LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Cool, forget that "Ti" whatever. Here is logic:
    1. this is socionics forum.
    2. you don't consider socionics a valid system.
    Conclusion: you are wasting your time and don't belong.

"I don't care what you think of Socionics, don't waste your time with this kind of stuff, "
    "You can put *** socionics aside and apply it to yourself."
    - Stringing contradictory statements.
    Conclusion: You should stop talking so that people can have doubts about you being stupid.
    The same "principles" apply to you you actually, I find everything you say stupid. I find trying to type people useful here, that's about all.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Cool, forget that "Ti" whatever. Here is logic:
    1. this is socionics forum.
    2. you don't consider socionics a valid system.
    Conclusion: you are wasting your time and don't belong.
    there are always going to be people here who don't think socionics is valid so instead of being threatened by different perspectives and saying they should just leave maybe you'd be better off either ignoring them or debating them constructively.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, I get his point... people who constantly call it stupid are according to them just here to call it stupid... and to me that's just... seriously if I had zero interest in socionics...I wouldn't be on this forum... so why are they?..

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

who does that? i can't think of anybody who only comes here to call it stupid and never socializes or participates otherwise.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    eh, I get his point... people who constantly call it stupid are according to them just here to call it stupid... and to me that's just... seriously if I had zero interest in socionics...I wouldn't be on this forum... so why are they?..
    There's a difference between questioning or challenging the validity of a system and calling it "stupid". And after all being interested in what Socionics has done with Jungian theories and trying to associate people's thought processes with specific functions is a personal choice. If this forum is your property, it would be great to know, because then I will act accordingly.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

if socionics IS valid it should stand up to plenty of scrutiny. it just totally ups the cult vibe when people are like NONBELIEVER, SHUN

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    there are always going to be people here who don't think socionics is valid so instead of being threatened by different perspectives and saying they should just leave maybe you'd be better off either ignoring them or debating them constructively.
    Me being threatened by that perspective is quite a big misreading on your part. I am just disgusted by seeing quality of argument and intellect that allows to speaking socionics while not thinking it is true and the attitude that we are writing funfiction here. That shit can really kill actual socionics discussion and forum.
    I was constructive.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Me being threatened by that perspective is quite a big misreading on your part. I am just disgusted by seeing quality of argument and intellect that allows to speaking socionics while not thinking it is true and the attitude that we are writing funfiction here. That shit can really kill actual socionics discussion and forum.
    I was constructive.
    When I pull up a whole argument against or in favor of Socionics, I will let you know and I will write at least a few paragraphs. I've been here for about 2 months, "exploring" what socionics is about in a dynamic way, so to speak, because reading profiles and theory by myself measured against my life experience was not convincing enough. If it worked for you, great. This doesn't prevent me from having my own perspective and opinions. You've just tried some rudimentary Procustean moves in what you said coupled with insults. That's useless and not particularly intelligent.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if socionics IS valid it should stand up to plenty of scrutiny. it just totally ups the cult vibe when people are like NONBELIEVER, SHUN
    seriously?... you just blew his statement and mine up x100.

I don't see the forum as a cult nor do I differentiate people into believers and nonbelievers..that's fucking silly.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    There's a difference between questioning or challenging the validity of a system and calling it "stupid". And after all being interested in what Socionics has done with Jungian theories and trying to associate people's thought processes with specific functions is a personal choice. If this forum is your property, it would be great to know, because then I will act accordingly.
    I never stated not to question or challenge any system. especially not socionics. Hell I have never even said I believe it as a truth or anything of the sort. I said I found it interesting. dear god.

here are my exact words: seriously if I had zero interest in socionics...I wouldn't be on this forum... so why are they?..

***I just realized that AshSun was not Absurd..
    ..so. oops.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he just looks through a pair of Socionics glasses which can be taken off anytime. Most things that people value come from life experience, not Quadras, from things and activities they are accustomed to and from their own set of cognitive schemes, tastes and dispositions. And if you still want to think in Quadras, how do you deal with "complications" that derive from one being raised in a fruitful outta-Quadra environment. Explain that, if you can.
    If you're not any Quadra nor ascribe to Quadras you're just wasting your and other people's precious time. In fact, the 'I can count to potato show' you're entertaining me with is enough example that when you allegedly "disregard" those Quadras, you stick to Clubs. When you stick to Clubs and favour one over another you immediately give off info that you favour particular Quadra over another.

Socionics be with you and maybe after 100 years you're going to type yourself.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

seriously?... you just blew his statement and mine up x100. I'm saying I do not get the mindset of Absurd sticking around when he declares everything about this site to be stupid: the people, socionics... It's his way of pushing out his chest...
    really most of his posts are incoherent babble that largely contradict themselves.

I don't see the forum as a cult nor do I differentiate people into believers and nonbelievers..that's fucking silly.
    absurd is annoying but i think a lot of the socionics questioning is constructive. its stuff like this:

I am just disgusted by seeing quality of argument and intellect that allows to speaking socionics while not thinking it is true and the attitude that we are writing funfiction here. That shit can really kill actual socionics discussion and forum.
    how is it a sign of low intellect to discuss socionics without thinking its true?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." - f scott fitzgerald

in some situations i've seen discussions get killed but in other situations i've seen discussions get started. shrug

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What the fack are you even talking about?

Take your blacksheep for she doesn't have any wool.

Seriously, it isn't my problem some of yous can't read. Literacy test is missing when registering on this site. It better be mandatory.
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-13-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    It seems rather irrational to me to believe unflinchingly in a system with no tangible, rational, proof. It seems unhealthy to me to constantly classify every aspect of human behavior, which encompasses millions of different perspectives, into a bite-sized, inane system of 8 different functions.
    That coming from a self-typed LSI, EIE, ESE, SLE and LSE sure doesn't sound comical.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is it a sign of low intellect to discuss socionics without thinking its true?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." - f scott fitzgerald

in some situations i've seen discussions get killed but in other situations i've seen discussions get started. shrug
    You are being awfully general when I am being quite specific.
    It is not about discussing socionics while not believing it its about speaking it.
    Holding opposed ideas in mind working at their contradictions is intelligence.
    Speaking them one sentence over the other undisturbed by that contradiction is a sign of being full of mixture of some ratio of stupid and bullshit.
    In one post AshSun defines something as related to half of quadra. In the next one she say exactly such a thing is BS.
    There is no shining that potato.

PS. That got Williams post covered as well

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What the fack are you even talking about?

Take your blacksheep for she doesn't have any wool.

Seriously, it isn't my problem some of yous can't read. Literacy test is missing when registering on this site. It better be mandatory.
    lol nice edit.

my point still stands that you are just a gross person overall.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a newbie to socionics and forums, I did find it discouraging to post a question and receive responses like Socionics is broken, or mysterious comments seemingly unrelared to Socionics, etc. However, there are usually some helpful people posting here for those who don't give up.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are being awfully general when I am being quite specific.
    It is not about discussing socionics while not believing it its about speaking it.
    Holding opposed ideas in mind working at their contradictions is intelligence.
    Speaking them one sentence over the other undisturbed by that contradiction is a sign of being full of mixture of some ratio of stupid and bullshit.
    In one post AshSun defines something as related to half of quadra. In the next one she say exactly such a thing is BS.
    There is no shining that potato.

PS. That got Williams post covered as well
    You mean my claim that Alpha SF is gossip and small talk? In my opinion, yes, within the frame of reference of Socionics, taken as an abstraction >> because that is what this system is for me, just as mbti, only one way of looking at people while reducing them to IMs and stereotypes.
    In the "potato" metaphor that, as far as I can see, is still eating some people's minds alive, you are trying to adopt a role for which you are not entitled. You haven't read articles of mine or heard me talk about books and theories my work has to do with, you're just trying to apply some Ne to a few words on a forum. I wish I had time for writing pages about Socionics, but I don't. I didn't even write an "introductory post" tirade, cause I consider it useless.
    Last edited by Amber; 02-13-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol nice edit.

my point still stands that you are just a gross person overall.
    Yes. I did edit it. I added two lines, now go back to your cave arse lady. I seriously have qualms "believing" you're going to form any kind of long-lasting relationship. You're dysfunctional.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potato was reference to "I can count to potato" meme. Glad you asked.

Edit: Didn't read Absurd's post with same association until now.
    Last edited by Esaman; 02-13-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    I
    The entire quote (>> Fitzgerald) is complete, arbitrary bullshit. It also seems completely, shamelessly biased towards DA cog style. Too bad idiocy like that (probably) often creeps into public policy... Also makes me wonder if silke/siuntal is right about you being EII after all.
    I'm striving to find some minimal intelligence in this mention. One must be really empty, superficial and indoctrinated (actually brainwashed) to read ideas of great authors only as reflective of a Socionics cognitive style.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Potato was reference to "I can count to potato" meme. Glad you asked.
    I didn't ask, you are very transparent. You haven't commented on anything mine until now, spilling your "superior misanthropy".

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to write down superior misanthropy for later use, just like I did Hochdeutch Wall Street American.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, actually what dudes like Esaman and others were saying and doing sounded something like this and I didn't interpret it correctly :

"If human beings were shown what they are really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves" (Aldous Huxley)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a great deal of respect for Esaman's ideas. I find his writing to be very enjoyable to read, and very informative, as I have on several occasions had discussions with him regarding a number of topics. I take some offence to some of the thinly veiled mean responses. Do some of you people enjoy talking in this way? In real life? I would find it irritating and disheartening if I overheard people talking like this to each other, especially if I held the person being talked about in high regard. Esaman seems to be a pretty neat person, who holds true to his vision, and if you are not defensive enough to listen to it, there is quite a bit of wisdom in what he says.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HereticWacey View Post
    I have a great deal of respect for Esaman's ideas. I find his writing to be very enjoyable to read, and very informative, as I have on several occasions had discussions with him regarding a number of topics. I take some offence to some of the thinly veiled mean responses. Do some of you people enjoy talking in this way? In real life? I would find it irritating and disheartening if I overheard people talking like this to each other, especially if I held the person being talked about in high regard. Esaman seems to be a pretty neat person, who holds true to his vision, and if you are not defensive enough to listen to it, there is quite a bit of wisdom in what he says.
    oh, you call "Socionics is my Law" vision.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

riiiiaaaahht.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because that is what this system is for me, ... ,only one way at looking at people while reducing them to IMs and stereotypes.
    you're just trying to apply some Ne to a few words on a forum.
    One must be really empty, superficial and indoctrinated (actually brainwashed) to read ideas of ... authors only as reflective of a Socionics cognitive style.
    Judging words of people according to your lower intellectual standards simultaneously as performing the infractions with a straight face. Ethereal.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Judging words of people according to your lower intellectual standards simultaneously as performing the infractions with a straight face. Ethereal.
    Getting stuck on bullshitting. Brilliant, intelligent.
    **Your intellectual and human standards are low, you haven't said anything meaningful until now, you're just demonizing functions and people and seemingly looking for what you call "contradictions".
    Full-blown shadow projection : " Properly understood, projection is not a voluntary happening; it is something that approaches the conscious mind from “outside,” a kind of sheen on the object, while all the time the subject remains unaware that he himself is the source of light which causes the cat’s eye of the projection to shine.” When we shadow project, we hypnotize ourselves into relating to our own shadow as if it is outside of ourselves. Jung talked about “…the overweening pretensions of the human shadow, which we so gladly project on our fellow man in order to visit our own sins upon him with apparent justification.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@HereticWacey Sorry and thx.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've liked a lot of esamans posts and i think i've been respectful here. it seems like i can never be forthright about my opinions on here without being portrayed as some kind of bitch. maybe its something about the way i talk but the way i talk to people i don't like is different than how i've been talking to esaman.

@Ath brush your teeth and go to bed.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't talking about you, lungs. I notice how respectful as well as forthcoming you are and I always admired your style.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wasn't talking about you, lungs. I notice how respectful as well as forthcoming you are and I always admired your style.
    **You are very transparent. You haven't commented on anything mine until now , spilling your "superior misanthropy"".**
    > something very similar applies to you, as well. We've never exchanged any words, but here pops HereticW. all of a sudden and out of the blue trying to pass subjective ethical judgement onto me during a pseudo-discussion with a sociopath about what I'm doing in my life.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are weird.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are weird.
    that's more reasonable than "you are rude " (and writing a whole paragraph about it) without knowing me at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12