Thread: Identifying information elements in quotes split

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    No dude, I'm just using that notation to represent the deep meaning of "positivism" and "negativism".
    Uh, no, you're fixated on semantics. Otherwise, you wouldn't have thrown a fit when told that a positivist type can have a "negative" base function.

I'm using them in the context of "Bloem's stuff".
    Good for you, then we're not talking about the same signs. Good bye and good luck.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Uh, no, you're fixated on semantics. Otherwise, you wouldn't have thrown a fit when told that a positivist type can have a "negative" base function.
    "Fixated on semantics" is a classic "loser's retort".

Good for you, then we're not talking about the same signs. Good bye and good luck.
    Good day, and good riddance. If you choose to ignore my posts, you've three times lost.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Fixated on semantics" is a classic "loser's retort".
    Good day, and good riddance.
    If this somehow means you'll never respond to my posts, then it was worth it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this somehow means you'll never respond to my posts, then it was worth it.
    You don't mean that.

Anyway, since I think I might've missed the essence of one of your objections, I'd like to elaborate a bit on an earlier point of mine:
    A positivist says "yeah" to information. A negativist says "yeah, but". It's pretty easy to spot in people and that's why I use "plus" to denote "positivism" and "minus" to denote "negativism".
    I assign "plus" and "minus" to specific functions because I think an "individual function" can be either positivist or negativist. A "positivist" or "plus" function says "yeah" to information, whereas a "negativist" or "minus" function says "yeah, but" to information. Consider this example:
    My boss is LSI. LSI has primary plus-Ti and secondary minus-Se (I'm using "secondary" instead of "auxiliary" now because it is an easier word to type). One night when I was closing, he asked me if I had completed zoning my area. I told him yes, and he responded by pointing to an aisle I had forgotton to zone and saying "doesn't look like you zoned this". In this aisle there were boxes that were slightly out of place or completely knocked over, items (objects) were in the wrong places, shit was just a big mess. Here is my definition for "minus-Se":
    "minus-Se" = "obvious differences in or of the objects
    So basically, a "positivist type" is a type with a "positivist" or "plus-" primary function and a "negativist type" is a type with a "negativist" or "minus-" primary function.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I assign "plus" and "minus" to specific functions because I think an "individual function" can be either positivist or negativist. A "positivist" or "plus" function says "yeah" to information, whereas a "negativist" or "minus" function says "yeah, but" to information.
    Nope. Positivist types can also say "yes, but.." to what they are being told.

link - Positivists are better at assimilating affirmative experiences. They are inclined to "convert" negative experiences into positive ones (they try to find the "silver lining"). They speak more of the positive and try to present negative moments on a positive background ("Yes, this is a problem, but..."—then continue to paint a positive picture).

You haven't thought this through very well, have you?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Nope. Positivist types can also say "yes, but.." to what they are being told.
    link - Positivists are better at assimilating affirmative experiences. They are inclined to "convert" negative experiences into positive ones (they try to find the "silver lining"). They speak more of the positive and try to present negative moments on a positive background ("Yes, this is a problem, but..."—then continue to paint a positive picture).

You haven't thought this through very well, have you?
    You're a moron.
    Positivist types are more inclined to spot similarities and draw analogies ("they are so alike", "y is just like x" etc.), while Negativist are inclined to instead look at contrasts or alternatives ("they are nothing alike!"). Figuratively speaking, if Positivists are shown the front side then they will be looking at the front side, while Negativists will try to look at its inverse. If this inverse is not readily apparent, they will start searching for it. Thus Negativists do not seek to present a "negative" or "pessimistic" view of things, but simply the inverse or the alternative one.
    "Front side" = "yeah"
    "Inverse" = "yeah, but"

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positivist converge points together. Negativists make clear divergences.The former attempts to tie all the strings together. The Latter attempts to unravel the knots.

Both have their purposes and placement.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You're a moron.
    Aw, don't be so bitter that you can't explain anything.