Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I try not to drink so early in the day. I am tired though. I haven’t been able to sleep well lately. I gained a lot of weight in the past few years and only recently got back down to a normal BMI again. I’m still trying not to eat since I’m most comfortable being thin. But being hungry makes it hard to sleep. I only eat one meal a day — at supper, since I’m able to feel sleepy more easily once there’s something in my stomach. But if I wake up in the night, usually to pee, it’s really hard to get back to sleep. So I’ve been very tired lately because of that.
    I've had many days start out with beer in my cereal because I didn't have any milk.

Eating one meal a day might be sustainable if you are getting enough calories and nutrients and protein, but it sounds like something is not working out correctly.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've had many days start out with beer in my cereal because I didn't have any milk.
    @Adam Strange You always seem to keep amazing me with your Si PoLR every time. I seem to always be learning something new lol

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Eating one meal a day might be sustainable if you are getting enough calories and nutrients and protein, but it sounds like something is not working out correctly.
    Well, that’s the idea. Calories in < calories out. I’m probably not getting optimal nutrition, but humans are resilient! I’ll be fine. I just need to work harder at sleeping. That’s really the only problem I have. Fortunately mobilizing Si is so dysfunctional I’m blessed with the ability not to feel consciously hungry, for instance.

Though it’s interesting. I notice that when I don’t eat, I’ll unconsciously betray myself and start moving automatically to go make or find food while I’m distracted, thinking about other things. And it’s strange; if I just stop myself I go right back to this as soon as my attention is distracted. It feels like I have to concentrate on overriding an autopilot program when this happens. I’ve been buying gum and mints to inhibit this tendency. Also, sometimes when I haven’t eaten for a long time I feel sharp stabs of pains on or very close to my bones, either in my upper arms or ribs, as if someone had jabbed an enormous, thick needle onto them, somehow bypassing my skin. I think this is my unconscious realizing I’ve turned off my hunger perception and trying to send me another signal. Lol. This happened especially frequently when I was a kid, and it took me a while to realize that eating made these pains go away. But I’ve since developed the ability to mostly override this as well.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Well, that’s the idea. Calories in < calories out. I’m probably not getting optimal nutrition, but humans are resilient! I’ll be fine. I just need to work harder at sleeping. That’s really the only problem I have. Fortunately mobilizing Si is so dysfunctional I’m blessed with the ability not to feel consciously hungry, for instance.
    In addition to making you gain weight, drinking will majorly disrupt your sleep cycle. Alcohol consumption prevents you from entering deep/ REM sleep. Even though you fall asleep quicker after a couple of drinks, you’re not getting restorative sleep, which leads you to feeling tired the next day. Back when I was drinking, I would wake up nearly every night between 3-4 am and would start drinking again until I fell back asleep. Not surprisingly, I was always tired lol.

Sorry I hope this doesn’t come across as too lecture-y lol.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    In addition to making you gain weight, drinking will majorly disrupt your sleep cycle. Alcohol consumption prevents you from entering deep/ REM sleep. Even though you fall asleep quicker after a couple of drinks, you’re not getting restorative sleep, which leads you to feeling tired the next day. Back when I was drinking, I would wake up nearly every night between 3-4 am and would start drinking again until I fell back asleep. Not surprisingly, I was always tired lol.

Sorry I hope this doesn’t come across as too lecture-y lol.
    You know, oddly, I tend to sleep better when I’ve drunk. It’s likely as you say counter to the chemical effect of alcohol, but I think it’s because it makes me happy and calm, while my difficulty sleeping comes from a feeling of being tense and uncomfortable. The more stressed I am the more difficult it is to sleep.