Hybrid View

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Thanks for the input. This is indeed how I see it myself, she's indeed still 'stuck' in a phase revolving around immediate gratification. I myself started cutting back on meat about 8 years ago, when one day I realized that although meat tastes good, it also makes me sort of passive when I eat too much of it. Imagine a lion having just eaten a zebra, and now lying inactive on its back having his tummy warmed by the sum, tongue hanging out of his mouth. That sort of thing. .
    Yeah, I definitely empathize.

Another thing- I don't know what type you are, so ignore this if it isn't relevant, but it may help to mimic or produce a lot of Ti. I know that when I'm whiny or pouty, Ti can put me in a "yeah you're right I was dumb I will go do that now" mode. Blaze's suggestion about the book isn't a bad idea. If you do that, I would suggest somehow reinforcing the ideas in the book on your own, but somehow trying to frame them in a Ti and not Te way, like "this is what these food groups do and they will have this effect on your body" not "if you want to feel better you need to do this."

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Yeah, I definitely empathize.

Another thing- I don't know what type you are, so ignore this if it isn't relevant, but it may help to mimic or produce a lot of Ti. I know that when I'm whiny or pouty, Ti can put me in a "yeah you're right I was dumb I will go do that now" mode. Blaze's suggestion about the book isn't a bad idea. If you do that, I would suggest somehow reinforcing the ideas in the book on your own, but somehow trying to frame them in a Ti and not Te way, like "this is what these food groups do and they will have this effect on your body" not "if you want to feel better you need to do this."
    That's one of the problems, I'm Ti-PoLR ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    That's one of the problems, I'm Ti-PoLR ;-)
    I'm sorry.

I was hoping that you were Te-creative.

Well, ultimately another person's weight loss is their own task, maybe in lieu of mimicking Ti you pretend to be all callous like an Fi-PoLR (lol). Throw her a book, give off these "all the information you need is in here, how you choose to act on it is your own deal, dude" vibes.