Thread: Member Questionnaire (TheWholeEnglish)

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    I say boy oh boy a lot. Ad niffty! And neato! And holy canoli!

I really don't think I'm LII. My manager at work is LII. I'm not anything like that guy. Also, I dated one. We had the most unbelievably frustrating relationship for like a month. Like, I wasn't emotionally open (because I'm terrified of people), and when I'm not emotionally open I rely on humor and sarcasm (see, like, all of my posts), and his behavior looks like what I'm doing when I make fun of myself...so neither of us ever knew if the other was being honest or protective...we looked identical, but for different reasons...?

Is that useful information at all?
    Do people sometimes accuse you of condescending, when really you were just trying to explain something clearly? When you do something awkward, are you more afraid of people laughing at you or getting blank stares?

Identical relationships don't always work out for a variety of reasons. I've never been in one but I imagine two LIIs in a relationship would be indistinguishable from fuck-buddies.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Meged-Ovcharov

Ctrl-f "Researcher" at the link. If my sense of your type is correct (and it almost certainly is ) then you are my identical sociotype and subtype
    Last edited by nefnaf; 12-16-2013 at 12:09 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    Do people sometimes accuse you of condescending, when really you were just trying to explain something clearly? When you do something awkward, are you more afraid of people laughing at you or getting blank stares?

Identical relationships don't always work out for a variety of reasons. I've never been in one but I imagine two LIIs in a relationship would be indistinguishable from fuck-buddies.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Meged-Ovcharov

Ctrl-f "Researcher" at the link. If my sense of your type is correct (and it almost certainly is ) then you are my identical sociotype and subtype
    I don't think I get accused of being condescending? But I probably am.

I guess blank stares? If you're laughed at you can play it off cool.

yeah, that sounds decently like me...unfortunately a lot of them do....i'm worried a lot of this is becoming foyer effect-y.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I get accused of being condescending? But I probably am.

I guess blank stares? If you're laughed at you can play it off cool.

yeah, that sounds decently like me...unfortunately a lot of them do....i'm worried a lot of this is becoming foyer effect-y.
    The "Foyer" effect, you read so many descriptions of personalities that you turn into a lounge-chair into the Foyer"

Often confused with the much more boring Forer effect by which turn into chairs due to barnem statemens about being chairs....

Also... if you're condensending you'll hear it from others.... you'd know.

Both Woof and Ï think you're ILE rather than LII, so...naked people are never wrong..you're ILE!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    The "Foyer" effect, you read so many descriptions of personalities that you turn into a lounge-chair into the Foyer"

Often confused with the much more boring Forer effect by which turn into chairs due to barnem statemens about being chairs....

Also... if you're condensending you'll hear it from others.... you'd know.

Both Woof and Ï think you're ILE rather than LII, so...naked people are never wrong..you're ILE!
    yeah, but just to be clear, I did mean the foyer effect. I've noticed a few cushions growing on me since I started reading these, and my legs are turning into wood.

I went on tinychat last night. I'm pretty sure woofi revised his opinion that I'm an extrovert.

They actually had to tell me to talk.

I think the only concensus that's been made so far is that I'm a Ti user.

Edit: I'm starting to think that the closest thing so far is SEI, because some of that fits. I do care a good deal about how I dress, and I like to look elegant. I also like decorating my living space. However, I still hate taking care of others. Maybe I just haven't found people I want to take care of.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yeah, but just to be clear, I did mean the foyer effect. I've noticed a few cushions growing on me since I started reading these, and my legs are turning into wood.

I went on tinychat last night. I'm pretty sure woofi revised his opinion that I'm an extrovert.

They actually had to tell me to talk.

I think the only concensus that's been made so far is that I'm a Ti user.

Edit: I'm starting to think that the closest thing so far is SEI, because some of that fits. I do care a good deal about how I dress, and I like to look elegant. I also like decorating my living space. However, I still hate taking care of others. Maybe I just haven't found people I want to take care of.
    Not going to talk about type.

Dress, elegance, decorating heavy interrelates many functions.

is actually something that is quite unique about aesthetics. It ranges from the goth vampire insane clown posse style, to the unintrusive utility of something like The North Face. Also crocs, Mario Batali is a ego, and he's known for his orange crocs. can be quite unfashionable and in Delta when blocked with , anti-fashion(trends), or nostalgic fashion.

One of the things about fashion and elegance is a lot of it is designed to be very uncomfortable for the sake of aesthetics, this is often a devaluing of for and especially in haute where clothing takes on a fantastical and dream like quality.

Quadra wise imo fashion is really interesting because I think each quadra starts heading towards certain qualities in aesthetics.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Not going to talk about type.

Dress, elegance, decorating heavy interrelates many functions.

is actually something that is quite unique about aesthetics. It ranges from the goth vampire insane clown posse style, to the unintrusive utility of something like The North Face. Also crocs, Mario Batali is a ego, and he's known for his orange crocs. can be quite unfashionable and in Delta when blocked with , anti-fashion(trends), or nostalgic fashion.

One of the things about fashion and elegance is a lot of it is designed to be very uncomfortable for the sake of aesthetics, this is often a devaluing of for and especially in haute where clothing takes on a fantastical and dream like quality.

Quadra wise imo fashion is really interesting because I think each quadra starts heading towards certain qualities in aesthetics.
    Do you have any examples you could give?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Do you have any examples you could give?
    What kinda of examples, quadra or type. ^_^

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of close friends is SEI. Now that we're both older, when we're together it can be hard to distinguish us, personality-wise. When we were younger the differences were more obvious. One difference I can think of: whereas I will actively seek out new and interesting things, he likes it when new and interesting things are brought to him, but seems unsure how to go about finding those things for himself. He's always friendly and excessively polite (inert subtype). I always want to be friendly, but sometimes I'm just completely at a loss as to what the socially appropriate response is to a given situation, so I come off unfavorably. I usually just crack a joke because that's the only way I know how to put people at ease.

Just take a break from reading them. Seriously, some of us might even still be here when you come back

Oh, and this video is a pretty good example of a female Ne-ILE:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of close friends is SEI. Now that we're both older, when we're together it can be hard to distinguish us, personality-wise. When we were younger the differences were more obvious. One difference I can think of: whereas I will actively seek out new and interesting things, he likes it when new and interesting things are brought to him, but seems unsure how to go about finding those things for himself. He's always friendly and excessively polite (inert subtype). I always want to be friendly, but sometimes I'm just completely at a loss as to what the socially appropriate response is to a given situation, so I come off unfavorably. I usually just crack a joke because that's the only way I know how to put people at ease.

Just take a break from reading them. Seriously, some of us might even still be here when you come back

Like I said, I dated an LII briefly and we were, like super alike. There were very obvious differences, though. He was weirdly detached and dispassionate. There was always a very strange disconnect in our conversation. Like, he didn't want to hear what I was saying, and I didn't want to interpret what he was saying the way I knew he meant it. We were also very incompatible sexually.

And, yeah, definitely not Ne-ILE. That girl certainly is, but not me. I'm really quite subdued. Until I'm around ILEs actually, and then I perk up.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring her to the forum she thinks she's INFJ