Thread: LSI ILI communication problems (real private conversation)

Hybrid View

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Maybe there's just a personality trait called dick-head? and any type can have it?
    awww

*hugs chriscorey*

every type can be a dick.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    awww

*hugs chriscorey*

every type can be a dick.
    Thank you for the virtual hug.

It just seems like people are referring to ILI children or ILI teenagers/emotionally immature ILI. My ILI friend wrote this on a separate forum addressing how to raise an ILI/INTJ and it seems fairly accurate/helpful.

As a kid, I wanted to call my own shots regardless of what everyone else was doing because they fit into a greater master plan. This can teach a young INTJ how to fend for themselves early, but it can also create an arrogant, antisocial approach to social life, where the INTJ believes they need nobody and yet still, know it all.

I don't think the solution is to simply foster a belief that anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid, and that you are always entitled to use "why?" as a way of disproving something you don't want to think or do. That essentially tells the child that they are always entitled to know why something is what they are expecting it to be, even if their expectations don't capture the entire picture. Sometimes "why?" leads somewhere, other times it halts you.

Many INTJ, myself included, have a tendency to lock themselves into an algorithm of conclusions that seem very much non-negotiable and, typically, pretty negative. You have to teach an INTJ to free themselves from this state by interacting more directly with the world around them. Your logical conclusions will seem better-directed when what you perceive to be true is based on what is real.
    Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel!

-Raskolnikov