi here washed off the poison they got from the Hydra [after their battle with Herakles] . . . The bathing-water from here cures leprosy, elephantiasis, and scabies."

Pausanias, Description of Greece 5. 5. 9 (trans. Jones) (Greek travelogue C2nd A.D.) :

"Some Greeks say that Khiron, other that Pylenor another Kentauros, when shot by Herakles fled wounded to this river [Anigros in Elis] and washed his hurt in it, and that it was the Hydra’s poison which gave the Anigros its nasty smell."

Diodorus Siculus, Library of History 4. 38. 1 (trans. Oldfather) (Greek historian C1st B.C.) :

"Herakles put on the shirt which had been anointed [by his wife Deianeira with the blood of Nessos infused with Hydra's venom], and as the strength of the toxic drug began slowly to work he met with the most terrible calamity. For the arrow’s barb had carried the poison of the adder [Hydra], and when the shirt for this reason, as it became heated, attacked the flesh of the body."

Quintus Smyrnaeus, Fall of Troy 9. 392 ff (trans. Way) (Greek epic C4th A.D.) :

"Beside his [Philoktetes] stony bed lay a long quiver full of arrows, some for hunting, some to smite his foes withal; with deadly venom of that fell water-snake [Hydra] were these besmeared. Before it, nigh to his hand, lay the great bow, with curving tips of horn, wrought by the mighty hands of Herakles."

Pseudo-Hyginus, Fabulae 30 (trans. Grant) (Roman mythographer C2nd A.D.) :

"Under Minerva’s [Athene’s] instructions he [Herakles] killed her [Hydra], disembowelled her, and dipped his arrows in her gall; and so whatever later he hit with his arrows did not escape death, and later he himself perished in Phrygia from the same cause."

Pseudo-Hyginus, Fabulae 34 :

"[Herakles] pierced Nessus with his arrows. As he died, Nessus, knowing how poisonous the arrows were, since they had been dipped in the gall of the Lernaean Hydra, drew out some of his blood and gave it to Dejanira, telling her it was a love-charm. If she wanted her husband not to desert her, she should have his garments smneared with this blood. Dejanira, believing him, kept it carefully preserved."

Ovid, Metamorphoses 9. 129 & 158 ff (trans. Melville) (Roman epic C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :

"An arrow flew [from the bow of Herakles] and pierced the fleeing centaur’s [Nessos’] back: out from his breast the barbed point stuck. He wrenched the shaft away, and blood from both wounds spurted, blood that bore Lernaei’s [Hydra’s] poison. Nessus caught it up. `I’ll not die unavenged’, he thought and gave his shirt soaked in warm gore to Deianira, a talisman, he said, to kindle love.’ . . . [Deianeira, the wife of Herakles, heard rumours that her husband was about to marry Iole] She chose to send the shirt imbued with Nessus’ blood to fortify her husband’s failing love. Not knowing what she gave, she entrusted her sorrow to Lichas (ignorant no less) and charged him with soft words to take it to her lord. And Hercules receiving the gift and on his shoulders wore, in ignorance, Echidna Lernaea’s [Hydra’s] poisoned gore. The flame was lit; he offered words of prayer and incense, pouring on the marble altar wine from the bowl. That deadly force grew warm. Freed by the flame, it seeped and stole along, spreading through all the limbs of Hercules. While he still could, that hero‘s heart of his stifled his groans, but when the agony triumphed beyond endurance, he threw down the altar, and his cries of anguish filled the glades of Oeta. Desperately he tried to tear the fatal shirt away; each tear tore his skin too, and, loathsome to relate, either it stuck, defeating his attempts to free it from his flesh, or else laid bare his lacerated muscles and huge bones. Why, as the poison burned, his very blood bubbled and hissed as when a white-hot blade is quenched in icy water. Never an end! The flames licked inwards, greedy for his guts; dark perspiration streamed from every pore; his scorching sinews crackled; the blind rot melted his marrow . . . In wounded agony he roamed the heights of Oeta [and died escaping pain in the flames of his funeral pyre]."

Ovid, Heroides 9. 115 ff (trans. Showerman) (Roman poetry C1st B.C. to C1st A.D.) :

"The darts [of Herakles] blackened with the venom of Lerna."

Seneca, Hercules Furens 44 (trans. Miller) (Roman tragedy C1st A.D.) :

"Why, he [Herakles] bears as weapons what he once fought and overcame; he goes armed by lion [i.e. the skin of the Nemeian lion] and by Hydra [i.e. his arrows dipped in its venom]."

Seneca, Hercules Furens 1194 ff :

"[Herakles' mourns his sons, felled by his own arrows :] `What of that shaft, still dripping with the blood of boys? It has been dipped in Hydra’s gore--ah, now my own weapons do I recognize. No need to ask the hand that used them! Who could have bent the bow or what hand drawn the string which scarce yields to me?'"

Z26.1B HYDRA,
    HERACLES
    S26.9 HYDRA,
    HERACLES

HYDRA GUARDIAN OF HADES

Virgil, Aeneid 6. 287 ff (trans. Fairclough) (Roman epic C1st B.C.) :
    "Many monstrous forms besides of various beasts are stalled at the doors [of Haides], Centauri and double-shaped Scyllae, and the hundredfold Briareus, and the beast of Lerna, hissing horribly, and the Chimaera armed with flame, Gorgones and Harpyiae, and the shape of the three-bodied shade [Geryon]."

Seneca, Hercules Furens 776 ff (trans. Miller) (Roman tragedy C1st A.D.) :

"The craft [of Kharon], ample for whole nations, sinks low beneath one man [Herakles, journeying to Haides] . . . Then the [shades of the] monsters he had conquered are in a panic, the fierce Centaurs and the Lapithae whom too much wine had inflamed to war; and, seeking the farthest fens of the Stygian swamp, Lerna’s labour plunges deep his fertile heads."

Valerius Flaccus, Argonautica 3. 224 (trans. Mozley) (Roman epic C1st A.D.) :

"[The Titan] Coeus in the lowest pit [of Tartaros] burst the adamantine bonds and trailing Jove’s [Zeus’[ fettering chains . . . conceives a hope of scaling heaven, yet though he repass the rivers and the gloom the hound of the Furiai [Kerberos] and the sprawling Hydra’s crest [the two guardians of Haides] repel him."

Statius, Silvae 2. 1. 228 ff (trans. Mozley) (Roman poetry C1st A.D.) :

"Neither the ferryman [Kharon] nor the comrade [the Hydra] of the cruel beast [Kerberos] bars the way [to the Underworld] to innocent souls."

Statius, Silvae 5. 3. 260 ff :

"But do ye, O monarchs of the dead and thou, Ennean Juno [Persephone], if ye approve my prayer [provide a peaceful journey for the soul of my dead father] . . . let the warder of the gate [Kerberos] make no fierce barking, let distant vales conceal the Centauri and Hydra’s multitude and Scylla’s monstrous horde [other monsters appointed guardians of Haides after their deaths]."

Last edited by Aylen; 02-15-2014 at 09:05 PM.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Revelation 13:3

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition

http://www.biblestudytools.com/revel...3-compare.html

Revelation 13

King James Version (KJV)

13 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
    10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
    11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
    12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
    13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

HYDRA LERNAIA was a gigantic, nine-headed water-serpent, which haunted the swamps of Lerna. Herakles was sent to destroy her as one of his twelve labours, but for each of her heads that he decapitated, two more sprang forth. So with the help of Iolaos, he applied burning brands to the severed stumps, cauterizing the wounds and preventing regeneration. In the battle he also crushed agiant crab beneath his heel which had come to assist Hydra. The Hydra and the Crab were afterwards placed amongst the stars by Hera as the Constellations Hydra and Cancer
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-15-2014 at 08:53 PM.

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heathens...

Just so it's clear... is that a directive? Or your choice of Gods?
    What I have learned on this site is, it is whatever you want it to be.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I like the word

Oft times used as an insult by Christians against people who don’t worship their god. They tend to confuse Atheism, Paganism and Heathenism. Atheism is of course a lack of belief in any gods. Paganism is an umbrella term for many polytheistic non-Abrahamic religions. Whereas a heathen is one who practices the pre-Christian religion of the ancient Germanic people. They worship the Germanic and Norse gods and goddess’.

Heathens are hard polytheists, meaning they believe each god and goddess is a real and distinct individual not an aspect or archetype of a greater being. Besides the major gods spoken of in the lore, there are also local gods, ancestral spirits, and various sorts of wights. To a heathen reading and understanding one’s heritage is very important, this is why there is such a heavy emphasis placed on reading the sagas. Heathens take their religion very seriously.

Heathens have a very complex idea of the soul and of the afterlife (even though not much emphasis is placed on the here after as is in Christianity). In Norse Mythology humans were created from living and organic matter, not dead earth. The soul is made up of many parts, some that are passed down through the generations, all of which come together in a certain place and time to form a unique person. Some parts of the soul pre-exist this life, some parts continue to live on, and some perish upon death. There are nine worlds in Norse Mythology, Midgard which is Earth, Asgard which is were the Aesir dwell, Hel which is the realm of the dead (not to be confused with the Christian notion of fiery Hell), Ljossalheim (Means Light Elf Home), which is where the demigods and divinized ancestral spirits dwell (these would be the home of elves), Svartalfheim (meaning Dark Elf Home), similar in that ancestral spirits and demigods dwell here as well but has to do more with emotional than intellectual spirits (this would be the home of dwarves), Vanaheim which is where the Vanir dwell, Jotunheim this is where the giants live, and Muspellsheim and Nifelheim are the worlds of fire and ice respectively.

Another concept which makes Heathen’s unique is that of the Wyrd. Basically that you weave your own fate by the actions you take in life. Every action that you take or don’t take effects your wyrd. There is no forgiveness (or sin for that matter), if you wrong someone you must take action to make amends and set what is wrong right.

Many Heathens go by the Nine Noble Virtues which are Hospitality, Courage, Truth, Loyalty, Honor, Self Reliance, Perseverance, and Discipline.
    Wicca is a Pagan religion whereas Asatru is Heathen.

Edit: I definitely vibe with some heathens.

YWIMW

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the word

Oft times used as an insult by Christians against people who don’t worship their god. They tend to confuse Atheism, Paganism and Heathenism. Atheism is of course a lack of belief in any gods. Paganism is an umbrella term for many polytheistic non-Abrahamic religions. Whereas a heathen is one who practices the pre-Christian religion of the ancient Germanic people. They worship the Germanic and Norse gods and goddess’.

Heathens are hard polytheists, meaning they believe each god and goddess is a real and distinct individual not an aspect or archetype of a greater being. Besides the major gods spoken of in the lore, there are also local gods, ancestral spirits, and various sorts of wights. To a heathen reading and understanding one’s heritage is very important, this is why there is such a heavy emphasis placed on reading the sagas. Heathens take their religion very seriously.

Heathens have a very complex idea of the soul and of the afterlife (even though not much emphasis is placed on the here after as is in Christianity). In Norse Mythology humans were created from living and organic matter, not dead earth. The soul is made up of many parts, some that are passed down through the generations, all of which come together in a certain place and time to form a unique person. Some parts of the soul pre-exist this life, some parts continue to live on, and some perish upon death. There are nine worlds in Norse Mythology, Midgard which is Earth, Asgard which is were the Aesir dwell, Hel which is the realm of the dead (not to be confused with the Christian notion of fiery Hell), Ljossalheim (Means Light Elf Home), which is where the demigods and divinized ancestral spirits dwell (these would be the home of elves), Svartalfheim (meaning Dark Elf Home), similar in that ancestral spirits and demigods dwell here as well but has to do more with emotional than intellectual spirits (this would be the home of dwarves), Vanaheim which is where the Vanir dwell, Jotunheim this is where the giants live, and Muspellsheim and Nifelheim are the worlds of fire and ice respectively.

Another concept which makes Heathen’s unique is that of the Wyrd. Basically that you weave your own fate by the actions you take in life. Every action that you take or don’t take effects your wyrd. There is no forgiveness (or sin for that matter), if you wrong someone you must take action to make amends and set what is wrong right.

Many Heathens go by the Nine Noble Virtues which are Hospitality, Courage, Truth, Loyalty, Honor, Self Reliance, Perseverance, and Discipline.
    Wicca is a Pagan religion whereas Asatru is Heathen.

Edit: I definitely vibe with some heathens.
    Heretic! off with your head!

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Heretic! off with your head!
    but, but, the devil made me do it! I am innocent.

YWIMW

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just about to watch this, which is relevant....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...r_Bible_Truth/

not sure what will crop up but will research anything exciting

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rat1: Once again, those weren't primary sources. And I'm
    not sure what you meant to show me by that. I know there's a lot of symbology behind the term "lamb", but what's the deal with astrology?
    A primary source about what people believed about the star signs would be e.g. the Phainomena by Aratos. There it says about Aries basically only that he's pretty fast and runs through the sky.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THe Rig Veda I quoted you, written in 2000 BC, is a primary source. The attributes of Aries are talked about extensively in the links. Aries has many attributes. It's fiery, it's the exaltation point of the sun (jesus is the sun king), it's the first sign, it's associated with new undertakings, new beginnings, pioneering, holy war, innocence, righteousness, spring... Many attributes.
    There are multiple Hebrew words for lamb.
    Aries is the ram and the lamb.
    If you don't believe it then... that's all. There's nothing left to say.
    Last edited by rat1; 02-16-2014 at 01:29 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, @rat1, not only the Christians burned books. Yes, they destroyed the library of Alexandria. But others enjoyed destroying books, too. Alexander the Great already destroyed a lot. Later Emperor Augustus burned all the magical books in Rome. Those that still remain today are thanks to Christians who copied them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast