Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI, 5w6 sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    In very simplified terms ...there is a grain of truth. Some additions. And you can also check this page for more details : http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/functions.html.
    For typing people I recommend analyzing behavior, not only words /text and a series of dichotomies. It can give you hints on temperament and lead you directly to functions people use when they process the world around them.
    Thanks for the additions and the link (I visited socioniko.net before, my favorite site remains en.socionics.ru). The reasons to keep my descriptions so short are that I'm still a beginner and secondly I would like to know socionics by head.

By the way, I'm surprised to find this thread now in the General socionics discussion and not only in Introductions where it started. I found out by coincidence.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    By the way, I'm surprised to find this thread now in the General socionics discussion and not only in Introductions where it started. I found out by coincidence.
    The mods here will split perceived thread derails when necessary. Your intro thread, minus these posts, should still be in the intro section.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 01-31-2014 at 05:21 AM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Thanks for the additions and the link (I visited socioniko.net before, my favorite site remains en.socionics.ru). The reasons to keep my descriptions so short are that I'm still a beginner and secondly I would like to know socionics by head.
    yes, it's a good one, i found this particularly useful when i discovered it : http://en.socionics.ru/index.php?opt...253&Itemid=138
    Last edited by Amber; 01-31-2014 at 09:29 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For edification purposes, maybe a mod could sticky this post. (Even the inevitable post-information pissing contest has quality input from various sources.)

Take a tip from one who's engaged in this sort of thing and has lived to regret it - and one who doesn't have a horse in the race - to greater and lesser extents, there's something of value in each of your different interpretations… Given where it all started, years ago, adrift with babelfish'd Russian translations and holdover notions from MBTI that anyone who smiles is an ethical type, it's been a hell of a journey -- and "land ho!" if everyone keeps pushing. There's no sense letting pride get in the way.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    For edification purposes, maybe a mod could sticky this post. (Even the inevitable post-information pissing contest has quality input from various sources.)

Take a tip from one who's engaged in this sort of thing and has lived to regret it - and one who doesn't have a horse in the race - to greater and lesser extents, there's something of value in each of your different interpretations… Given where it all started, years ago, adrift with babelfish'd Russian translations and holdover notions from MBTI that anyone who smiles is an ethical type, it's been a hell of a journey -- and "land ho!" if everyone keeps pushing. There's no sense letting pride get in the way.
    You've come a long way. Good work.
    Easy Day