Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xerx's instinct stacking

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    The way so-lasters try to relate to others is talking about their personal experiences, preferences, their family, relationships, daily matters, etc. This way of relating may seem kind of self-centered, even arrogant, and may be isolationist but it also feels more personal. The way that people who value social instinct relate to others is incorporating socio-cultural topics into their discussion, which is more inclusive, they are bringing up topics that make it easy for others to join a conversation even if they don't know each other very well, not as self-involved, but it also feels more impersonal.
    hm, that's intriguing. I'm starting to think I may have so in my stacking after all. It was always a toss up between sp and so for last.

... can be easily attributed to socionics 'democratic' trait. Why do you think this is an example of devalued SO instinct instead of you typing as a democratic type?
    I'm personally skeptical of the democrat / aristocrat Reinin dichotomy, at least the way it's described by Reinin. I can name examples of democratic types heavily into political activism, and aristocratic types that are the complete opposite.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I want to trade my sx/sp for something chill.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The way so-lasters try to relate to others is talking about their personal experiences, preferences, their family, relationships, daily matters, etc. This way of relating may seem kind of self-centered, even arrogant, and may be isolationist but it also feels more personal. The way that people who value social instinct relate to others is incorporating socio-cultural topics into their discussion, which is more inclusive, they are bringing up topics that make it easy for others to join a conversation even if they don't know each other very well, not as self-involved, but it also feels more impersonal.
    ^^^^ I see your point that topics people bring into conversation can reflect the instinctual stack, but let's not disregard that, for example, someone may talk about socio-cultural issues (race, gender, cultural wars etc) because they study or work in a related field. I suppose not all sociologists or anthropologists were So first. I agree with most parts of your descriptions of stackings I had found among socionics articles. I usually try to see if there´s any form of activism, a declaration of subjective engagement and preference , or just neutral observation. From my experience with people I´ve attached stackings to : sx last avoids talking stuff that could engage their passion, intimacy, it´s like their identity is constructed mainly socially or through what gives them a form of security (status, money, family); so last can be intense or mysterious , but appears more self-centered and even narrow-minded (limited to their personal experience) taken to the extreme -- they tend however to bring "the psyche" into conversation, whether theirs or another´s; sp last can look changeable or sporadic, not settled, too outward-focused, you sometimes wonder if they do have any stable sense of self at all. Of course assuming the three instincts are no super healthily working in unison. Even when trying to spot the stack of a famous personality, I think looking at their life as well is useful. That´s why, for instance, I´m not sure Nietzsche was sx/so. He hadn´t had many relationships , rather eternally pining for Lou...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I want to trade my sx/sp for something chill.
    sp/so are refreshing and chill, though dry and matter of fact; go for them

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    sp/so are refreshing and chill, though dry and matter of fact; go for them
    My mom's sp/so, I'm pretty sure. She yelled a lot. about mundane things. I didn't like that. If you gonna yell at me it better be a passionate outburst, that cuts me down quick, like a ninja, or you don't get a second chance. Never mind I'm keeping sx/sp

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    but I'd say my time is predominantly spent in a type of withdrawn reflection, edging into melancholy with a somewhat "musical" mood. I used to like the idea of 7, but now I'm not sure; 7 makes the most sense for me at 20 or less years old.
    wait.. I changed my mind. I suddenly feel manic and super-extroverted all of a sudden. I'm under-stimulated; Fuck that melancholy bs. I probably just have mood swings.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    hm, that's intriguing. I'm starting to think I may have so in my stacking after all. It was always a toss up between sp and so for last.
    Looking at the so-last descriptions here, for an sx/sp or sp/sx you don't have a strong thematic association to topics sex/death/metamorphosis/decay or this kind of shrouded/hooded/cave-dweller/dark loner quality in how you present yourself on the forum at least, making both sp/sx and sx/sp stacking a poor fit for you.

You also don't have the kind of thunder-and-lightening "flamenco dancer" presentation common to sx/so extraverts where once in a while they would gush out about their personal life, talk about those who comprise their current circle of friends or randomly comment on how many people they have slept with in all the gory detail.

This leaves three potential stacking: so/sx, so/sp, sp/sx and my bet is on so/sp.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the so-last descriptions here, for an sx/sp or sp/sx you don't have a strong thematic association to topics sex/death/metamorphosis/decay or this kind of shrouded/hooded/cave-dweller/dark loner quality in how you present yourself on the forum at least, making both sp/sx and sx/sp stacking a poor fit for you.
    I do; I have a more complex personality than might appear in my posts. Even my writing style is different from my real tone. I certainly don't relate to that SX-last description, sorry. But you're welcome to your opinions, which are subjectively valid in so far as you don't really know me.

This though... seems familiar.
    upward Death :: Metamorphosis and transmogrification. Being burned to death and born again into a body tuned to a higher vibration. Losing the self (dying) in the Other, in an upward peak of flame and ecstasy. The wet fire.

In any case, it doesn't matter because I've already gotten bored of this topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12