Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the WEST who is hurting children right now.

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

Kyiv Troll Factory Worker ChaosConductor6669's Avatar
    TIM
    Allegory
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've seen Vishnu and Shiva... Siddhartha is coming. Jesus is Vishnu btw.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shiva is the devil. He will never let you near God unless you're pure of heart...

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want money for people with minds that hate.......................

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The monkey's say it's pseudoscience.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son.

-Krishna

https://youtu.be/Tj1Tu55BbVg?si=QUpEIcbqcOxV8i4v

Embedopoulos pls

Electrical engineering of ensoulment

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that video very much. The creator of that video is probably either LII or ILE (a lot of Ti + Ne)

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I stumbled upon an AI generated metal song. It kinda surprised me by its quality so I've gone ahead and listened to other AI metal songs. I ended up subscribing to two AI music channels. I'm a musician so I should have being more aware of what is going on with AI music (I mean I follow the gears and music softwares (VSTs and DAWs) news since about thirty years now (on a daily basis since 56k modems and Internet appeared in France )). So I've decided to figure out how these songs were actually made and I it's even more shockingly easy than what I have expected....

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@godslave On a related note, I watched this the other day:

I don't completely agree with everything he says, but I think the overarching theme and his arguments are on point.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    @godslave On a related note, I watched this the other day:

I don't completely agree with everything he says, but I think the overarching theme and his arguments are on point.
    [I don't like his condescending way of presenting his stuff. A lot of youtubers display that kind of energy and attitude, I find it very irritating. I prefer guys like Rick Beato, he's more humble and wise.]

So basically he is saying that AI isn't human ! I agree with him for the most part because what he said is kinda obvious. But when it comes to music, the truth is that if one feels emotions when listening to it then music has accomplished its goal no matter who, how and what generated it. I mean, people enjoy video game music, chiptune music etc.. EDM is the second most popular music genre, "computer music" for God's sake.. Most people don't try to analyse music when they are listening to it because they are too busy emoting !

Besides, trying to outsmart AI just because you know "human beings !" is just illusory giving the expected evolution of AI ( chatGPT 5 will be the real game changer). I mean even on the emotional side, AI is obviously not sentient but it doesn't need to be because we are and our emotional reactions come essentially from within us even if they can be triggered by our senses or our imagination.
    Last edited by godslave; Yesterday at 09:52 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@godslave I see it as just another tool in the arsenal for creating music. Music generated by these machine learning models and algorithms (whether it includes beats, melodies, harmony, vocals, entire arrangements, complete mixes, or just lyrics) is still based on archived data produced by humans, so in a sense everything these things output is still very much human. Just assembled or juxtaposed in different ways. Will these creations ever reach a point where they can jam and create music in real time like humans can? Probably not. But what would be the point of that, anyway.

And I see what you mean about Adam Neely's presentation style. Many of these youtubers have a narcissistic streak to them, including Beato. Neely tends to condense more factual information into his videos, while Beato seems more creative, versatile and relatable. And of course he would be wiser, considering the discrepancy in age and experience (which he's got a ton of, in multiple facets of the music industry).
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@godslave I see it as just another tool in the arsenal for creating music. Music generated by these machine learning models and algorithms (whether it includes beats, melodies, harmony, vocals, or just lyrics) is still based on archived data produced by humans, so in a sense everything these things output is still very much human. Just assembled or juxtaposed in different ways. Will these creations ever reach a point where they can jam and create music in real time like humans can? Probably not.
    Yes I agree ! AI applied to music can be considered as some kind of assistant or a tool albeit special. I think that in matter of AI usage, the art of prompting is where the human touch is still a significant variable. I think that using the internet data is what the current AI is doing but the next generation which is coming very soon (maybe in the next two years) will be way more advanced and will generate its own original "art". That's unavoidable and the AI creative potential can be limited or should I say "controlled" only by legislations.

That said, to me music is more than just a final "product" (that term is often used in the music industry for both "artists" and their music !). I mean actually performing music, creating it on the fly and feel the bodily sensations it gives is at least as rewarding as listening to it. Now, AI has our ears covered (no pun intended !) but what about our bellies ? I can't wait for this kind of stuff (yum-yum !)..

And I see what you mean about Adam Neely's presentation style. Many of these youtubers have a narcissistic streak to them, including Beato. Neely tends to condense more factual information into his videos, while Beato seems more creative, versatile and relatable. And of course he would be wiser, considering the discrepancy in age and experience (which he's got a ton of, in multiple facets of the music industry).
    Indeed ! You're absolutely right in your observations !
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL that was so lame with the pan fried catfish... and he didn't even ask for the utensils! I have never been able to get myself to watch any Sci-Fi shows or movies. It's a genre that never drew my attention. I do like crazy, unreal stuff, but I want it made from already existing (real) ingredients, if that makes any sense. And wasn't that guy the same actor who played the lead role in the "Quantum Leap" series? I can't remember how much of a Sci-Fi show that was, but I did like watching it as a kid. I think there was some time travel involved with some intriguing mystery plots.
    Last edited by Park; Yesterday at 11:48 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I think that using the internet data is what the current AI is doing but the next generation which is coming very soon (maybe in the next two years) will be way more advanced and will generate its own original "art".
    It will still have to be based on existing art (created by humans) and/or concepts related to and comprising art (also created by humans).

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will still have to be based on existing art (created by humans) and/or concepts related to and comprising art (also created by humans).
    Well, I guess will have to wait and see. Maybe it will come up with a new form of musical expression ! Maybe it will find a new way of developing great music from the ashes of tonal music after the second viennese school apocalypse ! I mean anything will be better than Schoenberg's dodecaphony and musique concrète (JK !).

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL that was so lame with the pan fried catfish... and he didn't even ask for the utensils! I have never been able to get myself to watch any Sci-Fi shows or movies. It's a genre that never drew my attention. I do like crazy, unreal stuff, but I want it made from already existing (real) ingredients, if that makes any sense. And wasn't that guy the same actor who played the lead role in the "Quantum Leap" series? I can't remember how much of a Sci-Fi show that was, but I did like watching it as a kid. I think there was some time travel involved with some intriguing mystery plots.
    Yes, it's Scott Bakula ! Quantum Leap is one of my favorite series ever. I like all the 80's Donald Bellisario production series.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another show I really liked from around that time is the Nero Wolfe Mysteries, with Tim Hutton and the fat guy playing Nero Wolfe.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it might have been late 90's when that was filmed.
    Last edited by Park; Today at 12:43 AM.

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899