I think that many of us are ready to start micromanaging the functions(you know who you are).

The dynamics of an individual type, and the dynamics of intertype relations can be better understood if we start looking into the subtleties.

For example, the fact that certain functions are strong and weak, conscious and unconscious, and, very importantly, accepting and producing.

It has occured to me that there is not necessarily a "flow" of functions in the individual. The model A is a means of representing a system which has no real beginning or end, but is rather a "resonating"(ISI site) whole, which is subject to alterations in activity of certain functions based upon the addition of charges brought by other types. Like I have said before, its best to not look at a human as having boundaries, but really in the idea that they are a knot in a sort of "informational space".

The model A is not literal, but is a clever way of representing every element of a single whole. It is an abstract way of thinking with some very fundamental rules.

Certain functions, it should be noted, appear indifferent. Lytov mentions this idea in his description of the model A.

It appears that these are(some, if not all) of the indifferent functions:

and
and

and
and

Keeping this in mind, support does NOT occur, for example, when the conscious functions of two people, and are matched up, these functions are indifferent. IT occurs in the unconscious of each type.

If you look at the model-X(Socionics.com, you can find it yourself) it appears that there are strong conscious functions represented(this could by why the line is doubled) as well as the weak unconscious functions. The functions cross paths, but they do not touch one another since the represented conscious and unconscious functions are apparently indifferent to one another.

So, for example:
Activation occurs when the weak unconscious estimative(6th) function is stimulated by a strong charge of the same function brought upon by another type. This apparently gives resources to the weaker conscious 4th function- a suppliment for a weak concrete act which, when alone, only exists in an estimative phase. Therefore, it seems, estimation is a weak form of concrete act.

When this is direct(that is, both functions are "producing") the support is clear and coincides with the "life rhythm" of the individual. This occurs in duality and illusiary relations.

When it is reversed the activator is accepting where the activated person is producing. Therefore, deducing from my knowledge of the type descriptions, the activated will view the information they are given as changeable. This occurs in Activation, of course, and also Benefit, where the activated is the benefactor.

If this is true, and I'm almost certain it all is, we can start to really toy with this science now.