Thread: Am I actually an ILE?

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Am I actually an ILE?

I have taken the sociotype.com website’s test and originally got ILE as the most likely option. I have taken a more personalized test and gotten ILE as the best fit of the options tested. I have also taken Gulenko’s test and gotten ILE. One person has manually typed me ILE. And now that I’ve finally looked back at the basics of model A, I feel like ILE is the only type that really makes sense.

But I have a habit of questioning my type way too much. So I need more confirmation in the hopes that I’ll actually stick with a fully accurate typing. And if I’m wrong, I need to be corrected again anyway, for the sake of accuracy.

So here’s an overview of my personality for typing:
    I am a 25 year old amateur singer-songwriter (and more recently, streamer) and am on the autism spectrum. I am exceptionally adept at remembering facts and got through school without even learning how to effectively study. My interests apart from socionics include history, alternate history, Paradox games, and music. I love metal music, and I lean strongly towards power metal, death metal, and black metal. These kinds of music help express a sort of energy that I do not know how else to express. I have an extremely relaxed attitude towards my environment yet also appreciate physical comfort. I can sometimes forget to eat when working on something interesting. Under normal circumstances I am extremely peaceful, but I will admit that when I feel severely mistreated and excluded I can get extremely defensive. I am fascinated with logical constructs such as model A and model G, which heavily drives my interest in socionics and preference for it over other systems. I can also credit my love for socionics to the beauty of its math and the joy of adding more labels and categorizations to myself. I can get frustrated when people prioritize productivity too much. I am a deeply loyal friend but also try to respect boundaries, and I get extremely hurt when I feel abandoned. I strongly prefer for people to tell me how they feel and what they want from me as I don’t have a clue how to figure it out myself. I am willing to boldly state my opinions for the most part, and I am very active in online spaces, both for companionship and out of a desire to share my creations and accomplishments with the world. I am averse to planning where not necessary, but if other people have plans that affect me, I prefer to know these plans so that I am not interrupted. I internally communicate with myself via words rather than images. I am fond of jokes and will occasionally run fun activities that I think of on the spot. My taste in gaming is above all oriented towards grand strategy, as I love both the strategy involved and the freedom it gives me, and the worlds created by the end of the campaign are unique and feel truly mine. I am also fond of direct worldbuilding and roleplay as additional expressions of creative freedom. The greatest of my creative endeavors is my music, however, which I create swiftly and with much improvisation in the writing. My favorite language is Arabic, as I find the traditional abjad numeral system fascinating in its ability to turn names and words into numbers (I like Hebrew gematria for the same reason), and also because the Arabic script is beautiful and even the sound of the language is aesthetic, and because Arabic has a cool history, and especially because my official language in my favorite Paradox game megacampaign was Arabic… yeah, I like Arabic for a lot of reasons. I take a strong interest in genealogy, partially because the accumulation of more useless labels and categorizations is fun and partially because inbreeding has math and I like math. Humans are essentially a subset of fish and I will die on this hill. In times that are tough for the world I stand behind the LGBTQ+ pride flag.

So do I sound especially like an ILE? Do I sound more like another type?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 359AML View Post
    I have taken the sociotype.com website’s test and originally got ILE as the most likely option. I have taken a more personalized test and gotten ILE as the best fit of the options tested. I have also taken Gulenko’s test and gotten ILE. One person has manually typed me ILE. And now that I’ve finally looked back at the basics of model A, I feel like ILE is the only type that really makes sense.

But I have a habit of questioning my type way too much. So I need more confirmation in the hopes that I’ll actually stick with a fully accurate typing. And if I’m wrong, I need to be corrected again anyway, for the sake of accuracy.

So here’s an overview of my personality for typing:
    I am a 25 year old amateur singer-songwriter (and more recently, streamer) and am on the autism spectrum. I am exceptionally adept at remembering facts and got through school without even learning how to effectively study. My interests apart from socionics include history, alternate history, Paradox games, and music. I love metal music, and I lean strongly towards power metal, death metal, and black metal. These kinds of music help express a sort of energy that I do not know how else to express. I have an extremely relaxed attitude towards my environment yet also appreciate physical comfort. I can sometimes forget to eat when working on something interesting. Under normal circumstances I am extremely peaceful, but I will admit that when I feel severely mistreated and excluded I can get extremely defensive. I am fascinated with logical constructs such as model A and model G, which heavily drives my interest in socionics and preference for it over other systems. I can also credit my love for socionics to the beauty of its math and the joy of adding more labels and categorizations to myself. I can get frustrated when people prioritize productivity too much. I am a deeply loyal friend but also try to respect boundaries, and I get extremely hurt when I feel abandoned. I strongly prefer for people to tell me how they feel and what they want from me as I don’t have a clue how to figure it out myself. I am willing to boldly state my opinions for the most part, and I am very active in online spaces, both for companionship and out of a desire to share my creations and accomplishments with the world. I am averse to planning where not necessary, but if other people have plans that affect me, I prefer to know these plans so that I am not interrupted. I internally communicate with myself via words rather than images. I am fond of jokes and will occasionally run fun activities that I think of on the spot. My taste in gaming is above all oriented towards grand strategy, as I love both the strategy involved and the freedom it gives me, and the worlds created by the end of the campaign are unique and feel truly mine. I am also fond of direct worldbuilding and roleplay as additional expressions of creative freedom. The greatest of my creative endeavors is my music, however, which I create swiftly and with much improvisation in the writing. My favorite language is Arabic, as I find the traditional abjad numeral system fascinating in its ability to turn names and words into numbers (I like Hebrew gematria for the same reason), and also because the Arabic script is beautiful and even the sound of the language is aesthetic, and because Arabic has a cool history, and especially because my official language in my favorite Paradox game megacampaign was Arabic… yeah, I like Arabic for a lot of reasons. I take a strong interest in genealogy, partially because the accumulation of more useless labels and categorizations is fun and partially because inbreeding has math and I like math. Humans are essentially a subset of fish and I will die on this hill. In times that are tough for the world I stand behind the LGBTQ+ pride flag.

So do I sound especially like an ILE? Do I sound more like another type?
    You sound ILE to me. I could go through your statement in detail, but it adds up to ILE.

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understood. What sounds ILE about it, if I may ask?

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could read your post in one go without getting a headache which means that your writing style is logically fluid albeit articulated in a "staccato" matter of facts fashion. I tend to think that it's a trademark of Thinking types. The info you shared are, for the most part, of a static nature which suggest a static type.

You will probably have a better idea of your type as you interact with forumites because with time, it will manifest more obviously.
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're on a site with a dog logo, that means you're a furry, so yes.

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I could read your post in one go without getting a headache which means that your writing style is logically fluid albeit articulated in a "staccato" matter of facts fashion. I tend to think that it's a trademark of Thinking types. The info you shared are, for the most part, of a static nature which suggest a static type.

You will probably have a better idea of your type as you interact with forumites because with time, it will manifest more obviously.
    That is the type of thing I absolutely would not have noticed.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok.. Let's tease apart Se vs Si suggestive. Do you like to receive new sensory experiences? Chasing ideas and stuff out of huge curiosity like this guy

I could see ILI based on few attributes as well. Mainly, relaxation and accumulation of information at the expense of not spreading yourself thin can be a big red flag as well as ASD (which seems mostly introverted position).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr drapetomaniac View Post
    Ok.. Let's tease apart Se vs Si suggestive. Do you like to receive new sensory experiences? Chasing ideas and stuff out of huge curiosity like this guy

I could see ILI based on few attributes as well.
    I would say I do chase ideas. Not so much with sensory experiences, though. More so fun activities.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say I do chase ideas. Not so much with sensory experiences, though. More so fun activities.
    Do you take part in tactile experiences? Working with hands and stuff as well?
    Are you more of a fixer or an inventor?
    If you are about to create something, what sort of end product could it be?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you take part in tactile experiences? Working with hands and stuff as well?
    Are you more of a fixer or an inventor?
    If you are about to create something, what sort of end product could it be?
    I do not work with my hands unless I absolutely have to. I'm more of an inventor than a fixer, but I'm more of the creative kind of inventor, a social kind. Things I create include music, worldbuilding, occasionally activities, miscellaneous videos, and various stuff in simulation and strategy games. I even once made a spreadsheet for the GDP and population of every country in 1923 in a Paradox megacampaign I did.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typing thread with a video, to check

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do not work with my hands unless I absolutely have to. I'm more of an inventor than a fixer, but I'm more of the creative kind of inventor, a social kind. Things I create include music, worldbuilding, occasionally activities, miscellaneous videos, and various stuff in simulation and strategy games. I even once made a spreadsheet for the GDP and population of every country in 1923 in a Paradox megacampaign I did.
    So you like data? How you like math and how about programming?

ILE and ILI are both good options.
    Stephen Wolfram is someone I view as an outgoing ILI.
    Nile Red and Avi Loeb are more ILE kind of people (less building, more inclination to implement).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you like data? How you like math and how about programming?

ILE and ILI are both good options.
    Stephen Wolfram is someone I view as an outgoing ILI.
    Nile Red and Avi Loeb are more ILE kind of people (less building, more inclination to implement).
    I do like math. I took one programming class but forgot much of what I learned - yet I still program a bit in the form of modding Paradox games.

I think ILE makes more sense because of 4D Te (I remember facts to an absurd degree), the fact that I relate more to descriptions of alpha values then gamma values, and the simple fact that a lot of people notice my Fe in VC. But to the credit of ILI, I do resemble the Victim romance style, I think, and it's been suggested that I use dialectical-algorithmic thinking.

Also I don't know of any of the people you listed.

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve seen a suggestion that I could be EIE in a model G framework. This is interesting as my previous self-typing before I started looking at the basics again was EIE. Does EIE seem plausible, given that I actually prefer model G over model A? Or is ILE a far better fit? My biggest concern with EIE was that I thought I had to have 4D Te due to my insane memory for facts, but does model G perhaps fix this issue?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you ask me, Te is defined as a dynamic element. It is like a logical progression of things. When high functioning, it aims also for efficiency (time or comfort). This is where Jung uses the word "formula" (not to be confused with equations).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ask me, Te is defined as a dynamic element. It is like a logical progression of things. When high functioning, it aims also for efficiency (time or comfort). This is where Jung uses the word "formula" (not to be confused with equations).
    Ah, and I guess the facts I’m so good at remembering are more static. So what information elements best fit that, then? Or does it depend on the information?

Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is your username 359AML

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Why is your username 359AML
    I’m a content creator. I publicly go as the 359th Autistic Metal Legion.

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably worth keeping ESE open as an option considering that seems to be the popular opinion on Discord. I’m starting to be pretty convinced.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah, and I guess the facts I’m so good at remembering are more static. So what information elements best fit that, then? Or does it depend on the information?
    Some ILIs are supposed to have encyclopedic associative knowledge on various matters. I agree that facts probably have various sources/bases etc.

Anyway I checked your username and found and looked into it

For instance, "Intuition of the Astral Plane v4" screams Ni.

This reminds me of Ogi Ogas ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6tKKWSNHGs ) who also has ASD and talks about astral planes and stuff. Ogi Ogas (ILI IMO) won "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" and is a scientist and talks about very Ni stuff.
    Also user @Braingel (IEI) has ASD and has talked about astral travels.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ILIs are supposed to have encyclopedic associative knowledge on various matters. I agree that facts probably have various sources/bases etc.

Anyway I checked your username and found and looked into it

For instance, "Intuition of the Astral Plane v4" screams Ni.

This reminds me of Ogi Ogas ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6tKKWSNHGs ) who also has ASD and talks about astral planes and stuff. Ogi Ogas (ILI IMO) won "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" and is a scientist and talks about very Ni stuff.
    Also user @Braingel (IEI) has ASD and has talked about astral travels.
    Tbh I just thought the name sounded cool when I thought of it - I don't particularly care about any concepts of an astral plane - but yes, that song is me. How is it Ni?

Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a content creator. I publicly go as the 359th Autistic Metal Legion.
    I read how you wrote things above and also checked your YT, my current guess for now is IEI. I don't think EIE.

I also notice IEIs tend to express erudition, capability to memorize a lot, being a genius compared to Gamma NTs. Your post also feels like meandering river.

I can get frustrated when people prioritize productivity too much
    I don't know if you mean it exactly what it means since it's just a one liner. If it's about the hustle, I think Ni lead. If you don't actually like to figure out how to make better use of your time, I think I'll point more to IEI > ILI. If you talk about some else about it though, probably a different matter.

The way you describe your interests also gives hints of passion which is something because you posted them yourself like no one is asking you whys (this includes YT too, because that's your own creative thing so most likely not curated subconsciously for typing). But idk, people can be deceiving on posts only.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

Forgetting to eat is classic Si at the bottom. Not planning is P. I think you are Ti with interests in constructing categories & labels.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tbh I just thought the name sounded cool when I thought of it - I don't particularly care about any concepts of an astral plane - but yes, that song is me. How is it Ni?
    Leaving your body for otherworldly imaginative travels. That's pretty much it. It is hard to become more Ni than that.

I have my own pet hypothesis that this is the basis of theory of mind issues in autism - lack of corporeal reality.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI 5w4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably worth keeping ESE open as an option considering that seems to be the popular opinion on Discord. I’m starting to be pretty convinced.
    What are the arguments they're giving in favour of ESE?

TIM
    SEI-CNHD-T
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    What are the arguments they're giving in favour of ESE?
    Very obvious Fe and weak Ti and Ni, essentially.

Speaking of which, someone I deeply trust in socionics matters has given an opinion on my type! And so I am now going as SEI-CN-T.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't you considered IEE?
    Read Rick Delong's IEE profile

Remember you may not relate to stereotypical traits common to some type due to you being on the spectrum.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!