Thread: Article: Examination of Gender Roles by Sociotype by E. Filatova

Hybrid View

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    And now, the elephant in the room... how has a gendered perspective impacted socionics theory as a whole?

Think of romantic attitudes (aggressor-victim/ infantile-caregiver), for example.

Bias cannot be avoided, sure. But it can be detected.
    Oh, gendered bias has definitely affected those romantic attitudes.

Aggressor: Wants to be loved abstractly (static/intuitive)
    Victim: Wants to love abstractly (dynamic/intuitive)
    Caregiver: Wants to be loved concretely (static/sensing)
    Infantile: Wants to love concretely (dynamic/sensing)

Aggressor and Caregiver see love as a static state and once they can make the other person love them, they'll stay that way, and Victim and Infantile see love as a dynamic state and something they constantly have to do, so they continually show their admiration for the other person, is the logic behind that. If anything in Socionics needs a name change, it's probably the romantic attitudes.

The obvious problem with how they're characterized to me is that in American culture at least, Victim is supposed to be more masculine and Aggressor more feminine ("women need to play hard-to-get and find a man who really admires them", cf. the knight and the princess, or Goethe's various protagonists who fall in love with these idolized women), although Caregiver is still more masculine and Infantile more feminine (Caregiver = breadwinner), so basically the whole Beta and Gamma quadrants are more stereotypically suited towards masculine romance styles (having Ni/Se) and Alpha and Delta towards feminine (having Ne/Si). However, in reality there are basically an equal amount of people of both sexes in all of the quadras, so romance is probably just a pain in the arse for basically exactly half of the population. Aggressor and Victim seem to have no correlation with any sort of BDSM activities from what I've seen (although that probably has a correlation with Infantile/Caregiver since those are modulated by Si and Se, which do seem to correlate with that kind of thing. Someone should study this).
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-03-2016 at 02:10 AM.